drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This used to be possible, didn't it?

But I can't get it to work no matter what I try.

I'm using reboot.ms/3ds and I notice there's a "Boot Luma3DS.dat" option. I tried the most recent build, which had the file inside a folder called "MSET-Spider", as well as the very first build after the name changed to Luma. Both of them continually gave the white "An error has occurred" message, the same message you get when exiting HBL without rebooting.

Tried it probably 12 times with each version.; It simply refuses to work.

Is there something I'm missing here? Or does it ONLY work on 9.2.0-20? My 2DS is on 7.1, but I'm able to use Gateway and rxTools just fine. I wanted to switch to Luma so I can play my retail copy of Pokémon Sun (something about anti-piracy checks that fail under rx since it's old)

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would you want to do that? install a9lh and use luma with it. best decision youll ever make.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would you want to do that? install a9lh and use luma with it. best decision youll ever make.

I have my reasons. No need to derail my thread.

I do use a9lh on my primary N3DS. Just want to have an easy to use with no setup required method for all of my other systems.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would at least setup menuhax. Browserhax is the worst way to boot cfw

Again, the whole point is I want something that doesn't require setup. Stop questioning my reasons, Gateway and RX work fine from the browser, so the fact there's a browser version of Luma that refuses to work is what I'm confused about.

Are you saying it DOES work but requires 9.2?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, the whole point is I want something that doesn't require setup. Stop questioning my reasons, Gateway and RX work fine from the browser, so the fact there's a browser version of Luma that refuses to work is what I'm confused about.

Are you saying it DOES work but requires 9.2?
The browserhax luma needs 9.2 just like other browserhax.
I'm not question you. It take opening an app on 9.2 to install menuhax. You waste more time booting the browser once and opening the link then setting up menuhax.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Browserhax is the worst way to boot cfw
The browserhax luma needs 9.2 just like other browserhax.
I'm not question you. It take opening an app on 9.2 to install menuhax. You waste more time booting the browser once and opening the link then setting up menuhax.
In my experience boot rate via menuhax is much lower than browserhax to boot gateway/rxTools ever was.

Not that I'd recommend either. My suggestion obviously would be: stop being lazy and install a9lh.

Reactions: Quantumcat

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I updated the 2DS to 9.2.0-17U using my Super Smash Bros. cartridge, and it still won't work.

I got it working via HBL, but not from Spider. Both are from the same release, 6.6

Does the browser need to be version 20 or something?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So I updated the 2DS to 9.2.0-17U using my Super Smash Bros. cartridge, and it still won't work.

I got it working via HBL, but not from Spider. Both are from the same release, 6.6

Does the browser need to be version 20 or something?
I'm not sure, but you can use sysupdater to get to a full 9.2.0-20

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, but I'm still wondering why it won't work on other versions.

Gateway's launcher was like that, it would only work on -20, but with reboot.ms it works on them all.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did that using sysupdater and it still isn't working. Just errors every time. Works fine via Homebrew Launcher but not from Spider.

What gives?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: