Help needed with BetWiin / doing a Wii NAND transplant

Ravager72

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had success with using BetWiin to flash a Wii with a donor NAND, and if so what version of Python did you use, or is there a detailed tutorial somewhere you can point me to?

I'm trying to do a NAND transplant from a donor Wii to try to fix my bricked Wii, but I can't get BetWiin to run on the latest versions of Python (I'm running Windows 10 and I tried the latest Anaconda distribution and also tried the latest distro from python.org). Both initially gave me syntax errors with the Print command in the script - I fixed those, but then I'm now getting other miscellaneous errors like this:

(base) c:\betwiin>betwiin.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\betwiin\betwiin.py", line 4, in <module>
import os, sys, struct, hashlib, hmac, numpy
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'numpy'

I ran the above with Anaconda, but Anaconda Navigator *is* showing I have the NumPy module installed so I don't know why I'm getting that error.

Since the script was created by Bushing in 2009, just wondering if someone has an updated version that will run on the current versions of Python? Or, is there any other software other than BetWiin that will do a NAND transplant (I do have the keys from the donor Wii and my Wii).

Appreciate any help you can give.

Ravager72

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had success, but don't use betwiin, use punetwiin

In the future I plan on sharing some stuff to make this process way easier
Thanks, I'll check it out.

...and thanks for all the great work you've done with ModMii! Much appreciated!

Reactions: XFlak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: +1