deltaroyale

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys,
I'm having a problem in the campaign mode; in the Vorkuta mission, on the cutscene that starts after they throw tear gas at you, the game itself freezes during the cutscene, right after the guy says "He never left me".
I already got myself three rips of this game, 1 NTSC and 2 PAL. All of them froze on the same point.
I even tried using WiiScrubber to extract the cutscene data (mid_vorkuta_2.bik) and playing it with RAD Video Tools which, for my surprise, played it without the freeze. The weird thing is that there was no sound.
I also tried replacing the problematic cutscene's data with data of other cutscenes but the game just freezes after making some weird noises.

I ran out of ideas of what may make it work, currently stuck with Multiplayer
unsure.gif

I'm using CFG usb loader v62 222, with cios 224 v5.1 (57 as base)
also tried cios 249 rev20 (57 as base) without success.
Thanks in advance.

deltaroyale

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
darkreaperofdreams said:
weird...i'm using the same config on a 3.2U Wii with a NTSC backup of it con CFG Usbloader
try using ciosxrev20b
That's cios 249 rev20 I mentioned, already tried that.

QUOTE(TechnoWorm @ Jan 3 2011, 02:04 AM) Ive never been in that mission.
I cant pass the mission where you kill vietnamese people
[the one where you need to pop tanks up]
Vorkuta mission = second mission
I did not meet vietnamese people yet, so I'm sure you got past it

deltaroyale

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's definitely a problem with my wii, probably in the way the cutscene's audio is loaded into the game. I may be missing an IOS that's required to play the game...
currently running defraggler on my HDD to see if it's a problem with the drive.
EDIT: BAD idea. doing this messed up with three games. argh can't believe this
EDIT 2: ok now thats just crazy. one of the games that got messed up was black ops. but thankfully I had a backup ISO on my computer, so I just put the game back, and now it doesnt freeze on the cutscene anymore! I got past it and finished that darn mission.

EDIT 3: now the game freezes on a cutscene on "the defector" mission, right after the interrogator says "he came back for you". thats just retarded. =/

Adsaw

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
delta royale, I have the exact same issue as you, or that you had with the cutscene freeze after the Vorkuta mission. Not exactly sure how defragging your drive helped but cool. Im not sure I want to test the same theory due to the fact that I have around 10 games on my drive and I dont want any of them to get "messed up" and create more issues. im using the same setup as you:
cfg loader v62 222
and tried all the different CIOS (i believe). The funny thing is that I had the same issues on v58 running 250, and 224 if I recall correctly. Also I was reading that people were able to get the file (mine is 4.08gb scrubbed) onto thier drives without splitting. Mine wont let me put it on my drive without splitting, I was thinking mabye that was the issue, but from you experiences and considering I can load the game and play two missions the splitting may not be the case. Anyways, if I find anything, or yourself please post it like youve been doing.

Cheers, Adam. Good Luck

deltaroyale

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I forgot to edit my post a last time...
I managed to get past that last freezing cutscene. but the question is, I did so many things trying to fix it that I dont what EXACTLY fixed it @_@
I was using wii game manager to convert my ISO'S into wbfs's. but I found out that an another program, called wii backup manager, is way more fast for doing that. so I started using it.
I also did the same thing I mentioned in the first post - use wiiscrubber to replace the cutscene's data with data from another cutscene. well, it didnt work, but this time the game actually showed up the cutscene instead of a black screen with weird noises like happened when I did this on vorkuta. now the fact is; the problem is not the custcene itself, but definitely the way the audio is loaded into it.
so, I was going to give up. I inserted the original cutscene's data into its place again, made a last try converting the ISO into wbfs with wii backup manager and it worked! I got past the custcene, finished the campaign and also tested the vorkuta mission, which worked too.
man, sorry for the long post or if it was a little confusing.

EDIT: one more thing. I found out that if you convert the iso directly TO your external hard drive, the wbfs' data gets all messed up. deflagger points it as fragmented data. so its best to have the iso on your computer, convert it to your computer, and then copy the wbfs to the HDD.

zeedds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mine freezes in the same spot. been trying stuff all day, its driving me nuts.

edit
I use fat32. I added a ntfs partition and run the game from there with no problems so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway