Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night now has a release date

After multiple delays and years of waiting, Koji Igarashi's Kickstarter'd Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night has locked in its final release date. The spiritual successor to Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is slated for a summer launch, on June 18 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. Meanwhile, Nintendo Switch users will get a chance to play the following week, on June 25th. A quirky trailer shows off the fact that Bloodstained's graphics and lighting have also been overhauled, improving on what we saw in the initial demos and footage of the game.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
That's why I love Igarashi-sensei. he took criticism from backers and others and put his heart out for many months to completely change the lightning, textures, facial and hair animations, while adding a lot of new stuff.
Yes, the madman definitely proved us wrong :'D

DAY ONE!! (well, it's gonna be day one for me anyway since I backed the project)

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing the different builds and seeing gameplay shows the vast amount of work and effort they put into this and taking complaints and criticisms seriously.

Sadly, people still call them lazy and say it's another Mighty No.9...

LunaWofl

Tyrant R. of ye olde Prinny Squad
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'd take poop if it meant 60fps on switch instead of the 30 we're getting x_x at least all the other versions are fine probably.

Oh well, I was gonna mostly play it on steam anyways. =w= The demos are super fun to speed run and it's nice knowing the release date isn't too far off now~

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'd take poop if it meant 60fps on switch instead of the 30 we're getting x_x at least all the other versions are fine probably.

Oh well, I was gonna mostly play it on steam anyways. =w= The demos are super fun to speed run and it's nice knowing the release date isn't too far off now~
Hmm... Switch is 30FPS only?
Probably I will be getting it on Switch and PS4 then for real (I still want portability).

GBADWB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... Switch is 30FPS only?
Probably I will be getting it on Switch and PS4 then for real (I still want portability).

To take it from the kickstarter update email/page(I backed it)

Email said:
With that said, here are the launch stats for the game on Switch.

Undocked: 720p (fixed) / 30 fps

Docked: 720p (dynamic) / 30 fps with additional effects / visuals, etc.

hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yes!!!!! Pleasantly surprised that it's arriving earlier than I was expecting...Here's hoping it will run well on my old gaming laptop.

Edit: Now that we're a month and half away from release, I just hope they do have the physical backer rewards ready to ship on time.

Last edited by hiroakihsu,

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like what they did with the graphics. The jump seems too slow and plain to me though. Maybe an animation change would help or a spin midair or something

Reactions: Bimmel

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I like what they did with the graphics. The jump seems too slow and plain to me though. Maybe an animation change would help or a spin midair or something
Exactly what I thought from the beginning. A jump is important because you see it so many times - yet they animated it so boring, it hurts.

The graphic changes are really awesome for sure, but all those animations still seem stiff to me. Look at the first "jump" in the cut scene for example.

Reactions: Mythical

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No Linux release, no Vita release, Switch at 30fps, eh, I lost interest on this quite a while ago, if the reviews are favorable (and it runs on Wine *cough*), I might play it.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why the switch version isn’t the same as the others, I think a game like this, it shouldn’t matter if the switch is docked or undocked, the visuals should have been the same. I wonder what effects are not going to be noticed playing this in handheld mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup