Hacking Bit of a mess with my Acekard 2

juliancs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I'm by the lake at my grandads, and I somehow managed to delete the system file yesterday. I went into town with him today to get a new gas bottle for his cooker, and bought an SD card that can hold a micro SD - his laptop (an old Asus I think), has an SD card slot. However, when I put the card in, my micro SD shows up as empty, even though it has no free space available. I don't want to format it, as all my games are on there, and I don't have them with me. I have made sure hidden folders are shown, but still see nothing. Can anyone shed any light on this?\

Many thanks

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Most of those cheap SD card to MicroSD card adapters aren't very good. I have several and they work randomly. Just keep trying it, and remove the MicroSD card from it and reinsert it.

Also make sure the write protect tab on the side is set to off.

If the MicroSD card is over 2GB, then it's possible his laptop isn't SDHC compatible.

juliancs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't get it to work. The card is 2GB so.. If I format it - what do I choose? FAT32? I have an undeleter ready to hopefully get the games back off. I guess at the moment I have nothing to lose.

juliancs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, formatted and I now have an empty card. Officerocvery.com's undeleter says there are no deleted files. Great....oh well. Guess I'll be doing lots of reading!

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow that sure sucks
frown.gif
hopefully you've backed up your saves before..

i would never recommend expecting any undeleter to work, and formatting is absolutely not the same as deleting which is the most likely cause for your being unable to recover anything at all.

on the subject of formatting it properly, FAT32 will work, but FAT16 is typically the default for 2gb and smaller drives. i'd advise against formatting with the Windows utility if you can use SD Association Formatter.

gary2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if ur micro sd card was full there wouldnt of been enough space left on the card for the sav files to fit on the sd card and when its tried making a sav its corrupted all ur games i think or something not good has happend i would always leave about 50 mb left over for games saves

trevorgentry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an Acekard 2 version 2.1 and I just put Moonshell onto it and now when I go to My computer it shows up as \asusAVGINI (F.) instead of saying removable disc drive (F.). What am I supposed to do? All of my games were on it and I am almost in tears because I dont think that I am going to be able to get all of my games back along with all of my .sav files.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
trevorgentry said:
I have an Acekard 2 version 2.1 and I just put Moonshell onto it and now when I go to My computer it shows up as \asusAVGINI (F.) instead of saying removable disc drive (F.). What am I supposed to do? All of my games were on it and I am almost in tears because I dont think that I am going to be able to get all of my games back along with all of my .sav files.
Do you have an Asus PC/Laptop?
Do you run AVG?

If I'm right about those two points, then I'm thinking that AVG potentially corrupted your MicroSD (I'll add this as another reason why AVG is absolute SHIT).
What is on the card itself? You made no mention of trying to access files on the card, so maybe do as Rydian said and take a pic of the root of the MicroSD card. Given that the name is actually legible it's possible it's not corrupted, just renamed.

trevorgentry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No and Yes. I dont even know what Asus is becouse I only like apple and Microsoft. So I dont even use Asus. But yes I do use AVG but I have not ran it for a little bit. I dont know why it will appear as \asusAVGINI (F.). Do you have any idea on how to fix it? I did look Asus up on Google and found out that I really would not like them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8