Boot to vWii in 480p in AROMA

zmatt25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty simple question: Is there any way to directly boot into the vWii in 480p mode (via a .wuhb or plugin) and then let it automatically return to 1080p when the system reboots into Wii U mode?
Before this could be done with a HBL2HBC mod, but since it doesn't work in the Aroma environment, it kind of needs to be replaced.
Asking because I'm looking out to buying an mClassic for my Wii games.

Reactions: ImaDireWolf

zmatt25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, boot2vwii on github.
i've tried that but couldn't compile the wuhb file. Asked for help in a homebrew discord server but got no response lol. Do you know how to compile it well?

I've tried using this:

make APP_NAME="vWii Menu" APP_AUTHOR="Nintendo" ICON="assets/vWii menu icon.png" TV_SPLASH="assets/vWii_TV.png" DRC_SPLASH="assets/vWii_DRC.png" DISPLAY="TV" FORCERES="P480"

and it throws me a:

Makefile:20: /opt/devkitpro/wut/share/wut_rules: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target '/opt/devkitpro/wut/share/wut_rules'. Stop.

Also tried using the USBLoaderGX example in the Boot2vWii readme and it gave me the same response.

Windi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it possible to share the compiled file? Thanks!
I compiled two different versions: one with a forced resolution of 480p, the other one default.
I used the assets shared in another thread. However, I did not test the resulting files. Have fun

PS: In case someone wants to build the files by themself, I used the following command:
  • For 480p: make TID=0 APP_NAME="vWii Menu 480p" AUTHOR="Nintendo" ICON="assets/wiimenu.png" TV_SPLASH="assets/wiimenu_tv.png" DRC_SPLASH="assets/wiimenu_drc.png" FORCERES=P480
  • Default resolution: make TID=0 APP_NAME="vWii Menu" AUTHOR="Nintendo" ICON="assets/wiimenu.png" TV_SPLASH="assets/wiimenu_tv.png" DRC_SPLASH="assets/wiimenu_drc.png"

Attachments

• vWii Menu 480p.zip
    589.7 KB · Views: 85
  • vWii Menu Default Resolution.zip
    589.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited by Windi,

Mike Abastante

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I compiled two different versions: one with a forced resolution of 480p, the other one default.
I used the assets shared in another thread. However, I did not test the resulting files. Have fun

PS: In case someone wants to build the files by themself, I used the following command:
  • For 480p: make TID=0 APP_NAME="vWii Menu 480p" AUTHOR="Nintendo" ICON="assets/wiimenu.png" TV_SPLASH="assets/wiimenu_tv.png" DRC_SPLASH="assets/wiimenu_drc.png" FORCERES=P480
  • Default resolution: make TID=0 APP_NAME="vWii Menu" AUTHOR="Nintendo" ICON="assets/wiimenu.png" TV_SPLASH="assets/wiimenu_tv.png" DRC_SPLASH="assets/wiimenu_drc.png"
Wow, that was fast. Thank you!!

Reactions: godreborn

Windi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
how about gamepad? is normal the injected vwii games dont working on aroma? theres a workaround?
That is not normal. Are you using SigPatches? You need those to execute Injects, as far as I am aware

About the Gamepad: There is an Option Boot2VWii to force the use of the Gamepad as a display, by default you should be able to choose your preferred display.

Reactions: vbarros22

vbarros22

Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
That is not normal. Are you using SigPatches? You need those to execute Injects, as far as I am aware

About the Gamepad: There is an Option Boot2VWii to force the use of the Gamepad as a display, by default you should be able to choose your preferred display.
yes yes
works fine on tiramisu but on aroma give a error number and I have to shutdown the console
as for gamepad I mean to use as a controller not for display only

Windi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yes yes
works fine on tiramisu but on aroma give a error number and I have to shutdown the console
as for gamepad I mean to use as a controller not for display only
Regarding using the gamepad as a controller: This is not possible using boot2vwii. There are some ways to use the gamepad with injects (like ones made with TeconMoon's injector, which can force the gamepad to be recognised as a different kind of controller, or homebrew like Nintendont which has native gamepad support), but it is generally not easily possible to apply this to normal Wii games.

About starting injects on Aroma: Are you sure you added the sigpatches not only to Tiramisu, but also Aroma?
Generally it might be helpful to share your error number to narrow down your problem ;)

Last edited by Windi,

vbarros22

Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Regarding using the gamepad as a controller: This is not possible using boot2vwii. There are some ways to use the gamepad with injects (like ones made with TeconMoon's injector, which can force the gamepad to be recognised as a different kind of controller, or homebrew like Nintendont which has native gamepad support), but it is generally not easily possible to apply this to normal Wii games.

About starting injects on Aroma: Are you sure you added the sigpatches not only to Tiramisu, but also Aroma?
Generally it might be helpful to share your error number to narrow down your problem ;)
sorry about the late response
error: 199-9999
about the sigpatches: your link is for a nintendo switch on. its that right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...