Homebrew [Beta] Thenaya - TagMo for 3DS

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies I didn't test the cia, thought it would be ok. Will test and re-upload once i get home.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try the 3dsx (homebrew) version.
Is your wifi on?
yes, it's connected and nfc is working too. I transferred a mii to one of my amiibos, went to the home menu, launched the cia, and it gave me this error.

HiddenRambler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The error code is an access denied. The cia might not have been built with the correct rsf file. Try rebuilding the cia or using the one attached below (i didn't test it).

Last edited by HiddenRambler,

SRKTiberious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New release works just fine.

When you can change the error messages to something human-readable, I'd say this is worthy of a 1.0 tag, IMO.

...Unless you decide you need a GUI for it, anyway.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cloned the repo several hours ago and built it with no errors on the first try. Made tags with both .3dsx and .cia, and everything works like a champ! I love this app :wub:

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I get red screen freeze when I load recent .3dsx updates (this and latest ciangel release not working for some reason)... does anyone know what I need to update?

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
I've tried Thenaya. It seems to write fine in my NTAG215 stickers.
But when I want to use them, the console says it's corrupted and needs to be formatted. After being formatted, it doesn't detect the amiibo character I wanted. (I tried all Mario characters in Mini Mario & Friends amiibo challenge).

Anyone else with the same problem?
n3DS 11.5+Luma 8.1.1+Rosalina+Thenaya 0.7.3dsx+random amiibo dumps I found somewhere

EDIT: Nevermind. I've tried with another sticker and it worked.

Last edited by marc_max,
Reactions: LAP87

Parisu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for directing me here. Now I know its great how we got this app to work to turn tags into amiibos but here is something that mayu sound farfetched, could this turn the actual 3DS into an Amiibo itself? For example using blank code amiibos (Like a brand new Wolf Link fresh outta the box for example or someone else´s Wolf Link Backup Data) Making it work like the real Wolf Link for things like BOTW or accessing the cave of shadows? (Im being this specific cus I lost my Wolf Link... Woe is me) In my country I wouldnt know where to buy NFC tags and honestly a feature like this would make the app so much better.

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for directing me here. Now I know its great how we got this app to work to turn tags into amiibos but here is something that mayu sound farfetched, could this turn the actual 3DS into an Amiibo itself? For example using blank code amiibos (Like a brand new Wolf Link fresh outta the box for example or someone else´s Wolf Link Backup Data) Making it work like the real Wolf Link for things like BOTW or accessing the cave of shadows? (Im being this specific cus I lost my Wolf Link... Woe is me) In my country I wouldnt know where to buy NFC tags and honestly a feature like this would make the app so much better.

Unfortunately, we don't have the kind of access to the NFC drivers that we would need to make a 3DS, itself, pretend to be an Amiibo. Your best bet would be to look online and get a few blank tags sent to you, especially if you want to use Amiibo on another system such as a Switch or Wii U. (There are pre-written tags too, but it's fun to make your own! [emoji6])

The closest we can do now is make a hacked 3DS read an Amiibo file to itself.

Reactions: Parisu

Parisu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Unfortunately, we don't have the kind of access to the NFC drivers that we would need to make a 3DS, itself, pretend to be an Amiibo. Your best bet would be to look online and get a few blank tags sent to you, especially if you want to use Amiibo on another system such as a Switch or Wii U. (There are pre-written tags too, but it's fun to make your own! [emoji6])

The closest we can do now is make a hacked 3DS read an Amiibo file to itself.
thanks for your reply. Guess I will start looking for some tags then.

Reactions: Cralex

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried one on my N3DS. I usually use Tagmo on my Pixel with 100% success.. And so far have had 100% success once again (only did one tho) I did have 3 errors trying to re-dump a tag i just made, but 4th try worked, it was probably where i was holding it, not on the screen but close.. Loving this man..

torrent1

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
While waiting for my parts to come for building the Arduino amiibo maker, I thought I would try this on my New3DS+
The zip files would not work through homebrew, but the cia seemed to install fine.
But, when I go to write the nfc tags, it gets to 97% (Writing PWD) when it fails.
I get the following errors.
... Writing Tag page 133 failed: 0xd0a17490
... nfc write failed -794725232

Any help would be appreciated

.....edit
One more thing, to get the cia install to work, I used FBI but then after the install I cant open the program (present box) so I rebooted the 3DS, then I could open it

edit2....
OK, I figured out what happened. The guy I bought the 50 NTAG215 stickers from actually sent me NTAG213 (with 1 NTAG215 mixed in and one completely ruined one that I don't know the type).
Basically had to scrape together my old Android phone with more issues than me with my mother, and was able to get a NFC reader app on it to check what kind they are... After a couple of hours and lots of scanning I found that 49 were NTAG213 stickers.

SO, I tried to write to the 1 NTAG215 sticker on my 3DS using Thenaya v0.7 and it worked great.

Now, I just need to get a refund from that ******

Last edited by torrent1,
Reactions: Shadow#1

MegaKyurem

WAAALUIGI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting an error whenever I try to put the bin file on the nfc tag:
StartOtherTagScanning() failed.
Failed to get UID: -928942488

Edit: I've been putting the nfc tag on the touchscreen of my new 3ds. That's where it should be right? I might try on another n3ds that I have. Hopefully it'll work on that.

Last edited by MegaKyurem,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: