Blizzard: DRM is a 'losing battle'

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dudeonline said:
I know you havn't released a game since WoW, but DRM is a losing battle for everyone Blizz. Welcome to 2010.
I would say that their 14 or so million players who actually paid for WoW would agree that their methods of DRM protection seem to work just fine, even if it is just for online play. WoW only requires you to line a valid CD key to your account, Blizzard can tell if you tried to use a key gen in order to link a fake copy of the game, which is exactly what they will be doing with SC2.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
dudeonline said:
I know you havn't released a game since WoW, but DRM is a losing battle for everyone Blizz. Welcome to 2010.
I would say that their 14 or so million players who actually paid for WoW would agree that their methods of DRM protection seem to work just fine, even if it is just for online play. WoW only requires you to line a valid CD key to your account, Blizzard can tell if you tried to use a key gen in order to link a fake copy of the game, which is exactly what they will be doing with SC2.

That's because it's an MMORPG. There IS NO offline mode. At all. So they don't need DRM on it, because it's rather difficult to trick a constantly updated server that you have the right code for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.