Boost your Pokédex with the Toys R Us Shaymin download event

Gullwing

homo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the release of Pokémon Platinum a little over a month away, we're beginning to find ourselves relapsing into feverish pokémania. If you've ever known the thrill of a full-to-brim Pokédex, we're sure you've got the bug as well -- which is why we're sure you'll be excited to hear that Toys R Us will be offering a free download of the legendary Grass-type pocket-sized monster, Shaymin, from now until Saturday. Just pop into your local TRU with your copy of Diamond or Pearl in download mode, and snag the lil' guy.

Shaymin comes in two distinct (yet equally delicious) flavors -- "land form", which is how he'll appear once you've plucked him out of the Wi-Fi ethers, and "sky form", which he'll change into should you trade him to Pokémon Platinum. Rumor has it that the toy store will offer another downloadable 'mon in mid-March: the towering Regigigas -- not to be confused with Reggie-Giggles, our nickname for Nintendo of America's equally statuesque president.
Source: Joystiq

So in other words u have to be there to get ur Shaymin in the DS right AND U CAN'T GET IT ELSE...

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gullwing said:
So in other words u have to be there to get ur Shaymin in the DS right AND U CAN'T GET IT ELSE...

Unless you grab a dump of the wifi release when it comes out
lecture.gif

wink.gif

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Aww shucks, if this is for Canada as well, I'm going to have to get him on a pirated copy, because my legit copies are at home. I'm going home on Saturday too! Couldn't this event have been like 3 weeks from now?!!?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Gullwing said:
WildWon said:
Gullwing said:

lecture.gif

wink.gif
I think that you can get the pokemon with narin's cheat ...right?
I'd think that PokéSav would be a better way to do it in
wink.gif

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gullwing said:
Thanks guys.... but I will prefer the legal way
smile.gif

QUOTE(Gullwing @ Feb 10 2009, 06:39 PM) I think that you can get the pokemon with narin's cheat ...right?

if you are using narin's cheat, you are using a flashcard, which is hardly a legal way now is it!

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WildWon said:
So in other words u have to be there to get ur Shaymin in
lecture.gif

wink.gif
The Event rom was actually dumped already, through 4chan.

The rom is remarkably similiar to the Deoxys Event rom, same billboard and icon.

shaymineventph2.png

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendo are still denying Arceus at the moment.
You find Arceus by obtained an event item and using it where you find Dialga/Palkia.

Actually the next event pokémon is Regigigas, it'll know a move it can't normally learn.

Dark_linis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
WildWon said:
So in other words u have to be there to get ur Shaymin in
lecture.gif

wink.gif
The Event rom was actually dumped already, through 4chan.

The rom is remarkably similiar to the Deoxys Event rom, same billboard and icon.

shaymineventph2.png
Just checked... it was taken down T_T

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
War said:
I hate how everyone says "Oh it's not a big deal, you can just hack it in". Well yeah, you can, but some people aren't cheaters and actually care about having legit Pokemon.

And others don't hack anything but the event pokemon. Catching Shaymin up on its island is perfectly fine in my mind, I shouldn't have to go to a random shop just to get a pokemon already in the game.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey no offense but pokemon are pokemon. I don't care about legits, fakes, or hacks. It just a game where you train your creatures to become stronger unless you're going pro like in tournaments.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn