Blowing up resolution for retro games.

potato3334

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I notice that when playing gba games using a pc, even when you maximize the resolution, the game still manages to keep its crisp sharp pixels. but when I use a gba emulator on a ps3, the game begins to get blurry around the pixels.

Could someone explain to me how exactly this works and if there's anyway to make the pixels HD on ps3 like on pc?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I notice that when playing gba games using a pc, even when you maximize the resolution, the game still manages to keep its crisp sharp pixels. but when I use a gba emulator on a ps3, the game begins to get blurry around the pixels.

Could someone explain to me how exactly this works and if there's anyway to make the pixels HD on ps3 like on pc?
I'm pretty sure "HD pixel" is an oxymoron. But like Vins said, if emulators on consoles are anything like those on PC, they have a myriad of options to enable/disable.

potato3334

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I meant by "HD pixel" is that the pixel itself is multiplied, making a pixel comprised of multiple pixels stuck together to make one big pixel. Can't really think of a good way to explain lol. But yeah, I'll check out the emulator options

EDIT: okay holy shit, i changed the hardware filtering from linear interpolation to point filtering, and everything looks crisp as fuck. thanks for the help guys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.