Homebrew blargSnes -- SNES emulator for the 3DS (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, was playing some U.N. Squadron, and during gameplay, I had to do something, so I paused it and put my 3DS off the the side. A little after, I thought I heard something, but dismissed it. Once I was done with what I needed to do, I went back to the game. Unfortunately, it had froze in the pause scenario.

I assume that it will be tricky to fix something like that?

jasonmbrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@piratesephiroth Build of blargSnes_3dsx_unstable_untested. Not sure if its intentional but if I press up in the rom list and im at the top it crashes and makes the ds reboot with a, blabla has encountered error on the 3ds homescreen.

weeandykidd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Crashed playing Earthbound
Just after the intro when you go into a building and a guy runs past you into the bathroom

Is this a known bug? Thought the info would be useful but i've yet to try and reproduce it.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@piratesephiroth Build of blargSnes_3dsx_unstable_untested. Not sure if its intentional but if I press up in the rom list and im at the top it crashes and makes the ds reboot with a, blabla has encountered error on the 3ds homescreen.
haha yeah, it didn't crash with me but shows a lot of gibberish (I use the CIA version)

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Super Bomberman 4 now displays an interesting error screen (Bomberman comforting a crying cowgirl), but I'm buggered if I know what it says.

jasonmbrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@piratesephiroth I Got the Random Jibberish, But I had to load up a rom first, Then pick a new rom. (Crash Only happens if the first thing you do is press UP once blargsnes loads and your at the rom selection screen) Im still waiting To play Super Ghouls and Ghosts On any build Lol. It covers the Screen in Black, So you cant see whats going on.

Id compile Myself But Im still pretty noob with C and makefiles (Keep getting compile errors related to python being an invalid command :\) Hopefully StapleButter Releases a New Build Soon!

Canadacdn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Feature request: If it's not too much trouble, could you include the ability to turn off the bottom/top screen or whichever screen isn't in use during gameplay?

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
@piratesephiroth I Got the Random Jibberish, But I had to load up a rom first, Then pick a new rom. (Crash Only happens if the first thing you do is press UP once blargsnes loads and your at the rom selection screen) Im still waiting To play Super Ghouls and Ghosts On any build Lol. It covers the Screen in Black, So you cant see whats going on.

Id compile Myself But Im still pretty noob with C and makefiles (Keep getting compile errors related to python being an invalid command :\) Hopefully StapleButter Releases a New Build Soon!

PM me, let me see your problem with makefiles.

MikeBeaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a heads up, have been using the unofficial ( not sure which one, i was linked to like 3 times a good few pages back when ppl kept asking for one with sound) on my 3DS and XL, sound worked fine, I have since taken delivery of an n3DS and the sound has gone again, not sure if this helps anyone but thought I would mention it, even though it is not the official build.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Sound will not be available on the New 3DS. We don't have CSND access anymore there.
oooh thats sucks....but did you get anywhere with DSP.....or would that not be usable either, i was kinda under the impression that csnd was already in use on the unofficial build or does it just not work on the new3ds?

MikeBeaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sound will not be available on the New 3DS. We don't have CSND access anymore there.
Ah, I see, good job I've still got a nice 4.3 Xl and the n3DS to work together then, pain in the backside having to install Ninjhax each time I want to swap consoles, but less of a pain than not having homebrew in the first place :)
Suppose I could just have a copy of Cubic Ninja in each console though, hmmmmm.....

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Ah, I see, good job I've still got a nice 4.3 Xl and the n3DS to work together then, pain in the backside having to install Ninjhax each time I want to swap consoles, but less of a pain than not having homebrew in the first place :)
Suppose I could just have a copy of Cubic Ninja in each console though, hmmmmm.....
or you could just run the leaked cfw and install cubic ninja as a eshop title....seeing as you already own the game :)

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Damn, well guess that means those who do get that won't be able to play any emulators, really. That sucks. No way around that I suppose. Guess that the Ninjax is pretty much useless on the New 3DS or rather, can run, but is worse off than on the 3DS.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So just because there's no CSND access, suddenly Ninjhax is useless? Flawless logic there. >_>
I'll start digging into the DSP shiz after 1.2 is released.
Oh no I'm not saying it because of Ninjhax, I was saying because I use a Gateway and was planning on getting a New 3DS and hopefully it will be compatible with GW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s