Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
gloscherrybomb said:
EDIT: Just accessed the SD card through bootmii, and the apps folder and everything else is still there, but on the homebrew channel all I get is bubbles.

It seems it cant access my SDHC card, where the old HBC could fine?

Anybody have a similar issue?

I don't think I'd consider this a "major problem" with BootMii and it has already been reported many times in this thread and others. It's also currently a confirmed bug on the HackMii issues list.

gloscherrybomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Thats why there's an edit
biggrin.gif
I realised it wasnt a big issue when I found my data was still there.

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mikeyt1998 said:
...but what is a factory bad block? managed to pick up on 11 of those when backing up my NAND... XD

but when it verifies it seems to have made those blocks green, is it writing over with good blocks or what? XD not a NAND expert so i dont know sorry.

a factory bad block is a bad block which was in memory already before the memory chip left the factory. easy huh?
Almost every GPU, CPU or TFT u buy will have some defect transistors when it's leaving the factory. Every NAND-or NOR Memory
will have some bad blocks. Every HDD will have some bad sectors. Why? Coz CPUs, GPUs and TFTs do have so damn much transistors. Flash Memory Chips have so damn much blocks. A HDD has so damn much Sectors.... ...and the manufacturers need to earn money... Much "parts" mean a higher possibility of failures in single parts. manufacturers can't throw away millions of good working transistors on a chip because 20 on the chip do have errors. it is a normal thing. nothing special. they got marked as bad and never used.

They turn green because there was nothing to read on them so a backup can't fail. ECC Errors are more problematic.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tenpmetabg said:
Thanks knowthing, swarmster and --=ZerO=-- for your explanations.
And sorry FenrirWolf if I frightened you
wink.gif

You didn't really "frighten" me, but I wanted confirmation since these kinds of rumors fly around every time some new app comes out and it's good to squash them before they fly too far. Heck, there are still people who think that Nintendo's going to update your Wii while you sleep even though it's been disproved a million times.

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
** TO ALL WHO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH AUTOBOOT, OR BOOTMII.INI IN GENERAL **

I have uploaded a collection of all possible bootmii.ini configurations, with files, that actually work, or at least in theory.
I haven't really tested every single of them, but if they don't work, there must be another, more serious bug in BootMii, or I must be really stupid.

Download the collection here.

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
i have tried the hex editor and still nothing. boot.ini simply being ignored and will not autoboot to sysmenu i guess its a bug that i cant fix, even tho others have it working. i give up

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
KTroopA said:
i have tried the hex editor and still nothing. boot.ini simply being ignored and will not autoboot to sysmenu i guess its a bug that i cant fix, even tho others have it working. i give up

Have you seen my post directly above yours? Try that and report back.
I hope it works, because I won't be around to fix it if it doesn't...

Good Night!

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Ever thought the actual autoboot features works like,

If autoboot selected as system menu : boot system menu after 5 seconds
if selected as hbc : boot hbc after 5 seconds

So uncommenting the last line in the ini has actually no effect. If you don't want bootmii splash screen to appear then you need to delete the executables under the bootmii folder...

Tested and works as depicted above...

ps: by the way, pressing and holding reset leads you to preloader... guess weird selection of buttons (reset & power) is also because of this. something nice to crediar...

ps2: someone asked about crazy intro, haven't tested the video version but 0.6 version works as expected... though there is no use to it with this borked config stuff unless you delete the binaries in the bootmii folder and again boot directly into preloader....

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
Helsionium said:
** TO ALL WHO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH AUTOBOOT, OR BOOTMII.INI IN GENERAL **

I have uploaded a collection of all possible bootmii.ini configurations, with files, that actually work, or at least in theory.
I haven't really tested every single of them, but if they don't work, there must be another, more serious bug in BootMii, or I must be really stupid.

Download the collection here.

YES you are the MAN! i used the progressive file for NTSC and now autoboots to 480p bootmii, 5 secs and then goes straight to SYSMENU
smile.gif

very simple - but it should be pointed for others this is the correct code.

VIDEO=PROGRESSIVEAUTOBOOT=SYSMENU --> with no spaces!

the bootmii.ini is indeed sensitive to spaces and what not.

Many thanks Helsionium
grog.gif

tenpmetabg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KTroopA said:
VIDEO=PROGRESSIVEAUTOBOOT=SYSMENU --> with no spaces!

If you open ini file with notepad, you'll get no space like this :

CODEVIDEO=PROGRESSIVEAUTOBOOT=SYSMENU

But if you open with notepad++ or wordpad (for ex.) you'll get 2 distinctive lines like this :

CODEVIDEO=PROGRESSIVE
AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Acetic Orcein said:
erm sorry if this is a silly question, but should I not bother installing the new homebrew channel if it currently doesnt support sdhc?

It's your choice.

if you use sdhc then just wait.If you don't use sdhc then install the new hbc

Acetic Orcein

Trophies
XP
Country
icpmattj said:
Acetic Orcein said:
erm sorry if this is a silly question, but should I not bother installing the new homebrew channel if it currently doesnt support sdhc?

It's your choice.

if you use sdhc then just wait.If you don't use sdhc then install the new hbc

Oh awesome! thank you very much for the fast response
biggrin.gif

angel129116

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone got any idea of why the new HBC will not install on my system? It shows up in the channel list but all i get is a black screen.....
Take SD card out and load hbc....black screen....

Wii is 3.2e

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1