Homebrew [Beta] Thenaya - TagMo for 3DS

arcanine

Trophies
XP
Country
That would explain it.
Do you have any actual amiibos? if you do you can back and restore the data to see if it works.
Ahh ok, that's good. Yes I do have real Amiibos. Some are kept in the packaging as part of my collection, hence why I want to write backups so I can actually use them without opening the packaging. But I do have some I have opened and used. Can I write any backup bin to any real Amiibo for testing? And if so can I restore it back how it was again afterwards?

HiddenRambler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh ok, that's good. Yes I do have real Amiibos. Some are kept in the packaging as part of my collection, hence why I want to write backups so I can actually use them without opening the packaging. But I do have some I have opened and used. Can I write any backup bin to any real Amiibo for testing? And if so can I restore it back how it was again afterwards?

You can restore any backup, but it wont change the type of the amiibo and the game will consider it's data to be corrupted if it happens to be an incompatible type (it'll make you reset the data), but i believe you can backup and restore within the same game type (eg: from one SSB amiibo to another SSB).

As long as you take a backup of the amiibo before you do anything you can restore that backup to revert it to the way it was.

If I were you i'd do:

1) Backup the amiibo with some game data (character customisations etc)
2) Goto the game and change the character data to something different.
3) Restore the amiibo from the backup of step 1.
4) Verify the amiibo has the original data when you go into the game.

arcanine

Trophies
XP
Country
You can restore any backup, but it wont change the type of the amiibo and the game will consider it's data to be corrupted if it happens to be an incompatible type (it'll make you reset the data), but i believe you can backup and restore within the same game type (eg: from one SSB amiibo to another SSB).

As long as you take a backup of the amiibo before you do anything you can restore that backup to revert it to the way it was.

If I were you i'd do:

1) Backup the amiibo with some game data (character customisations etc)
2) Goto the game and change the character data to something different.
3) Restore the amiibo from the backup of step 1.
4) Verify the amiibo has the original data when you go into the game.
Hmm, I can't backup real Amiibos. I get the following output after pressing Y with an original Amiibo on the bottom screen:

Reading key file sdmc:/amiibo_keys.bin
Key file loaded.
StartOtherTagScanning() failed: 0xc8a17668.
Scanning failed

Should I assume this is due to my Luma version?

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
What exactly do you mean? If you write to a blank tag the blank tag will become a clone of whatever original tag had including any customisations user registration etc. Are you saying that the cloned/restored tag has different information from the original?
Forget it please, I didn't know that the NaMiiO has other tags that are rewritable - they work with Thenaya but the data will be corrupt and it confused me ^^ Sorry!

arcanine

Trophies
XP
Country
@HiddenRambler
FFS... I had WiFi switched off, and forgot that it also disables NFC. Switched it back on and was able to dump an Amiibo successfully. I'll try changing something in the Amiibo now and see if I can write it back.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@HiddenRambler
It works! Luma 7.0 with A9LH. I backed up my Diddy Kong amiibo then erased it on my Wii U so it showed no owner. After I wrote the backup back to the amiibo it showed me as the owner again. Time to buy some blank tags :D

Reactions: dark ajax

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi HiddenRambler,

Sorry to disturb you and sorry again if that question has already been asked, but do you know if Thenaya could be ported to WiiU (I mean if it is even possible) ? Anyway thanks for this great 3DS homebrew !

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
Hi HiddenRambler,

Sorry to disturb you and sorry again if that question has already been asked, but do you know if Thenaya could be ported to WiiU (I mean if it is even possible) ? Anyway thanks for this great 3DS homebrew !
possible for someone to fork it? Yes. Possible for it to be out anytime in the near future? no.

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your answer Filo97, but what do you mean ?! If it can be forked (and ported to WiiU) why it couldn't be released in a more or less near future ?

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
Thanks for your answer Filo97, but what do you mean ?! If it can be forked (and ported to WiiU) why it couldn't be released in a more or less near future ?
I mean, that there isn't many people entrusted still in developing stuff. (Except the dev of WII U USB HELPER and FIX98). It is higly unlikely to see it out in thhe near future.

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was thinking about FIX94 exactly ! But I don't want to disturb him if it's not even possible ! I agree there's not a lot of active devs on WiiU scene. Don't know if Hikari06 could be capable to port it, maybe I can ask him.

Last edited by Kleyon,

HiddenRambler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Wii U doesn't seem to be as well documented as the 3DS. Also I don't have a Wii U or any knowledge about it so, if it does get one it'll be from someone else.

YoshiOG1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somewhat noob-ish question:
Would it be possible to use the New 3DS's NFC hardware to simulate an NFC tag? (without having to buy blank NTAG215's)
I ask this because I'd like to use spoofed amiibos with my Nintendo Switch, but I'm too lazy to buy the blank tags.

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
First, since your answer is posted on a quote, I understand that question has already been asked, so sorry for that !

Second, many thanks for taking time answering to my question. I will try to look out if I can find someone interested by porting it (maybe some users have already asked some devs ?! I don't really know)

Last edited by Kleyon,

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somewhat noob-ish question:
Would it be possible to use the New 3DS's NFC hardware to simulate an NFC tag? (without having to buy blank NTAG215's)
I ask this because I'd like to use spoofed amiibos with my Nintendo Switch, but I'm too lazy to buy the blank tags.

Not with any currently developed software. :(

TakashiShaw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait... So what exactly is Thenaya for, again? With all the questions I read, I can't tell if it's for backup, or for making existing amiibo hold a different amiibo's data. I'm really confused.

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait... So what exactly is Thenaya for, again? With all the questions I read, I can't tell if it's for backup, or for making existing amiibo hold a different amiibo's data. I'm really confused.

The main thing (as I see it) is writing data from an Amiibo to a blank NFC tag, which is the thing inside an Amiibo that makes it work. (You can get packs of them online.) Got a backup of a golden Mario? Write it to a blank tag and boom, 3ds/WiiU/Switch will think the tag is a golden Mario. Forever. It'll function exactly the same as the real thing.

It can also dump (backup) an amiibo. This includes both what type of amiibo it is and game data, like Smash Bros fighter data. Want to use the same Amiibo on different games? Just keep a backup for each game and write it back to the Amiibo when you want to switch games.

The only thing it can't do is change an Amiibo/written tag from one type to another. That is a limitation of how these NFC tags work. You can't turn your golden Mario into a Peach. That would be weird.

Last edited by Cralex,

arcanine

Trophies
XP
Country
@HiddenRambler
I just wanted to come back and say thank you for this software. I got my blank NFC tags today and wrote all my amiibo backups to them. Finally I can use my Mario 30th Anniversay, SMM, Yarn Yoshi, Mega Yarn Yoshi and Poochy amiibos without having to open the packaging :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: uoiea