Hacking Bought a cfw 3DS, is it safe to update to 11.8?

Stella-Etoile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi and sorry in advance for my absence of knowledge in regards to this topic.
I recently bought a 3DS with custom firmware on it, and it's on 11.6 right now.
I was able to play pokemon online until about maybe a month ago, and now I need to upgrade to 11.8 to play online.
My device is on Luma v8.1.1 and I think it has B9S.
I read somewhere that if I have B9S, I can update to 11.8 without any problems, but I wanted to make sure.
Also, I am aware that Freeshop is out of service, but all of my games on the system are from Freeshop.
Will they be deleted/made to not function if I upgrade to 11.8?
Thanks in advance.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to update Luma3DS to v9.1 in order for it to work with 11.8.

Games previously downloaded with freeShop will continue to work.

PECONAUT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to update Luma3DS to v9.1 in order for it to work with 11.8.

Games previously downloaded with freeShop will continue to work.
If you had game download with freeShop before and you update to 11.8 are they going to be flag. Will updating those games somehow result in ban.

I am just confuaco with the whole freeShop fiasco.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you had game download with freeShop before and you update to 11.8 are they going to be flag. Will updating those games somehow result in ban.

I am just confuaco with the whole freeShop fiasco.
Games you downloaded with freeShop are safe. The only thing the 11.8 did was change how eShop purchases are authenticated in order to break freeShop.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

No, however some eshop games may not update properly as some games "update" by simply redownloading a full copy of the game that is the updated version and that will not work (you will get an error, just as if you had tried to update a decrypted/cryptofixed version of the game). Games that use separate update files/titles will work/update normally. Yes, that means when downloading new games you might want to stick with cart dumps that were converted to cia format rather than eshop rips.

Games you downloaded with freeShop are safe. The only thing the 11.8 did was change how eShop purchases are authenticated in order to break freeShop.

Which will also break updates for games where the "update" is a full redownload of the updated version, the same as if you had used a "bad" cia like those created by plaicdn or the "cryptofixed"/decrypted cias that were popular back when n3ds emunand was stuck on firmware 9.6.

Last edited by nl255,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.