Hacking BootNTR 11.0 NATIVE_FIRM Support with 3D Banner

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Anyone having issues changing games? Seems like with NTR I can only load one game and when I try to change game I get stuck on the loading screen. NTR menu still works but the game doesn't load.

Shadow#1

After booing into a game successfully using a cheat plg and then quitting to the Home Screen or trying to boot another game or a different CIA from the Home screen, and even going into system settings, causes the system to crash on the 3DS loading screen.

The user needs to power off the console to fix this, as it will remain permanently stuck on this screen.

Tested on a Jp n3ds (a9lh v1/Luma sys 11.0) using 3.4 preview 2 (non-auto exit & auto-exit)

Last edited by retrofan_k,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shadow#1

After booing into a game successfully using a cheat plg and then quitting to the Home Screen or trying to boot another game or a different CIA from the Home screen, and even going into system settings, causes the system to crash on the 3DS loading screen.

The user needs to power off the console to fix this, as it will remain permanently stuck on this screen.

Tested on a Jp n3ds (a9lh v1/Luma sys 11.0) using 3.4 preview 2 (non-auto exit & auto-exit)
Ok and im supse to do something about this how?

HenryLeonheart

Trophies
XP
Country
Shadow#1

That's an issue that is recurrent when using NTR, doesn't matter which version. You would be better off asking @cell9 to fix it but since the project is discontinued, there's really no fix at the moment for it.

Reactions: retrofan_k

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Ok and im supse to do something about this how?

No need to be a dick about it. Only reporting a bug, as I never used NTR before or knew about this issue.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's an issue that is recurrent when using NTR, doesn't matter which version. You would be better off asking @cell9 to fix it but since the project is discontinued, there's really no fix at the moment for it.

Thanks for clarifying that.

ishygdaft

A mystery wrapped in an enigma
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone having issues changing games? Seems like with NTR I can only load one game and when I try to change game I get stuck on the loading screen. NTR menu still works but the game doesn't load.

Yeah I have this problem too, I've tried it on an old and n3ds.. guess it's just a thing :P

Gvaz

Trophies
Website
gvaz.notsleepytime.org
XP
Country
United States
Okay it wasn't obvious anywhere on the internet, like, at all.

So instructions cause those are helpful:
I'm running Luma3DS on my o3DS XL on 11.0U, after running that guide thing on the internet that I spend 6+ hours muddling through to get A9LH, but use Luma Update to update to the latest nightly, then use FBI patcher's QR code scanner to scan this. Turn your 3DS off, take the card out, and download the closed source NTR.BIN (which is 3.2, which is DIFFERENT than whatever versioning is going on with the outside builds) from https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.2 and put the bin on the root of the card. run your new NTR CIA you installed earlier, and then bam you're done.

Shadow#1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay it wasn't obvious anywhere on the internet, like, at all.

So instructions cause those are helpful:
I'm running Luma3DS on my o3DS XL on 11.0U, after running that guide thing on the internet that I spend 6+ hours muddling through to get A9LH, but use Luma Update to update to the latest nightly, then use FBI patcher's QR code scanner to scan this. Turn your 3DS off, take the card out, and download the closed source NTR.BIN (which is 3.2, which is DIFFERENT than whatever versioning is going on with the outside builds) from https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.2 and put the bin on the root of the card. run your new NTR CIA you installed earlier, and then bam you're done.
Should use latest

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?posts/6461429

Last edited by Shadow#1,

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
@Shadow#1
Maybe add something to the op like this:

To clarify some things!

- About changing game and then be stuck on loading screen, it's a known issue in all versions if you have activated plugins in your game
- @Shadow#1 can't fix this cause he didn't make BootNTR, he just provides us with working versions, manually exit and autoexit for those who can't build themself etc...
- BootNTR development is discontinued by @cell9 in some sort of way.
- However, it seems he still does some merge pull requests for BootNTR when important enough, like @Steveice10 commit for 11.0 support and the New APT Changes pull request from fox8091
- Changes it will get fixed are very low, unless somebody else fixes and test it and does a merge pull request and he does find it important enough.

Shadow#1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Shadow#1
Maybe add something to the op like this:

To clarify some things!

- About changing game and then be stuck on loading screen, it's a known issue in all versions if you have activated plugins in your game
- @Shadow#1 can't fix this cause he didn't make BootNTR, he just provides us with working versions, manually exit and autoexit for those who can't build themself etc...
- BootNTR development is discontinued by @cell9 in some sort of way.
- However, it seems he still does some merge pull requests for BootNTR when important enough, like @Steveice10 commit for 11.0 support and the New APT Changes pull request from fox8091
- Changes it will get fixed are very low, unless somebody else fixes and test it and does a merge pull request and he does find it important enough.

thanks edited and updated

Gvaz

Trophies
Website
gvaz.notsleepytime.org
XP
Country
United States
I don't entirely understand. I used the one in the op and it was fine and gave me the NTR menu. I put the 3ds to sleep and woke up and it didn't work anymore, and I tried running the CIA again, but then it said FW not supported and wouldn't work

I copied the one in the op and overwrote the old ones, and it installed over the existing CIA fine and gives the menu again. What do you think happened?

Also what's auto-exit and non-auto exit? I just went with auto exit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)