Homebrew blargSnes -- SNES emulator for the 3DS (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just because there's no CSND access, suddenly Ninjhax is useless? Flawless logic there. >_>
I'll start digging into the DSP shiz after 1.2 is released.

I came to that conclusion because emulators without sound, that are run via the hack, aren't as enjoyable, see. That's merely my opinion, and therefore, there'd be no real incentive to get a New 3DS. That is all. If there will eventually be workarounds, then great. I don't know anything about programming, the 3DS' inner workings, etc, as such, I shall remain silent on the matter. My apologies for making that assumption. :(

Melon__Bread

~It's A Magik~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: What are the limitation on file names?
Like is there a char limit, or no special characters/spaces?

MikeBeaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sound isn't a huge problem for me at the moment as I can either use the normal 3DS XL, or, as is more common, I use the n3DS when I am in bed before going to sleep, mainly for playing Tetris on Gameyob or SMW in BlargSnes, but always have a Podcast on the go via my headphones, but thought it worth mentioning in case anyone was interested.

@Staple, good to hear the sound will eventually come, once DSP is RE'd, there's no rush though, those of us without GW or similar cards have waited a while for HB, sure a little longer won't kill us :)

or you could just run the leaked cfw and install cubic ninja as a eshop title....seeing as you already own the game :)

erm, don't you need to have a GW card to install it, or at least a DS Flash cart etc?
I was quite adept at doing stuff on the PSP from cfw 2.71 onwards, but from what I have seen, messing around with the cfw for this looks a little harder / not Mac OS X friendly.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is. Seriously, It is even better than snes emulation on psp. At least blargsnes keeps a nearly constant 60 fps in mode 7

wait what? i though mode 7 didnt work at all? i am using the unofficial build from 3dbrew the one w/sound and mode 7 isnt working at all
so you are saying that the new build from piratesephiroth has both sound and mode7 working?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Sound isn't a huge problem for me at the moment as I can either use the normal 3DS XL, or, as is more common, I use the n3DS when I am in bed before going to sleep, mainly for playing Tetris on Gameyob or SMW in BlargSnes, but always have a Podcast on the go via my headphones, but thought it worth mentioning in case anyone was interested.

@Staple, good to hear the sound will eventually come, once DSP is RE'd, there's no rush though, those of us without GW or similar cards have waited a while for HB, sure a little longer won't kill us :)

erm, don't you need to have a GW card to install it, or at least a DS Flash cart etc?
I was quite adept at doing stuff on the PSP from cfw 2.71 onwards, but from what I have seen, messing around with the cfw for this looks a little harder / not Mac OS X friendly.
yeah just a NDS flashcard that works on 4.x....they are pretty cheap.....anyways its an option if you cant pick up another copy of cubic ninja :)

.....but yeah its a bit off a pain in the arse setting it up

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
wait what? i though mode 7 didnt work at all? i am using the unofficial build from 3dbrew the one w/sound and mode 7 isnt working at all
so you are saying that the new build from piratesephiroth has both sound and mode7 working?

Yes, that one has both working.

Reactions: weatMod

Arisotura

rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
Question: What are the limitation on file names?
Like is there a char limit, or no special characters/spaces?
261 characters. That's the limit of the FS API. (and also much more than the screen can fit, heh)

As for special characters and whatnot, the limits are probably just those imposed by FAT filesystems.

Mode 7 does work, but the emulator uses frameskip because for now it's a software fallback. Although even with that it's able to reach fullspeed.

Oh, maybe the 1.19 build didn't have mode 7 yet.

Reactions: the_randomizer

c4655362

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried to run blargSnes for the first time
It would freeze my 3DS
Then I tried redownloading it and now it worked but after I quit a game it kept making this clicking sound that persisted every game. I tried to quit but i got 3DS "An error has occurred" screen and had to shut it off

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I tried to run blargSnes for the first time
It would freeze my 3DS
Then I tried redownloading it and now it worked but after I quit a game it kept making this clicking sound that persisted every game. I tried to quit but i got 3DS "An error has occurred" screen and had to shut it off
the best way to quit the emulator is probably getting to the rom selection menu and hitting the 'X' in the top right corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work