Hacking BOYCOTT 3DSLink / R4i Deluxe 3DS / Orange 3DS !!

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 33,305
  • Replies 257
  • Likes 8
Status
Not open for further replies.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure this thread will have 0% effect on the R4i team.

Reactions: cearp

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about acdelco or napa, but these carts use the identical same firmware without even changing the images with gateway's logo on them, and claim the work as their own.

As long as they aren't keeping Gateway's logo on the label or packaging to try and fool people into buying their knock off, I couldn't care less. That's the low down kinda shit that bugs me, not the copying of a product in the first place.

cateater1

Trophies
XP
Country
I think I prefer to support one card rather than boycott the others. Same difference really but try to be more positive than negative.

Just slightly surprised how blatant the copying has been on the chinese card manufactures part but i guess it was inevitable. (its just so in your face obvious, with the gui and the logos and well everything!) Hopefully the people who have bought 3dslink/r4ideluxe/3dsorange will at least get something out of their cards i would hate to think some tempers have lost out.

Anyway as far as i'm concerned the french/belgian? team went for it first and have produced a decent card, they have also achieved most of their stated goals so they get my support. Go Europe!

Reactions: Etheboss

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
i dont know whats more sad spending money on another flashcart that does everything the first flashcart you bought does, or being a 59year old man or woman crying about pirates stealing other pirates work :P

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i dont know whats more sad spending money on another flashcart that does everything the first flashcart you bought does, or being a 59year old man or woman crying about pirates stealing other pirates work :P

Or trying to consciously troll an aged person.

Mangekyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
For anyone that is not as informed as us, they totally will get the R4 since its the "exactly same thing" (we know its not) but cheaper. So why spend 80$ in one when the same one with different sticker is $40.

I think it wasnt in R4's team to realease their update with the Original GW stuff, but since the Nintendo update was coming they just got it out as it was.
Either way I cant belive how blatant the R4 team is... not even tried to hide it a little bit lol

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
For anyone that is not as informed as us, they totally will get the R4 since its the "exactly same thing" (we know its not) but cheaper. So why spend 80$ in one when the same one with different sticker is $40.

I think it wasnt in R4's team to realease their update with the Original GW stuff, but since the Nintendo update was coming they just got it out as it was.
Either way I cant belive how blatant the R4 team is... not even tried to hide it a little bit lol

lol it's more than obvious now that their emuNAND was a scam. Just look at the news on R4i's site, they are "hoping that somehow" their next firmware counts with some features, the same promised by Gateway, as well as giving the same ETA as Gateway.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone ever take in to considerations on how Nintendo feels.
You wanna Boycott R4i while Nintendo tries hard to fight against Gateway because they are not licensed by them and the only way to play games is to download them illegally.
(lol Nintendo tries hard)
Let them copy because it does not matter whether or not R4 team copies because your still getting your benefits from the Gateway Team

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I think their video showing ''emunand'' was just a fake ... The video cuts between 4.5 and 6.3 .... they just change the 3ds. I could have done the same video

This was my theory though I never watched the video so never posted it.

I figured they released the video to try and coax Gateway into releasing their firmware before having enough time to put in adequate anti-cloaning measures so it would be easier to copy.

Looks like the plan worked!

Reactions: Duo8

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
This was my theory though I never watched the video so never posted it.

I figured they released the video to try and coax Gateway into releasing their firmware before having enough time to put in adequate anti-cloaning measures so it would be easier to copy.

Looks like the plan worked!

Yes because its so very likely that they had access to the beta before anyone else to make that video but couldn't patch it before gateway themselves released it.... very logical....

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah this argument is really pointless.

Support the guys that did the hardwork? What about the game devs?
I agree with you also...in fact, in a perfect world, support should always go to the guys that initially did the hard work, like all the people who made it possible to play a game, not just the developers.

I hope that makes sense, if not i will explain it even more if you want. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)