Homebrew [Beta] Thenaya - TagMo for 3DS

HiddenRambler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
gotta ask again any option of haveing a format option for tags that screwed up link is in my tag but will not let me change it,it is a powersave tag

Sorry i missed your first message. Do you mean that the tag dump for you link is corrupt or that there is something wrong with the powersave device itself?

Daddy Horror

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i was putting link on the disc i took it off to early so it wont read on naimo or what ever or powersave but it reads on this 3ds app but fails to write,it will back up as link wolf,it works in games with ammibos but i cant change it so yeah i guessing it 99 percent written but needs to be formatted so i can rewrite it

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just received my NTAG215, tested some of them... it worked like a charm for both 540b and 572b files.

@HiddenRambler : Just a little "bug" here, I tried Thenaya v0.6 (installing it from CIA version) on O3DSXL (B9S 1.2 & Luma 3DS 8.1) + NFC reader/writer, and there's some display issues on upper screen (like text is hardly readable, pressing home button and came back made it readable). Okay sorry... it was already mentioned on v0.3 changelog !

I would like to ask if Fire Emblem's amiibo support has been added (cause seems like they added it to N2Elite some time ago). Same question concerning Poochy... Seems like Thenaya can't recognize those ones (listing them as unknow). Another stuff is, they are adding LEGO Dimensions support soon, will it be possible to port it on Thenaya ?

A very last question : if I correctly understood if I want to backup save data (appdata) from a NTAG215 card, I need to dump it from Thenaya and eventually restoring save data backup by writing this dump on the same NTAG215 card ?! It will only act on appdata ? Cause I know we can't rewrite another amiibo on NTAG215 card, but manage save data is working like this ?

Last edited by Kleyon,

Sylen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is awsome, had no interest in amiibos, but I recently found out all the stuff that is getting locked behind them in the upcoming 3DS Metroid remake. My 3DS is hacked, but I'm on an old AL9h version(with old luma).

Can I still run this homebrew app, or do I need to update to Bootstrap9?

HiddenRambler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
when i was putting link on the disc i took it off to early so it wont read on naimo or what ever or powersave but it reads on this 3ds app but fails to write,it will back up as link wolf,it works in games with ammibos but i cant change it so yeah i guessing it 99 percent written but needs to be formatted so i can rewrite it

If this was a normal tag this sound like something caused by sending the wrong password to the tag thereby permenantly locking it, which is unrecoverable. But I'm guessing this is an amiibo emulation devices which can be recovered by the software. have you tried taking a backup of the tag and then writing it back to the tag via Thenaya?

I would like to ask if Fire Emblem's amiibo support has been added (cause seems like they added it to N2Elite some time ago). Same question concerning Poochy... Seems like Thenaya can't recognize those ones (listing them as unknow). Another stuff is, they are adding LEGO Dimensions support soon, will it be possible to port it on Thenaya ?

A very last question : if I correctly understood if I want to backup save data (appdata) from a NTAG215 card, I need to dump it from Thenaya and eventually restoring save data backup by writing this dump on the same NTAG215 card ?! It will only act on appdata ? Cause I know we can't rewrite another amiibo on NTAG215 card, but manage save data is working like this ?

• It shouldnt matter that the app can't recognise a tag. it should still be able to dump/write to it as long as its a standard amiibo.
  • I don't know the details about LEGO dimensions unfortunately so can't add support to it as yet.
  • Yes writing data to an already valid amiibo will overwrite just the appdata/mii data. Thenaya automatically detects whether a tag is a blank or a valid amiibo and perform the correct action.

My 3DS is hacked, but I'm on an old AL9h version(with old luma).

Can I still run this homebrew app, or do I need to update to Bootstrap9?

It should as i originally developed on a 3DS with A9LH. Infact it ought to even work with just standard homebrew without any CFW as long as the 3DS firmware is > 10.0. but I havent tested it with that.

Does this work on the 2DS and NFC Adaptor yet?
Yes.

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing you need the external nfc reader for this to work on the old3ds and 2ds right?

Sent from my Q5 using Tapatalk 2

D

Deleted User

I'm guessing you need the external nfc reader for this to work on the old3ds and 2ds right?

Sent from my Q5 using Tapatalk 2
On O2DS and O3DS, yeah

Speaking of, @thehiddenrambler you should add something on devices that need it that says "place your amiibo reader" before scanning like official stuff does because you have to have the reader on and ready before hitting scan for tag or it fails

Tonydaexpert

C++ Pleb, but with a Monado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you be Elaborate on how you combine locked-secret.bin and unfixed-info.bin into amiibo_keys.bin when I try it says the file is too large

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto