wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
homebrew.gif
Blox 5/4/11
NEW NDS Homebrew
BloxDescription5411.png

Blox is a puzzle game made with DS Game Maker. The project offers 6 levels for free users and 10 levels for users willing to shell out a bit of money. The "pro" version also features an additional level editor. For more information on this project be sure to check the links below.

download.gif
 Download (includes all free levels)
icon11.gif
 Homepage
icon11.gif
 Project Post
icon11.gif
 Source

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i've only tested on my acekard so far but i can't get it working. i tested with all files in root, tested with all files in a folder, and tested with just the levels in root. each time when i click "play" the list is blank. i tried to set the directory pointer but i get /(NULL)/.

anyone got this running with akaio?

-another world

JanMulder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
i've only tested on my acekard so far but i can't get it working. i tested with all files in root, tested with all files in a folder, and tested with just the levels in root. each time when i click "play" the list is blank. i tried to set the directory pointer but i get /(NULL)/.

anyone got this running with akaio?

-another world

Can you see any other folders? Or is it just a background without anything on it?

@Prof. 9:
I expected that someone would find out, but not this soon
smile.gif

btw, I've added 2 levels on the website, they're also downloadable with the 'Levels' button in the menu.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I can get to the file list and I can browse around, but I can't go into any subfolders (I can only go one folder deep). If I only have to browse one folder deep to get to the levels, then I can load them properly.

Working with Wood 1.28 and 1.29 on the R4i Gold, and in AKAIO 1.8.6 in an Acekard 2i (HW81).

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
fresh format, akaio and blox are all that are on the msd card. when i click on play i get just a blank list and i can see the background, website address, etc. when i goto settings and choose a directory to set i once again only get a blank list.

i'm still using akaio 1.8.6a. i talked with a friend who mentioned that he could not get it working on the scds2, acekard, or maxmedia dock.

i also wanted to ask, should the pro setting save so that each time you reboot its pro? each time i reboot it wants a code again. i'm thinking that the problem might be with the dldi for the acekard (and other kits).

-another world

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
can't blame the guy for wanting to make a buck or two for his hard work, but you can laugh at him for trying to make a buck or two off of A DS GAME MAKER GAME.

...oh wait, bob's game tried that already
unsure.gif

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Im in the same boat as AW here. Ive tried a bunch of options (akaio 1.8.6a, scdstwo, mmd, hbmenu) all just flash red screens then just black. With MMD (slot-2 max media) I got a blank GUI where the list should be.
Tested with all files at root, as i didnt see any readme or documentation on where to put the files.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
VatoLoco said:
Tested with all files at root, as i didnt see any readme or documentation on where to put the files.

from his post at DSGM forums:

To use the (.blx) levels put them somewhere on your flashcard and browse to them with 'Play' button in Blox' menu.

so yeah, hopefully he's aware that browsing to them isn't working and that he plans to fix that.

also, there's 12 pro-exclusive levels now, not 4.

http://www.blox-ds.co.cc/levels.html

btw, out of pure interest (and since I don't really wanna fiddle around with my microSD too much) has anyone gotten this to work and tried to rename one of the pro levels to one of the free levels and see if it takes it in the free ver?

JanMulder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
i also wanted to ask, should the pro setting save so that each time you reboot its pro?
The PRO key will be saved.

QUOTE said:
but you can laugh at him for trying to make a buck or two off of A DS GAME MAKER GAME.
It's compiled in DS Game Maker, that doesn't mean I'm using the actions of it. Most of the code is written in included files. And then I call the functions in DS Game Maker. If you try it you can see it's not a game made with just the DS Game Maker actions.

btw, out of pure interest (and since I don't really wanna fiddle around with my microSD too much) has anyone gotten this to work and tried to rename one of the pro levels to one of the free levels and see if it takes it in the free ver?
Try it, won't work
smile.gif
. No doubt there is a way of hacking it, but not that easy.

@VatoLoco & Another World:
Don't know why that happens. It seems to work for most of the users...

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i'll poke around more when i have some time. i hope to get it working, it looks like a fun puzzle game.

i'm thinking its a dldi issue because it loads for me but i can't browse the directory and the pro key is never saved.

-another world

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
So I threw a fresh copy of the dstwo firmware onto a 1gig card and was able to play some blox =)
I usually use an 8gigger, so maybe the game doesnt like having to search such a big root directory for the .blx files,
or maybe it doesnt like the allocation the panasonic formatter uses, dunno.

It's a fun homebrew game, im glad i was able to get it rockin.

JanMulder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
It's a fun homebrew game, im glad i was able to get it rockin.
Thanks!

QUOTEBuying a homebrew game made with DS Game Maker: Not cool
As I said, it's just that it's compiled in DS Game Maker not really much more than that.
But even if it would be made with DS Game Maker, if it's a good game what does it matter?

mangopearandappl

Trophies
XP
Country
What's wrong with DS Game Maker?
It's not like it's something that basically makes games for you without doing anything, if you think it is then compiling PAlib  with DevkitPro is also making games without doing anything.
It's like making a function in C and saying it's bad because you used the function because this is all DS Game Maker does and
as JanMulder said, he just compiled with DS Game Maker.
It's an excellent game, I've played it.

Also I'm using an Acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.8.5 and it works on that.
I have a folder called BloxLevels with all the levels in. (Including the pro ones
wink.gif
, yes, I bought pro)
Don't think that you've experienced all you can do on Blox just by playing some free levels.
There's a few reasons that there are 2 different categories for the free and pro levels.

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
WTF Is wrong with DSGM? If Jan didn't even mention it you wouldn't know. Jan is an amazing programmer, he uses it to it's maximum capability's; and he can make games perfectly without it. But at the end of the day, when it's compiled, who cares how it was made?

All you people who are merely saying "Buying a homebrew game made with DS Game Maker: Not cool" can't even make homebrew so just shut up all you haters.

And before you all say, "lol, until this game I bet you didn't even know what homebrew was for the DS" I can make, and have made homebrew without DSGM, like basejumping port and small demos like flat mario kart and such and I have made over 30 games in my time with DSGameMaker, most of them sucked, so this product is amazing that it's made with DSGM, if not more than it already is!

I'm tired as I watched a film last night, but if I need to then I will try and develop this post more.

BUT GIVE JAN A BREAK! YOU COULDN'T DO BETTER, NO MATTER WHAT IT WAS MADE WITH!

Btw, lol mango make a new account just to perswade people as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch