Hacking BOYCOTT 3DSLink / R4i Deluxe 3DS / Orange 3DS !!

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 33,367
  • Replies 257
  • Likes 8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Yes because its so very likely that they had access to the beta before anyone else to make that video but couldn't patch it before gateway themselves released it.... very logical....

Like I say. I didn't see the video so I don't know how genuine it may or may not have been, but I don't see how it could have been very hard to fake. Why would they need access to a beta to make a video of a 3DS playing, what game was it? Zelda?

bouhrassa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyway, fake or not, we can agree that their last firmware is simply a clone. They didn't even change the GW logo and the GW prefix on emunand

xyzmanas

Trophies
XP
Country
At least now we know that they can copy GW 1:1, which is a good thing for those who bought the cart. You can now get what GW people will get evn if after 1 week considering it is half the price seems like a fair deal. And I don't know what kind of support are you talking about when pirating either don't buy flash carts and support the game developers or don't write crazy stuff about supporting a pirate group and boycotting the other. Pirate like a boss, buy what is the cheapest and suits you the best... If talking about fairness I guess royalties should be paid to all those who brought up the 3ds home brew scene in the first place but that is not the case so there is no point supporting GW or any other group they are all in for the money.

Reactions: cearp

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
At least now we know that they can copy GW 1:1, which is a good thing for those who bought the cart. You can now get what GW people will get evn if after 1 week considering it is half the price seems like a fair deal. And I don't know what kind of support are you talking about when pirating either don't buy flash carts and support the game developers or don't write crazy stuff about supporting a pirate group and boycotting the other. Pirate like a boss, buy what is the cheapest and suits you the best.
Firstly yes they can copy GW for now. Their hardware is different so there is no guarantee it will be forever. The reason to show GW team with money rather then r4i/3dslink is to have MORE frequent updates if you are giving money to R4i team who are not developing anything over GW who can develop you are hurting everyone (even the R4i buyers). And about your point of pirating, alot of it wouldn't exist if the publishers didn't block out certain regions for upto a year before releasing their games. I for one got Gateway to play Rune factory 4 not even out in EU until next year (6-7months late).

Reactions: tyons

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree with you also...in fact, in a perfect world, support should always go to the guys that initially did the hard work, like all the people who made it possible to play a game, not just the developers.

I hope that makes sense, if not i will explain it even more if you want. :lol:

No it does not make sense.

To use another example, if I burned illegal copies of movies for sale, people should give me credit for allowing you to watch pirated movies cheaply?

When it comes to piracy, all these arguments about support are useless.

Reactions: NEP

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu

To use another example, if I burned illegal copies of movies for sale, people should give me credit for allowing you to watch pirated movies cheaply?

if you are very poor and cannot afford food, and i steal some from a supermarket and give it to you, would you thank me? :) haha

mybluered

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please stop making ridiculous declarations.
When coming to supporting the hard work, do not forget the game developers and do not forget nintendo.
Just pick up what suit you best.
There is no need to support GW at all.
If you do want to show respect to the intellectual property , please keep away from piracy.

164793425.jpg

Is there any difference between these two piracy tools when coming to the contribution to games.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

When coming to supporting the hard work, do not forget the game developers and do not forget nintendo.
If you do want to show respect to the intellectual property , please keep away from piracy.
Yeah, you said exactly what i wanted to say (but did poorly) mybluered, thanx, english is not my native language so i struggled with it.
Now onwards...;)

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can argue the morality of flashcarts/piracy forever but it's pointless because it's a subjective issue. The legality of it on the other hand is a different story. It's not 100% about the piracy... for me anyway. There is also a certain thrill I get from having a device that can just do things it wasn't intentionally supposed to do. It's a neat feeling to know you have something that only a small percentage of people have. I greatly look forward to the day when there is homebrew support and the 3DS had even more functionality. I know I sounds like a sad, lonely nerd but I would give up all 3 of my cats for an SNES emulator :P

In the end it is up to the consumer to decide whether Gateway "deserves" support for what they are doing.

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Obviously Gateway will always be the most up to date flashcart.
So that should be reason enough to only buy that one.

I know they stole 1.0 and 1.2 but what ticks me off is they promised in our faces that they are capable of doing their own work and not need to copy GW anymore. It pisses me off they lied and deceived us. That's not somebody I want to trust anymore.

I guess this was predictable then.

I see The 3DSLink and Orange-3DS are still prominently displayed @ShopTemp
shoptemp.3DS.Flashcarts.jpg

Maybe people should be Reviewing the 3DSLink and Orange-3DS ?

http://shoptemp.net/products/3DSLink-reviews.html
http://shoptemp.net/products/Orange%2d3DS-reviews.html

On top of that, maybe the Info should state these Cards are mere bad replicas of Gateway ?

http://shoptemp.net/products/Orange%2d3DS-info.html
http://shoptemp.net/products/3DSLink-info.html

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If everyone buys clones and the Gateway isn't bought anymore, what do you think will happen?

Gateway team will stop developing updates (no point, since no one is buying their card), and then?

Clone teams magically get the skills to create their own updates? Of course not.

All flashcards will get stuck on whatever capabilities the last Gateway firmware had.

The morality debate is totally besides the point, as many people have tried to make clear throughout this thread.

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If everyone buys clones and the Gateway isn't bought anymore, what do you think will happen?

Gateway team will stop developing updates (no point, since no one is buying their card), and then?

Clone teams magically get the skills to create their own updates? Of course not.

All flashcards will get stuck on whatever capabilities the last Gateway firmware had.

The morality debate is totally besides the point, as many people have tried to make clear throughout this thread.

Well the problem is that there are uninformed consumers. Anyone who is deeply familiar with flashcarts and the like know it's usually not worth it to buy a clone because they have information or experience but if someone sees that "oh this card has the same features but costs $10-$20 less?" they are tempted to buy it because they haven't looked any further than that. I'm guilty of the same thing... My first DS flash cart was an R4 but that didn't last long.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this review needs an update.

http://gbatemp.net/review/r4i-gold-3ds-deluxe.113/

Devin
My suggestion would be the first paragraph should outline this is just a bad copy of the Gateway.
and you should link to the Gateway review - http://gbatemp.net/review/gateway-3ds.79/
And conclude people should buy the Gateway.

He did that for the most part, and he has something called a personal life. ;) I do recall him saying a few days ago that he would update the review accordingly.

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
He did that for the most part, and he has something called a personal life. ;) I do recall him saying a few days ago that he would update the review accordingly.

Yeah he did, in fact he was so pissed he gave the r4i gold deluxe a 2/10 on one of his posts. :lol:

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

164793425.jpg

Is there any difference between these two piracy tools when coming to the contribution to games.

I agree with you.

mr. fancypants

that´s ´Sir´ for you!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
please a boycot really?

if you all could be a little more realistic and think about how all the teams need emuNAND, multirom and stuff like that, you ll understand why the are copying (because everyone want emuNAND). and i dont see any patents so its 'legal' to copy it. and if gateway would stop making updates in order to boycot R4i, dont you think they are 'demolishing' their own market? so "like it or lump it"

But, R4i has gone too far this time. copying 2.01b nearly 1:1, are you serious? the gateway logo is even visible on the buttons and on the upper screen in the interface. they could have take the effort to make new buttons.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So, they're wrong because they're copying another flashcart, but Gateway and most flashcarts aren't wrong when all they allow is for piracy (as far as I know, it's still not possible to have homebrew on it, might be wrong though).

Anyway, every coin has two sides.
Is it wrong for them to copy the hard work of another company? Of course it is.
Is it wrong to play games you didn't pay for or allow people to do it? Of course it is.

I'm not against piracy, as I've done it before, I'm just stating that things are so black and white. Both the original and the clone are ethically wrong.

Reactions: NEP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol