Hacking Betwiin v.10

Natas666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
you must be using a nand formatter compiled for a different region.

Are you using PAL, J-NTSC, or NTSC?

PS, you also need region select wad and EULA wad for your region, plus maybe a couple others
No clue what version it is, maybe this part of my problem, this is the link
http://filetrip.net/f/8468-Nand%20Formatter.rar

I couldn't find a 4.0U version to download, so I was trying 3.4, 4.1, etc... All I found to use was the correct IOS file with the system file.

Natas666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
Well, the case with comex's nand formatter (which I do plan on making a tutorial for) is that when it is compile it has to be make specificaly for each wii. If you get one that is already compiled then it is not for your wii and most likely not for your region. Comex has put the prerequisits in the readme for what the wii absolutely needs for it to run. The system menu version does not matter unless it is a korean wii..or even more dreaded the LU64+ wii's which should not ever run the nand formatter because of huge chance of brick, but that is not your scenario.

Also, I know the earlier version of the nand formatter would only work about 1 out of 50 times because of a major bug. It has been updated since then but not fully reliable and should not be tried unless bootmii is installed to boot2.

The link you provided is for a PAL wii, thats the issue.
This is what's driving me nuts.. This is the read me of the formatter

QUOTEComex Nand Formatter

What is comex nand formatter?
it's used for those who have a brickked wii with bootmii boot2 installed and for those who dont have any alternative to restore their nand backup

Does it format all my IOS on wii?
Yes!!it will clean all your IOS,Save,Channel everything

Does it work on any versions of wii?
Yes!! it is!!!

Requirements:
SD Card(SDHC)
Bootmii(Boot2)
NUS Downloader

Installation:

Create a folder called wad SD:\wad and place all the wad you want to install

Just simply replace/backup your ppcboot.elf file inside bootmii folder located at your SD Card

So when I saw ALL Wiis, I assumed it would work. I can't find any others to download!

Natas666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
Natas666 said:
DeadlyFoez said:
Well, the case with comex's nand formatter (which I do plan on making a tutorial for) is that when it is compile it has to be make specificaly for each wii. If you get one that is already compiled then it is not for your wii and most likely not for your region. Comex has put the prerequisits in the readme for what the wii absolutely needs for it to run. The system menu version does not matter unless it is a korean wii..or even more dreaded the LU64+ wii's which should not ever run the nand formatter because of huge chance of brick, but that is not your scenario.

Also, I know the earlier version of the nand formatter would only work about 1 out of 50 times because of a major bug. It has been updated since then but not fully reliable and should not be tried unless bootmii is installed to boot2.

The link you provided is for a PAL wii, thats the issue.
This is what's driving me nuts.. This is the read me of the formatter

QUOTEComex Nand Formatter

What is comex nand formatter?
it's used for those who have a brickked wii with bootmii boot2 installed and for those who dont have any alternative to restore their nand backup

Does it format all my IOS on wii?
Yes!!it will clean all your IOS,Save,Channel everything

Does it work on any versions of wii?
Yes!! it is!!!

Requirements:
SD Card(SDHC)
Bootmii(Boot2)
NUS Downloader

Installation:

Create a folder called wad SD:\wad and place all the wad you want to install

Just simply replace/backup your ppcboot.elf file inside bootmii folder located at your SD Card

So when I saw ALL Wiis, I assumed it would work. I can't find any others to download!

The official version will not be compiled yet, you should have to compile it yourself. Dont bother doing it unless you know what you are doing because it will create many headaches for you and plus me, and I'm already married so I have enough headaches. I'm done helping here. Someone else take over.
I'm married as well, and expecting our 2nd child in July, so I follow you. I am a .net programmer and have compiled a project or a 1000 in my time. Source code before you leave?

Natas666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SOLVED!!!
Here's an NTSC elf
smile.gif

Used that, correct IOS, and system file using [url=http://download867.mediafire.com/jubxebvmm...USD_v13Beta.zip]http://download867.mediafire.com/jubxebvmm...USD_v13Beta.zip[/url]

Here is the ELF

[url=http://www.mediafire.com/?n5ymyzuj22z]http://www.mediafire.com/?n5ymyzuj22z[/url]

Posts merged

DeadlyFoez said:
Natas666 said:
I'm married as well, and expecting our 2nd child in July, so I follow you. I am a .net programmer and have compiled a project or a 1000 in my time. Source code before you leave?
Google. Wiibrew.org.
Thanks for the help, see recent post. This is an NTSC formatter if you want to use for your tutorial.

Natas666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
I also reccomend installing IOS 30 and 61 when using the formatter so you can run the hackmii installer. I figured it was a region issue.

But really, you should compile it yourself. You have to edit I think main.c to make sure that it is installing the setting.txt with the console ID for your wii otherwise you will end up with minor issues.
Good to know, thanks. I will look into that. Really happy that I least have a bricked wii that can now boot.

stefanox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i succesfully flashed a nand back to a bricked wii,
but when i try to run the hackmii installer i get this message

boot 1 and/or boot2 could not be read (-169600012)
can NOT be installed

jengen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where can i find the Comex Nand Formatter source code

so i compil it by myself i need de to format euro pal versie
nand

wiibrew org cant not find it
frown.gif

stefanox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if we have a dump from a bricked wii,
what is the trick to see, what boot the bricked wii have.

1. open the dump from the bricked wii in a editor.
2. ??????

nik138

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Hi Guys

I need some help here i have a wii which was working gr8 its korean and it was changed to US . i had made a nand dump with keys.bin , i gave it to my cousin and he online updated it to 4.2U so now i have 003 error . i wanted to know how do i recover it . i have the nand dump and i have connected the infectus . can i go ahed and flash the nand.bin? coz i tried it and it does not work . any help or a guide will be helpfull. thanks in advance

cheers
nik

kjwhitcomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I'm trying to unbrick my sister's old Wii. I put bootMii in boot2 and can get there, but she lost the NAND dump I gave her. Does anyone have a donor dump or know where I can find one with boot1a boot2v2? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
kjwhitcomb said:
Hey guys,

I'm trying to unbrick my sister's old Wii. I put bootMii in boot2 and can get there, but she lost the NAND dump I gave her. Does anyone have a donor dump or know where I can find one with boot1a boot2v2? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This would be illegal to share NAND dumps, but I want to know if you can start the homebrew channel with bootmii, from there you could fix the problem without overwriting the NAND.

kjwhitcomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
kjwhitcomb said:
Hey guys,

This would be illegal to share NAND dumps, but I want to know if you can start the homebrew channel with bootmii, from there you could fix the problem without overwriting the NAND.

I can in fact start the homebrew channel with bootmii, but once I try to run any app (WAD manager, cios installer, etc.) I just get a black screen. Is there a particular app I can use or some other file I need on the SD card to fix this? Thanks.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
kjwhitcomb said:
I can in fact start the homebrew channel with bootmii, but once I try to run any app (WAD manager, cios installer, etc.) I just get a black screen. Is there a particular app I can use or some other file I need on the SD card to fix this? Thanks.
You could use cBoot2 because you have bootmii boot2, but I don't know how to use it, I can't install bootmii boot2. I will read how to use it, maybe this help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu