Betwiin v.10

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by pembo, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Erikie

Erikie Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2010
    Netherlands
    check if your drivebay led flashes at least once
    If it stays on either your data is not flashed correctly or your boot1 hash mismatches

2. stefanox

stefanox GBAtemp Regular

Apr 3, 2009
    United States
    drivebay led stays on, when i put the wii on.
    no flikkering,

3. Erikie

Erikie Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2010
    Netherlands
    Read back the data from the nand and compare it with what you flashed in it. I bet you have extra FFs at certain places

4. Erikie

Erikie Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2010
    Netherlands
    I agree with you however not everybody can remove the nand chips so easy without breaking the board. I have a hot air station and then it is a breeze.
    Others use a wire which they pull underneath the legs of the nand which I think is a risky thing to do.

If you only need to flash one wii I think the wiring method is the best option to go for. You are fixing a lot of wiis for others so removing it is so much faster then getting the infectus hooked up every time to a wii....

5. Erikie

Erikie Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2010
    Netherlands
    I read about that chipquik thingy too, however with only heat applied for a couple of seconds on the nand by my hot air station I don't think it will get any damage.

6. delicator

delicator Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2010
    France
    Hello All

I read every 18 pages of this topic, and I'm tired ^^

I think I understand one thing,
    if bricked wii is to recent, it's not boot1 compatible, and I can inject bootmii in.

But, I read in one page, perhaps we can, take off nand with bootmii installed in boot2, and sold on bricked wii, just for booting bootmii, take the nand backup (wrong backup) but with the key of processor of bricked wii.

My idea if it possible, is:

1 do copy of nand with bootmii in boot 2 with an infectus
    2 replace nand bricked with this copy,
    3 boot bootmii and dump (wrong dump, good key)
    4 take the key, and do stuff with betwin etc...
    5 flash nand

?

I dont read or I dont understand if boot2 was encrypted too, and, if a bricked wii can boot bootmii for another nand

Thank you !

7. Erikie

Erikie Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2010
    Netherlands
    bootmii flashing in the nand only works with boot1b
    those are in the older wiis. The newer wiis have boot1c and boot1b

8. happydance

happydance GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2009
    you could do that if both wii are capable installing bootmii as boot2

9. delicator

delicator Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2010
    France
    thanks for answer [​IMG]

The capability of installing bootmii at boot2 is related to processor ? or component on motherboard ?

10. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    related to boot1

11. Erikie

Erikie Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2010
    Netherlands
    which is actually related to the hash in OTP so also a bit CPU related too [​IMG]

12. delicator

delicator Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2010
    France
    Ok ! Understand, And it's because of that, if the console is to new, proc change, boot1 change and even if i sold fonctional NAND who come with bootmii in boot2, I can't boot.

but boot1 & boot2 are encrypted with the hash in cpu ? it's sure i mean ?

13. Erikie

Erikie Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2010
    Netherlands
    boot1 is stored inside an eeprom in the cpu, boot2 is decrypted by boot1 and hash checked against the stored hash key in OTP memory. So no way bootmii will run on a boot1c or higher wii [​IMG]
    Hopefully a way will be found someday to use bootmii on newer wiis in boot2 but I doubt that

14. tueidj

tueidj I R Expert

Jan 8, 2009
    Let's try that again: Boot1 is stored on the nand but cannot be modified because its hash is stored in OTP memory. boot2 is also stored on the nand and can be changed, but with a fixed boot1 it cannot be fakesigned.

15. delicator

delicator Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2010
    France
    ok, and the winner is ?

One of two solutions are the good one ?

And, with recent version of boot1, we can't use breach into boot1 to fakesign boot2 to use bootmii in boot2 ? that it ?
    And if we don't know key we can't write a valid boot1

Even if I change the nand with good one with bootmii in boot2, boot1 encryption doesn't match processor vérification ?

EDIT: read entiere gbatemp board is loooooooooooong, but sometimes found usefull infos :

16. delicator

delicator Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2010
    France
    Another question,
    I want to be sure,
    breach is boot1 and console after last 2008 have new boot1 and can't have bootmii in boot2.
    And update never can block boot1 breach, If I have old console, I'm sure it have boot1 breach even if is in 4.2 update ?

17. Natas666

Natas666 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2009
    United States
    Anyone have a nand/keys for a wii that would work with the following?
    BootMii v1.1
    SysMenu - 4.1U boot1b boot2v3

The bricked Wii is 4.9U boot1b boot2v2

I keep getting the mismatch [​IMG]

18. Natas666

Natas666 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2009
    United States
    Thank you almighty forum contributor. I appreciate your quick response and helpful information

19. Natas666

Natas666 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2009
    United States
    I did everything correct with Betwiin. The area I'm confused about is the hex editing, I'm seeing first 1024, last 1024, but wait, it's 1057 etc... I'm familiar with 010 Editor and able to edit HEX files, just need the info.

I was asking for a donor, since I wasn't sure if what I posted will work, meaning my good wii has SysMenu - 4.1U boot1b boot2v3 and the bricked one has 4.0U boot1b boot2v2

20. Natas666

Natas666 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2009
    United States
    So copy 1024 worth of keys from my good flash.bin to my outputted nand from betwiin? My nand from the output has 1024 more already.

Tried Comex Formatter and a system file and IOS first, and got the Opera error saying it can't find the startup html file. Not a good night! Thanks for help so far...