Hacking Hardware Homebrew Luma3DS won’t load and homebrew apps missing

imago_loop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Before I start; I’m quite new to this community and modding/cfw in general so please forgive me if I require clarification on any suggestions!

I booted up my 2DS this morning and everything loaded fine, all of my homebrew apps, my custom theme and my games were all there, I tried opening Radical Red that I installed using NSUI and FBI the other day which has run perfectly up to now, and I was immediately given a crash report.

I rebooted my 2DS and it stayed on a black screen for a lot longer than usual before booting to the normal home menu with all of my homebrew apps missing, with a pop up saying ‘Cannot display software on the SD Card. The SD Card could not be accessed.’

I tried removing the SD Card, checked it over on my computer and everything looks the same, replaced it and still having the same issue, I’m able to boot into both GM9 and Luma3DS Config but fully booting still sends me to an empty home page.

I tried to find anyone with a similar issue on here and some suggested trying to Safe-boot which just immediately gives me the same crash screen as before. I’ve seen suggestions for trying a CTRTransfer while other threads suggest it’s something to do with a corrupted game file.

I’m not personally knowledgeable enough about what the error codes and crash dump are saying to determine the issue so I’m hoping someone here can help me out, I don’t want to attempt to fix anything until I know it’s the right thing to do at risk of making the issue worse.

Attachments

• 609F2067-B952-4D77-BC3F-A766C2109F6D.jpeg
    609F2067-B952-4D77-BC3F-A766C2109F6D.jpeg
    887.5 KB · Views: 44

imago_loop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now that you've started a thread, perhaps you could say what you did for the benefit of future readers?
Unfortunately I believe my issue was due to corrupted files as my PC stopped being able to read anything on the SD card when I reinserted it again. So I formatted the SD card through GM9 and that fixed the issue at the cost of wiping my entire SD card. I was able to back up my save files to my NAND through GM9 and return them after reinstalling everything on my SD card as a PC backup was out of the question once the SD card stopped reading in file explorer.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
once the SD card stopped reading in file explorer
I would have suggested installing ftpd via Universal Updater for wireless file transfers, but then that's probably not a good idea if your SD card is failing. Copying files to the NAND, even temporarily, usually isn't recommended either.

imago_loop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would have suggested installing ftpd via Universal Updater for wireless file transfers, but then that's probably not a good idea if your SD card is failing. Copying files to the NAND, even temporarily, usually isn't recommended either.
Agreed, although unfortunately the NAND was my only option to store some save files as I couldn’t back them up to my PC and installing ftpd was out of the question as I couldn’t boot to Luma whatsoever to actually use Universal Updater

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto