Homebrew Boot9Strap/SigHax Install Success Rate

derrek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Besides the one "user error" report from the initial version of my installer, I also haven't received any reports about bricks...
I suspect that there are alot false positive reports in the OP's poll.

Reactions: SciresM

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Besides the one "user error" report from the initial version of my installer, I also haven't received any reports about bricks...
I suspect that there are alot false positive reports in the OP's poll.
In our case, I can think of people forgetting to put the boot.firm on their SD cards, falsely labeling an unfinished install (due to user error or stuff like 3dsafe) as a brick or users being confused by the many poll options @Lia provides. Anyways, @everyone, be fair. If you think you encountered a legitimate brick and voted that option in that poll, contact me, @SciresM or @Plailect for SafeB9SInstaller issues or @derrek for Sighax Installer issues. Or at least leave a note here about what exactly happened.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i tried to update mine from a9lh to boot9 and now it wont even turn on
Remember: The 3DS turning off right away is a clear sign that it is NOT bricked. A bricked unit would stay in blackscreen or show the feared bluescreen. You did something wrong, @godden18, and I guess everyone who voted for a brick here is similar to your case.

godden18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah thats what mine does. already got the boot.frim on the root but still doing the same.
this is what the root of my SD CARD look like

Attachments

• ddddd.JPG
    ddddd.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 197

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah thats what mine does. already got the boot.frim on the root but still doing the same.
this is what the root of my SD CARD look like
Looks good to me, maybe try a different SD card? Also, the 3DS card reader is not the best quality and sometimes wonky, maybe because it was never intended for regular SD inserts / ejects.

godden18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks good to me, maybe try a different SD card? Also, the 3DS card reader is not the best quality and sometimes wonky, maybe because it was never intended for regular SD inserts / ejects.

ah ok it was working fine and has been for the last year untill i tried to update to boot9

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ah ok it was working fine and has been for the last year untill i tried to update to boot9
Try something else then. Get GodMode9.firm, rename it to boot.firm, put it in the SD card root instead of the Luma 3DS boot.firm. Does it boot? If yes, you've got further proof you're not bricked.

godden18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try something else then. Get GodMode9.firm, rename it to boot.firm, put it in the SD card root instead of the Luma 3DS boot.firm. Does it boot? If yes, you've got further proof you're not bricked.

just tried it and nope. it the same.light lights up blue for a second then nothing

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, you should really try a different SD card. You can come to freenode #Cakey, and I can guarantee you we will get this solved.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok ive got it to boot up again since putting the old arm9loaderhax.bin back on the sd card. whats would cause this to of happened?
The cause is you not installing boot9strap properly and on top of that ignoring red error messages... Want to take your vote back now :P? (hint: you can't)

Last edited by d0k3,
Reactions: RustInPeace

godden18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cause is you not installing boot9strap properly and on top of that ignoring error messages... Want to take your vote back now :P? (hint: you can't)
i have not voted anyway, and no errored appeared on the screen. I followed the guide word for word

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o