Question Blue-screen after restoring nand.

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by igorakou, Apr 14, 2019.

1. igorakou
    OP

igorakou Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2019
    Portugal
    Portugal
    So I tryed restoring my switch with a nand backup I did back when I started using a CFW (the nand was done before booting into the CFW and it's on 6.1.0, I even checked it with FVI.py, and my Switch was on 6.2 when I tryed restoring the nand) and after it was done restoring, the console now only boots into a blue screen, I can't boot from a CFW either, it stops when it tries to load package2.

As I said before, I have the nand backup from before I hacked my switch, but I did not back up the BOOT0/1 files, I tryed doing it after this happened but they dont seem to work.

I've already tryed searching all over the for a solution and even tryed the "How to install/run ANY Switch firmware UNOFFICIALLY (WITHOUT burning any fuses)" guide made by rajkosto, but I get stuck on step 6 since I can't get the keys for hactool, I tryed the "How to get Switch Keys for Hactool/XCI Decrypting" guide made by PRAGMA to get the keys but when I do step 4 using the "python keys.py" command with the keys I got from biskeydump it gives me an error (probably because the BOOT0 file I have is from after my Switch got into this state) the error is:

Using BOOT0.bin to get keys from package1...
    Could not find keyblob_mac_key_source! Please check the integrity of the data used in the current stage!

I also tryed LockPick_RCM but it gets stuck after it tries to read package2.

Can someone help me with this? I am really tired of searching only to not be able to resolve this issue, I don't doubt that I've missed something important or just don't understand something that might be simple, so I would really appreciate someone's help.

Edit: Forgot to mention I have 8 burned fuses.

Last edited by igorakou, Apr 14, 2019
  2. natkoden

natkoden GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 25, 2006
    Argentina
  3. igorakou
    OP

igorakou Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2019
    Portugal
    Portugal
    Thank you for replying, I tryed using the guide you linked but on "Step 0: Before Starting" it tells me I need the keys.txt for hactool, and as I said before, I can't get them, and since I can't boot into the CFW, I can't use the LockPick app on homebrew to get them like that either.

4. NanashiFinal13

NanashiFinal13 GBAtemp Regular

May 1, 2017
    Argentina
    When you do a nand restore, you also need to restore BOOT0/1

5. igorakou
    OP

igorakou Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2019
    Portugal
    Portugal
    Like I said in the first post, my BOOT0/1 files are from after I got this problem, I did not make a backup of them before the problem, so restoring them didn't do anything diferent.

6. Sm0k3r83

Sm0k3r83 GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    Sm0k3r83 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 16, 2018
    Canada
    Why didnt you backup BOOT0/1 when you made your NAND backup?

7. igorakou
    OP

igorakou Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2019
    Portugal
    Portugal
    Because at the time I didn't know it was needed.

8. natkoden

natkoden GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 25, 2006
    Argentina
    you can google the keys, they will work

9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    It will be missing console unique keys though. And AFAIK the NAND is encrypted with console unique keys.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Apr 14, 2019
  10. igorakou
    OP

igorakou Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2019
    Portugal
    Portugal
    Would those be the TSEC and SBK keys? Because I do have them if they are actually needed that is.

11. Philliyxx

Philliyxx GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2018
    United States
    I believe these are the BIS keys.

Mattytrog actually has a thread for those who didn't back up their boot 0 or 1
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/would-i...ost-blank-boot0-1-for-repair-purposes.533830/ 6.2 and 7.0 are on the *cough* site, but if you want I can generate choidujour boot 0 and 1 files if you want to try those

12. igorakou
    OP

igorakou Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2019
    Portugal
    Portugal
    Thanks for sending me them, I'll try using this and I'll come back with the results.

13. igorakou
    OP

igorakou Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2019
    Portugal
    Portugal
    Alright, after using the files Philliyxx provided me I followed this guide https://guide.sdsetup.com/usingcfw/manualchoiupgrade and after doing so, the blue screen disappeared, but, now whenever I try turning my Switch on, the Kosmos logo shows up (I'm using Kosmos for this) followed by the Nintendo logo, and after maybe 1 sec, the Nintendo logo disappears and the screen stays black even though the Switch stays turned on.

Any solutions? The Nintendo logo only shows up if I boot it through the CFW, if I don't, the logo doesn't apper but the Switch satys on.

14. Philliyxx

Sep 21, 2018
    United States
    What payload are you injecting?

15. igorakou
    OP

igorakou Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2019
    Portugal
    Portugal
    hekate_ctcaer_4.9.1.bin

16. Philliyxx

Sep 21, 2018
    United States
    I would format SD card and put a fresh copy of kosmos on it and try again

17. igorakou
    OP

igorakou Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2019
    Portugal
    Portugal
    The same thing still happens, I even tryed formating it to FAT32 but it still happens.

18. Philliyxx

Sep 21, 2018
    United States
    Hmm did you do Step 14: First Launch Failed?

19. igorakou
    OP

igorakou Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2019
    Portugal
    Portugal
    Yes I did, and I got the same results.

20. Philliyxx

Sep 21, 2018
    United States
    Try to push the payload directly, push the Fusee primary payload, if that doesn't work try ReiNX or base Atmosphere next. If those don't work I would try to do the manual downgrade again and make sure to follow all the steps 100%