Black screen after Nintendo Logo. AutoRCM on. TegraRcmGUI is not detecting the console anymore.

Leriox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey everyone, I've tried to solve my problem, but I hit a dead end and need help figuring out what to do. Any possible solution I found on Google didn't work. I need your help, please.

My problem is that my screen goes black after the Nintendo logo appears, and nothing happens after.

My switch has the auto RCM on, but my computer no longer detects the RCM mode since the black screen started. I can't inject any payload.

I've tried:

1. Charging the switch for hours, days and a whole week.
  2. Remove the SD card and turn it on.
  3. Format the SD card and turn the console on with the SD card inserted.
  4. Tried to start RCM using the jig with the combo of Volumen+ and Power.
  5. Hold volume + and - simultaneously and then hit power for the recovery mode.
  6. Tried to start the console in Safe mode.
  7. Tried to turn it off and on again.

My Switch is Unpatched and XAW70005... series.

I don't know what to do at all... Help!

Thank you to anyone in advance.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Video 2024-06-19 at 22.42.47_da7329c0.mp4
    6.9 MB

alcab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had a similar problem some time ago. After updating my system I accidentally turned off RCM without noticing. And the VOL + button of my Switch didn't work anymore. I had to open the console in order to fix it.

Good luck!

PD: Sorry, I didn't read properly. I see in your video that the console screen turns on for a moment. Have you tried changing the battery?
I have to say that what it is happening to you is weird...

Reactions: Leriox

alcab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Console screen shouldn't turn on when having AutoRCM activated.

Plug your switch in order to recharge it and turn it off by pressing the on/off button for more than 12 s. Wait a few hours, DO NOT unplug your console and press the on/off button again. Then please report your results.

Last edited by alcab,

Leriox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I had a similar problem some time ago. After updating my system I accidentally turned off RCM without noticing. And the VOL + button of my Switch didn't work anymore. I had to open the console in order to fix it.

Good luck!

PD: Sorry, I didn't read properly. I see in your video that the console screen turns on for a moment. Have you tried changing the battery?
I have to say that what it is happening to you is weird...

I did not try to change the battery... I hope the battery is not the problem.

I haven't used a PC to inject payload in a while, but are there PC drivers associated with detecting a Switch in RCM mode?

Yes, there are drivers associated with detecting the Switch in RCM mode. I had the TegraRcmGUI working before the black screen happened. I don't think the computer is the problem. I tried this on another computer with the same result. The RCM is not detected.

Console screen shouldn't turn on when having AutoRCM activated.

Plug your switch in order to recharge it and turn it off by pressing the on/off button for more than 12 s. Wait a few hours and press the on/off button again. Then please report your results.

Precisely, the console should not turn on when AutoRCM is on. I even tried using the Jig just in case the AutoRCM was off, but nothing happened. In the video, I show the console with the jig on and off. Same result. Weird AF.

Yes, I tried to charge the console while it was off after pressing the power button for 30 sec. I tried charging the console for an hour, a day and a few days. Same result.

Thanks for checking my problem.

alcab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure the AutoRCM has been deactivated by some reason. This can happen when updating the system, or maybe because something else. But if the Nintendo logo appears on screen when you turn on your console, this means AutoRCM is off.

Now, what happens if you turn on your console from the dock? Does it also show the Nintendo logo and then turns off?

I'm inclined to think that this is a hardware issue. It could be related to the battery, or even to the USB C port of your console.

Another possibility is that your jig is not working any longer. Try to replace it, or to use a self made clip.

Let's see if other people can share better ideas...

Last edited by alcab,

Leriox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm pretty sure the AutoRCM has been deactivated by some reason. This can happen when updating the system, or maybe because something else. But if the Nintendo logo appears on screen when you turn on your console, this means AutoRCM is off.

Now, what happens if you turn on your console from the dock? Does it also show the Nintendo Logo and then turns off?

I'm inclined to think that this is a hardware issue. It could be related to the battery, or even to the USB C port of your console.

Let's see if other people can share better ideas...

I placed the Switch in the dock, and the battery icon displayed for a second. I pressed the power button, but there was no signal on my TV. The switch's screen turned on and showed the Nintendo logo, then a black screen, while it was inserted into the dock. But no signal on my TV.

If the AutoRCM is off, why doesn't it go into RCM mode when I use the Jig with the combination of Volume + and power?

alcab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is getting weirder and weirder...

My hypothesis is that many things are happening at the same time.

1. AutoRCM is off. It has been deactivated by some reason. Your Switch shouldn't be showing the Nintendo logo if AutoRCM was ON.

2. Your jig or your VOL+ button are not working either. RCM should be activated in any case. If you can see the Nintendo logo, it means you are not booting the console in RCM mode. Please try using another jig. If the problem persists, then it means the VOL+ button is broken.

3. What really bothers me is the fact that your console does not boot properly. And for that, I do not have an explanation. Is it possible that your console is damaged because it fell down or was hit by something? If there is a hardware problem, it could be the battery, the USB C port...

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I agree with what @alcab said, your Switch is not in AutoRCM. From your video, it also looks like your jig is not working properly. Were you using an emuEmmc? Turn off your Switch by holding the power button for 20 seconds, remove your SD card, and try to turn it on normally. If it does the same, it's possibly corruption of the emmc. If you made a backup before hacking your console, it might be time to restore it.

Reactions: Leriox and alcab

Leriox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This is getting weirder and weirder...

My hypothesis is that many things are happening at the same time.

1. AutoRCM is off. It has been deactivated by some reason. Your Switch shouldn't be showing the Nintendo logo if AutoRCM was ON.

2. Your jig or your VOL+ button are not working either. RCM should be activated in any case. If you can see the Nintendo logo, it means you are not booting the console in RCM mode. Please try using another jig. If the problem persists, then it means the VOL+ button is broken.

3. What really bothers me is the fact that your console does not boot properly. And for that, I do not have an explanation. Is it possible that your console is damaged because it fell down or was hit by something? If there is a hardware problem, it could be the battery, the USB C port...

1. Makes sense. AutoRCM is off. Gotcha.

2. I will try to get another Jig or make one.

3. Yeah, it bothers me too. Because I don't even boot into the original system.
I agree with what @alcab said, your Switch is not in AutoRCM. From your video, it also looks like your jig is not working properly. Were you using an emuEmmc? Turn off your Switch by holding the power button for 20 seconds, remove your SD card, and try to turn it on normally. If it does the same, it's possibly corruption of the emmc. If you made a backup before hacking your console, it might be time to restore it.

I tried removing the SD and powering the console, same result. I even formatted the SD card but the same result.

About the EmuEmmc: If the EmuEmmc is corrupted, I need to learn how to fix it. I'm not sure if I did a backup, but I probably did. I followed a tutorial to hack the console.

Is there a way to restore the console to its factory state so I can start from zero? I mean, I'd like to do that with the console like it is.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried removing the SD and powering the console, same result. I even formatted the SD card but the same result.

About the EmuEmmc: If the EmuEmmc is corrupted, I need to learn how to fix it. I'm not sure if I did a backup, but I probably did. I followed a tutorial to hack the console.

Is there a way to restore the console to its factory state so I can start from zero? I mean, I'd like to do that with the console like it is.
If you followed a decent guide, you should have a backup of your eMMC, so you should be ok, as long as you can find it on your computer, but you need to solve the RCM issue first, since you'll need to use Hekate to restore your backup. Get a new jig, or borrow one. Hopefully, your Vol.+ button is working OK.

alcab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
eMMC is not the emulated NAND. It is the physical flash memory module of your Nintendo Switch. If it is corrupted, your Switch won't boot unless you use Hekate in order to restore it. As Dust2dust says, let's hope you kept a backup of yout original eMMC.

If you could boot in RCM mode, you could also boot the emunand in your SD card. This is the most important thing right now, to be able to boot your console in RCM. Until then, we are stuck.

I'm pretty sure your Nintendo Switch has received some kind of hit recently. Is this possible?

Leriox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you followed a decent guide, you should have a backup of your eMMC, so you should be ok, as long as you can find it on your computer, but you need to solve the RCM issue first, since you'll need to use Hekate to restore your backup. Get a new jig, or borrow one. Hopefully, your Vol.+ button is working OK.
Oh... No, I don't have a backup on my computer. The tutorial I followed ages ago didn't ask for that. It did ask me to create a backup inside the hekate menu, but nothing about saving or downloading it to the computer.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh... No, I don't have a backup on my computer. The tutorial I followed ages ago didn't ask for that. It did ask me to create a backup inside the hekate menu, but nothing about saving or downloading it to the computer.
Well, if you made that backup, it should still be on your SD card, then. But if you formatted your SD card as you said, tough luck, I guess. :sad:

Leriox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
eMMC is not the emulated NAND. It is the physical flash memory module of your Nintendo Switch. If it is corrupted, your Switch won't boot unless you use Hekate in order to restore it. As Dust2dust says, let's hope you kept a backup of yout original eMMC.

If you could boot in RCM mode, you could also boot the emunand in your SD card. This is the most important thing right now, to be able to boot your console in RCM. Until then, we are stuck.

I'm pretty sure your Nintendo Switch has received some kind of hit recently. Is this possible?

Crap... I don't have a backup of my eMMC. The tutorial I followed did not ask to do that :/

I will keep trying to boot into RCM mode. What do you mean by:
you could also boot the emunand in your SD card
?

Yes, my switch had a few hits in the past. Fell from the bedside table, for example, is the reason for the white-ish smudge on the right side of my screen. But that happened a long time ago.
Post automatically merged:

Well, if you made that backup, it should still be on your SD card. But if you formatted your SD card as you said, tough luck, I guess. :sad:
I copied all the files to my computer before formatting the SD. Where do I find that? I've attached an screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-20 193202.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-20 193202.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 5

alcab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have you formatted the SD card in which you had the EmuNAND? The one you used to boot your console with?

Ok. You DID format that SD card. This is bad. Your SD card had more files in it than the ones you backed up. A hidden partition of your SD card was containing the emulated NAND you need in order to boot your Switch in emunand...

alcab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No. You formatted the FAT32 partition, and the hidden partition that contained your emuNAND. This is bad news.

PD: Wait, maybe not... Please check if there still is a hidden partition in your SD card. In fact, I think it should be there yet. Nothing is lost, then... fiiuuuu.

Leriox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No. You formatted the FAT32 partition, and the hidden partition that contained your emuNAND. This is bad news.

PD: Wait, maybe not... Please check if there still is a hidden partition in your SD card. In fact, I think it should be there yet. Nothing is lost, then... fiiuuuu.
Looks like the hidden partition is there :)

Not sure what to do from here

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-20 194320.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-20 194320.png
    122.8 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: alcab

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I copied all the files to my computer before formatting the SD. Where do I find that? I've attached an screenshot
Oh, good! It's been a while since I made a backup myself, but this is the content of my backup. Look for similar files, it might be in a folder, check them all.

Screenshot from 2024-06-20 18-44-00.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    ...99,99% wasn't me
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    hai hai, lemme braincheck if I did all that, nopes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, I did that, yes, I am a filthy casual because I don't pay for my games.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Piracy is rad.
    +1
    Straight from the 90's.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I don't download illegally, i just borrow them for educational purposes
    Then delete when you already learnt from them. Right?
    Right???
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The term "educational purposes" has become redundant, and is often used to get around illegal repercussions.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    in a perfect society everything is made for educational purposes
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I'm as clean and holy as a saint, I shit you not :rofl2:
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @NinStar, Pr0n exists on YouTube there of.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    yep, it's educational, for those that preach it
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, They do this to get around YouTube's TOS, and often is abused for that reasoning.
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    if it is educational and enjoyable then everyone wins
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    If people don't get sued or suffer from losses they'll never learn
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    If only google was as aggressive as Nintendo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I love how idiots online always try to make you out as some horrible person and pretend to know your character
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's the internet, people will just attack anyone ,just because they're anonymous for the most part
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And the ones that aren't afraid of being anonymous get it the worst
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh he said this to me, get over it Sunflower
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    the internet is and can get nasty really fast
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but it's the same ones whining about them being a victim when they want negative attention for others lol
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah but it's the same ones whining about them being a victim when they want negative attention...