Bloodstained: Ritual of The Night delayed into 2018

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by chavosaur, Sep 9, 2016.

1. chavosaur
    OP

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC

The highly anticipated Kickstarted Castlevania spiritual successor, Bloodstained, has recently been delayed into early 2018.

In Igarashi's latest development update, he cites the need to bring more developers onto the project to further ensure that the game meets all of the standards his backers expect of the project.

While delays in games do tend to help their reputation and playability the earlier release of Mighty NO. 9 and its horrific tale of delays and issues has put plenty of Kickstarter users on edge.

:arrow: SOURCE

Magical Sheep likes this.
  2. XDel

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    I can wait, we have no shortage of "Metroidvanias" today, so I can wait one more year for the master to return. :)

3. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I guess that means bye bye WiiU version :(

digipimp75 likes this.
  4. Autz

Autz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 18, 2016
    Venezuela
    WiiU is kill from the very beginning.

5. Meteor7

Meteor7 Guess where this thumb goes.

Jun 9, 2014
    United States
    New Jersey
    That's alright. I just hope the hype can keep up with the delay and the game can still be released to the market that craves it instead of a market which may have forgotten it.

6. BurningDesire

BurningDesire GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Behind a screen reading news
    Yep. Hello NX version!

Saiyan Lusitano and Pluupy like this.
  7. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Honestly I wasn't going to get the NX after the crap that happened with the WiiU and I haven't got a Xbone or Ps4 So I'll probably just end up getting it on steam now.

8. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian derp

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I actually kind of forgot about this game. I guess I am happy to see it's still going.

9. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Don't see anything that says "bye bye Wii U" version. NX is most likely going to have the Wii U become a virtual console, so I doubt they going to change systems.

10. ChaosBoi

ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

Feb 19, 2007
    United States
    California
    Considering how impressive the E3 demo looks already, I can forgive IGA this time. I just hope it doesn't suffer MN9's notoriety level of delays.

11. Eurasiam

Eurasiam GBAtemp Regular

Sep 11, 2009
    United States
    Holy crap, 2018. well time to play zelda and other games until then. I'm hyped for this game :D

12. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Sep 30, 2010
    As long as they don't make another kickstarterfor DLC and Anime then release a trailer that insult Anime fan, I think they will be alright.

Tomy Sakazaki likes this.
  13. Steena

Steena GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    Italy
    Though it depends how big is the team currently, "more developers" is hardly ever a good thing. Good games come from a few exceptional key developers working together well (like Iga himself mentioned the people who created SotN, back in that special kickstarter interview). Asset churning monkeys or big teams in general tend to have difficulty communicating and bringing a harmonic vision together.

Don't care about the delay, though. So many pointless mediocre games out, I'd rather wait 10 years to play one that was amazing.

14. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    I'm getting a Mighty No. 9-feel here. Hope I'm wrong.

EDIT:

Duke Nukem Forever was in development for years and look how it turned out.

Watch Dogs did too and well, you know, how the game ended up.

15. ChaosBoi

ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

Feb 19, 2007
    United States
    California
    Actually, I've never seen nor played Watch Dogs, so I wouldn't know. :P

Well anyway, I trust IGA on this since he hasn't disappointed me with a Castlevania title outside of the 3D ones. If he makes another delay or two though, then I'll become wary.

16. DarkShinigami

DarkShinigami #1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Soul Society
    duke nukem forever was a bad comparison it was scrapped so many times hell. they even had to restart from scratch several times to change the engine. and 2 years to improve is nothing compared to 10 years. i trust this kickstarter personally since if i recall it was the original head of castlevania.

sure MN.9 was the grandaddy of megaman but lets be honest. he showed it off before it even had an actual style to it and we all fell for the concept art which was a use to lure us in cause we all said "HEY LOOK IT MEGAMAN". BLOODSTAINED on the other hand from the beta ya got to play if ya backed it looks AND feels like a castlevania. MN.9 didnt feel like it was to be the spiritual successor of megaman.

though thats my opinion so take it with a grain of salt.

17. Steena

Steena GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    Italy
    That's development hell though, which does have a track recording of producing underwhelming games.
    A fairer comparison with DNF would be The Last Guardian and FFXV.

18. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Wow, another 2 years? So what are they starting over? That never bodes well from a game development standpoint. (DNF, MechScape/Stellar Dawn, Daikatana, etc.)