Homebrew blargSnes -- SNES emulator for the 3DS (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sure Gaussian interpolation and ADSR (which helps with echo I think, acronym for Attack Delay Sustain Release), FIR sampling, ADPCM, a few things to work out, but man, full speed, this emulation is proving to be quite impressive :P

a better thing about sound is it doesn't glitch like on psp or zsnes. Just the mushroom/pipe/dragon coins/sound effects in smw sound like the real thing :P

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a better thing about sound is it doesn't glitch like on psp or zsnes. Just the mushroom/pipe/dragon coins/sound effects in smw sound like the real thing :P

Damn, you serious?:blink: That's my main nitpick about Snes emulators on portable devices, only two emulators previously could emulate that right, Snes9x 1.52+ and Bsnes/Higan. Zsnes is old as sin and the PSP only had Snes9x 1.43 ports, prior to it having cycle-accurate S-SMP emulation. Mushroom sounds in the Mario games are tricky as hell to get right :P

Reactions: VinsCool

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Damn, you serious?:blink: That's my main nitpick about Snes emulators on portable devices, only two emulators previously could emulate that right, Snes9x 1.52+ and Bsnes/Higan. Zsnes is old as sin and the PSP only had Snes9x 1.43 ports, prior to it having cycle-accurate S-SMP emulation. Mushroom sounds in the Mario games are tricky as hell to get right :P

I am :) once possible, test by yourself ;)

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I just got a copy of Cubic Ninja, I assume that the version of Blargsnes with sound can be used with that exploit, correct? ^_^

indeed, this is the version I'm using. Unofficial and unsupported by StapleButter, but still WAY better than 1.1 :)

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn it why my Firefox is behind IE

Use the HTML5 player, I believe you can switch YouTube play as that instead of Flash or whatever it defaults to. Or use Chrome.

indeed, this is the version I'm using. Unofficial and unsupported by StapleButter, but still WAY better than 1.1 :)

Good, glad to hear it works :P Now, what other games have you tested and have correct sound effects? Do Final Fantasy games work, like VI?

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I compiled the newest version and this already plays Super Mario World better than the Wii emulator version did, both unofficial and official, very nice.

Use the HTML5 player, I believe you can switch YouTube play as that instead of Flash or whatever it defaults to. Or use Chrome.

Good, glad to hear it works :P Now, what other games have you tested and have correct sound effects? Do Final Fantasy games work, like VI?
Final Fantasy III crashes, Final Fantasy II works (but gets stuck at a text screen) and FF MQ doesn't work either. I don't have any other FFs on it to test.

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it normal for blargesnes to take a while loading roms? Earthbound work without sound and i later could not see the starting menu where you select your file (just disappeared). A link to the past has been loading for about a minute. and megaman xtreme and super mario didnt work either ? tried cia and hc versions.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I always use the HTML5 player. 60pfs is just not supported on Firefox right now.

On IE it even shows on the quality selection menu '720p60' instead of '720p'.

I don't use google's browser. They already have my internet searches... I don't want to give them my whole browsing history too.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it normal for blargesnes to take a while loading roms? Earthbound work without sound and i later could not see the starting menu where you select your file (just disappeared). A link to the past has been loading for about a minute. and megaman xtreme and super mario didnt work either ? tried cia and hc versions.
Megaman X works fine. X2 and X3 obviously won't work because they use special chips.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
-SMW + All Stars
-LOZ a link to the past.
-Super Metroid
-Earthworm Jim (earth worm jim 2 crash)
-Tetris Attack
Everything else I tested seems to have proper sound effects working.

Final fantasy doesn't seems to work for me.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-SMW + All Stars
-LOZ a link to the past.
-Super Metroid
-Earthworm Jim (earth worm jim 2 crash)
-Tetris Attack
Everything else I tested seems to have proper sound effects working.

Final fantasy doesn't seems to work for me.

Ah well, I'm sure it will eventually :P Still, this emulator is already freakin awesome XD

I always use the HTML5 player. 60pfs is just not supported on Firefox right now.

On IE it even shows on the quality selection menu '720p60' instead of '720p'.

I don't use google's browser. They already have my internet searches... I don't want to give them my whole browsing history too.

That's what Control Shift N is for lol. Use incognito mode, they can't track it then.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Ah well, I'm sure it will eventually :P Still, this emulator is already freakin awesome XD

It is. Seriously, It is even better than snes emulation on psp. At least blargsnes keeps a nearly constant 60 fps in mode 7

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

A minute to load a rom and get it started? Link to the Past loads in about 5 seconds for me. Maybe you have too many games in your folder, though.

Reactions: Fpsrussia117

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't promise it will fix it, just a guess...may not help you, but please try hopefully it does help you :)
this worked. went from 300 to 50 roms. Thanks!
its kinda creepy how you guys know all of this stuff lol

StapleButter are you thinking about implementing a full screen feature in the future?

Reactions: dronesplitter

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Heh, was playing some U.N. Squadron, and during gameplay, I had to do something, so I paused it and put my 3DS off the the side. A little after, I thought I heard something, but dismissed it. Once I was done with what I needed to do, I went back to the game. Unfortunately, it had froze in the pause scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkQ0f5zDhaQ +1