rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
I find this thread really interesting. Like one of Daves threads covering his DS development work. We haven’t had one on the 3DS side for a long time. I hope you keep plugging away and keep sharing your findings.
Would you happen to have a link to that thread? These things are always so interesting to read. Like the ZXDS developer diary, which I recall reading back then -- it even inspired me to write one about blargSNES, although I never finished it.

Anyway, I'm having fun with this, so I'm going to continue and see how far we can go :)

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Would you happen to have a link to that thread? These things are always so interesting to read. Like the ZXDS developer diary, which I recall reading back then -- it even inspired me to write one about blargSNES, although I never finished it.

Anyway, I'm having fun with this, so I'm going to continue and see how far we can go :)

You can have an example here : https://gbatemp.net/threads/introdu...n-emulator-for-the-ds-dsi.593786/post-9619002

But you have many other examples in ColecoDS thread and Atari 8bit threads from Dave in the NDS forum.

I like the way @wavemotion (Dave) is explaining things, we learn things about the hardware and some tricks used by devs back in the days and of course problems he faces during the emulator development/improvements.

Arisotura

rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
Lil' status update. After ADHDing for a while, I finally took the plunge and backported the last big item: DiscostewSM's new better mode7 renderer. Had some trouble getting it working, but it seems to be working smoothly now.

There are still some tidbits I want to clean up and optimize before a 1.4 release. For example, I need to fix frameskip. I also need to see which GPU buffers really need to be in VRAM, because we're running out of that.

EDIT- so what do we have left:
* switching between renderers causes bugs
* I want to add proper vsync/frameskip settings
* need to look into VRAM usage/distribution, and also optimize the renderer some

Last edited by Arisotura,

Andy2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yo, thats some oldschool stuff right here, love it! Also where the heck is bubbles? I consider him the god of emulation on old3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill