Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

redion1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,
I've recently applied the ModMii pack to my Wii (multiple times, including a couple of hours ago, always with the latest version) and I believe it's the cause of an issue I'm having.
I can't guarantee that ModMii is responsible for it, as it involves a feature I don't often use.
Basically, the Internet channel has issues, whereby the text-entry screen doesn't work, until I hide the auto-complete box at the top of the screen. Also, if I try to change the dictionary language, the Wii freezes and requires a hard reset.
Once I disable the auto-complete, I'm able to enter searches, URLs, etc.
I've already tried deleting and reinstalling the Internet channel, from both the .wad and the Shop channel.
My feeling is that the IOS that the Internet channel runs on may have contained the dictionary, but it was removed in the modifications made to the .wad by ModMii.
Any further suggestions, things I may have missed, etc?

crazycaveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried that crazycaveman, but when I put into my SD slot and click the SD icon on my wii, nothing shows up in the channels
What? Are you attempting to run ModMii from your Wii? ModMii is a program you run from your Windows computer, not the Wii. Run ModMii from your computer and use the Wizard option to re-hack your Wii (as I posted before). I thought you were saying your Wii wouldn't boot, but clearly I misunderstood

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well here's the thing: I have a hard modded Japanese Wii and I updated it with a different region update (yeah I'm stupid I know...) and now it won't read any of my back up disks or my Super Smash Bros/ Just Dance Disks (US region) so how do I use modmii properly without a way to boot it up?
ModMii is a Windows program. Download the installer and run it. Follow the prompts.

redion1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This issue has nothing to do specifically with ModMii. IIRC the internet channel uses IOS55, you can try reinstalling that IOS and see if that fixes your problem. Aside from that I'm not sure what else could be causing your issue or how to fix it.

OK, I've tried installing fresh, unmodified .wads of the IOSs that each individual version of the Internet channel runs on (15, 21, 34, and 55), however none of those have fixed the error.
Does anyone know which file is likely to contain the dictionary used by the Internet channel?

crazycaveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This issue has nothing to do specifically with ModMii. IIRC the internet channel uses IOS55, you can try reinstalling that IOS and see if that fixes your problem. Aside from that I'm not sure what else could be causing your issue or how to fix it.

OK, I've tried installing fresh, unmodified .wads of the IOSs that each individual version of the Internet channel runs on (15, 21, 34, and 55), however none of those have fixed the error.
Does anyone know which file is likely to contain the dictionary used by the Internet channel?
Doesn't the Internet channel also have a "save game" for its' data? Maybe that's causing the problems, but I don't know if it would've gotten wiped out by uninstalling the channel...

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can this mod play ISO files through a USB storage, SD card, and DVDs (single and dual)?
mod mii is computer only. it's only downloades what is needed to mod,fix. or what ever you dream of doing to the wii. it doesn't play games ,load games or play movies.
if your not fully sure what mod mii is used for go to page one of the post an read...

ChaseMaxwell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Can this mod play ISO files through a USB storage, SD card, and DVDs (single and dual)?
mod mii is computer only. it's only downloades what is needed to mod,fix. or what ever you dream of doing to the wii. it doesn't play games ,load games or play movies.
if your not fully sure what mod mii is used for go to page one of the post an read...

..So is it possible to do what I just asked? I understand that it's just a computer installation tutorial but I'm asking if what it uses to mod a wii lets me do that.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@[member='ChaseMaxwell'],
Yes, ModMii can assist you in loading backups of your games via a USB hard drive or SD card. Newer model wii's have a dvd drive that cannot read backup discs, but if you're wii has an older model dvd drive, ModMii will also assist you in loading backup discs. However, usb-loading is superior anyways, so backup disc loading is kind of pointless these days. Also, just an FYI, most loaders and game backup managers have default settings to rip games as wbfs files, not ISOs. Essentially it's the same thing except wbfs files take up less space.

@[member='redion1992'],
After making a nand backup (just in case this doesn't work), you can try formatting your wii back to factory settings via the official wii menu. This will remove any channels and game saves you have (which u can recover from your nand backup if necessary). TBH, I'm guessing here, it might not work and you could just end up making more work for yourself (i.e. having to restore your gamesaves and such).

@[member='adamdbz'],
You're very welcome!

Reactions: 1 person

ChaseMaxwell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
@[member='ChaseMaxwell'],
Yes, ModMii can assist you in loading backups of your games via a USB hard drive or SD card. Newer model wii's have a dvd drive that cannot read backup discs, but if you're wii has an older model dvd drive, ModMii will also assist you in loading backup discs. However, usb-loading is superior anyways, so backup disc loading is kind of pointless these days. Also, just an FYI, most loaders and game backup managers have default settings to rip games as wbfs files, not ISOs. Essentially it's the same thing except wbfs files take up less space.

@[member='redion1992'],
After making a nand backup (just in case this doesn't work), you can try formatting your wii back to factory settings via the official wii menu. This will remove any channels and game saves you have (which u can recover from your nand backup if necessary). TBH, I'm guessing here, it might not work and you could just end up making more work for yourself (i.e. having to restore your gamesaves and such).

@[member='adamdbz'],
You're very welcome!

Thanks!

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Doesn't the Internet channel also have a "save game" for its' data? Maybe that's causing the problems, but I don't know if it would've gotten wiped out by uninstalling the channel...
No, only favorites are stored there.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Bug report: I can't change the version number of a cIOS when using Advanced Downloads. The file name shows that it's v65535, but if you install it or check it with ShowMiiWads, it will still be the original.
Just an update on this. I fixed this bug and got Joostin to confirm it's working properly. If anyone else urgently wants this fix I can put out a bug fix update, but I'm hoping to wait for more substantial changes before the next update. So unless a bugfix update is requested, this fix will be included in the next larger update (probably a week or so away if I have to guess).

JN_big3

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey X-Flak, why not put Unbricking options in ModMii? It will surely help people who have bricked their Wiis. Another is that they wouldn't have to Ask and post questions in the forum again and again.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Hey X-Flak, why not put Unbricking options in ModMii? It will surely help people who have bricked their Wiis. Another is that they wouldn't have to Ask and post questions in the forum again and again.
Because there are too many brick type scenarios and each one needs individual attention to prevent it from getting worse. Plus, many people who end up with brick were not following instructions or they were mindlessly doing things. So considering that fact, even if XFlak pulled off the huge task of covering every possible brick scenario, would the person all of a sudden start following directions? History has proven "NO".

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro