Homebrew [Beta] Spider DS Profile RopLoader (4.x only)

ewin00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
right this is cool will give it a try but anyway i already have CFW and does this loader makes booting cfw become stable? (you know that i have to try more than twice to boot CFW or ds profile with ds flashcart or bluecard roploader) thx

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Would anyone be kind enough to make a dirty tut on how to install cfw using this
copy the code.bin to your SD, then go to the web page linked in the second page.....then its exactly the same process as usual....no point re-inventing the wheel
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-4-5-sysnand-4-5-cfw-9-4-emunand-without-gateway.378721
right this is cool will give it a try but anyway i already have CFW and does this loader makes booting cfw become stable? (you know that i have to try more than twice to boot CFW or ds profile with ds flashcart or bluecard roploader) thx
no it will almost certainly be exactly the same, this is just an alternate way to install the NDS profile exploit

ewin00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can confirm myself that this works. Although at the moment the loader for it lacks any GUI or anything. You'll see some flicker on the bottom screen. After that you'll have to hard reboot the system once you exit from the browser. (attempt to exit the browser before you actually reboot the system)

Once this does it's thing thing and you exit the browser, you'll see the "An error has occured" on the bottom screen. This isn't the error you get when the browser crashes. It's the kinda error you get when you attempt to boot a blocked DS flashcart or any other thing that might crash the system.

This appears to be as designed. After rebooting and then going back to DS profile, it booted my gateway loader and I'm able to enter gateway mode. If it works for that, it will work for everything else on a 4.x system via MSETT exploit.

And yes I did clear out DS profile by booting my DS flashcart first and making sure it wasn't installed anymore before I tested this. I can say this should be safe to use. This could use a GUI of some kind, but for now it's a really great start! :D
My android say bad zip... who can reup the file please?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
copy the code.bin to your SD, then go to the web page linked in the second page.....then its exactly the same process as usual....no point re-inventing the wheel
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-4-5-sysnand-4-5-cfw-9-4-emunand-without-gateway.378721

no it will almost certainly be exactly the same, this is just an alternate way to install the NDS profile exploit

I know that much what I meant was from start to finish installing cfw and dev menu using this launcher

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I know that much what I meant was from start to finish installing cfw and dev menu using this launcher
yeah...thats it, all this does is install the NDS profile exploit.....then follow the normal setup guide as linked, skip any parts about installing the NDS profile exploit using a NDS flashcard

this literally just replaces any steps that say "run rop installer"....thats it, this isnt a new cfw with new methods its literally the equivalent of inserting a NDS flashcard and running gatewayinstaller.nds

so at any point during any of the existing guides does it say insert NDS card and install rop exploit etc, this is where this can be a substitute method for that one step

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now we just need this for the alternate ROP loader which will either load msetforboss.dar or launcher.dat combine this with the Tut that allows both MT and CFW at same time, and you got a really nice free hack!

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after getting it working and about 2 of my CIA installed I will play it for a few turn it off then boot back into cfw to play some games but every time I click on the games they lock up now has this been going on with any of you? Its getting old because when it does it I have to redo every thing from start and it gets old and takes for ever and this is the 3erd time of this.

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm confused, could someone clarify?

Does this allow you to install CFW and install .cia files, while still being able to play >6.0 retail cart saves? Or would I still need a gateway card to load classic mode for that?

What exactly does this provide that this (http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-4-5-sysnand-4-5-cfw-9-4-emunand-without-gateway.378721/) does not?

It only skips the need of a DS flashcart in order to install the DS Exploit in the first place. The rest of that guide remains unchanged.

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny