Homebrew braindump - userland game dumping!

drsalvador555

Japanese Game Translation Editor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
ctrtool --exefsdir=exefs --romfsdir=romfs game.cxi
you can ignore the exheader hash mismatch.
Thanks for that, I guess that's an error handler that pops up even when there's no real error then? And when I use RomFS output on Pk3DS for example, and it puts out a bin file (RomFS.bin) that is still what I want for HANS for romhacks, correct?

Last edited by drsalvador555,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for that, I guess that's an error handler that pops up even when there's no real error then? And when I use RomFS output on Pk3DS for example, and it puts out a bin file (RomFS.bin) that is still what I want for HANS for romhacks, correct?
yes, named something like 0011c500.romfs (or whatever game you want to use it for)

drsalvador555

Japanese Game Translation Editor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, named something like 0011c500.romfs (or whatever game you want to use it for)
Thanks for the speedy responses, it was 00055e00.romfs according to what hans suggested (invalid path since it wasn't there) and unless piplups run around Santalune in Y version I'd say it was successfully hacked. :)

jman0125

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! Every time I try to dump Fire Emblem: Fates, it say that there was an error during dumping. Any idea why/how to fix it?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! Every time I try to dump Fire Emblem: Fates, it say that there was an error during dumping. Any idea why/how to fix it?
if you're dumping a digital copy, then this game is too new. chances are you have an XML from this repo. you won't be able to dump the game's code, but I think you can dump romfs.

N64 Arctus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently downloaded this tool, and I must say, it is quite useful for what I'm doing, but I have run into an issue with trying to dump OoT3D, as when I attempt to dump the game, it starts up like normal, before stopping at a yellow bottom screen, with the top screen having some random graphics, such as gray lines or a few randomly colored pixels in the bottom left corner of the screen, with the latter being more common. And the issue has been quite persistent with OoT3D, whereas with most other games that I have, they work perfectly fine after a couple of tries.

Last edited by N64 Arctus,
Reactions: KoopaStarRpad

KoopaStarRpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I recently downloaded this tool, and I must say, it is quite useful for what I'm doing, but I have run into an issue with trying to dump OoT3D, as when I attempt to dump the game, it starts up like normal, before stopping at a yellow bottom screen, with the top screen having some random graphics, such as gray lines or a few randomly colored pixels in the bottom left corner of the screen, with the latter being more common. And the issue has been quite persistent with OoT3D, whereas with most other games that I have, they work perfectly fine after a couple of tries.

Same applies to me when trying to dump saves via JK_'s save manager.
So you're not the only one with this problem, which makes me think, does MM3D also have this issue?

einstein95

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

Same applies to me when trying to dump saves via JK_'s save manager.
So you're not the only one with this problem, which makes me think, does MM3D also have this issue?

This is an issue of trying to run homebrew under OoT3D (and Cubic Ninja) on latest fw, due to the addition of memory shuffling or something similar for these titles. MM3D should not be affected.

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to dump Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice, but once it dumps, it says "Failure during dumping. Output data is incomplete!" What do I do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were not sure about the next 30 minutes though +1