• No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

CaseyRobertson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Lucif3r - Thanks, I was using the wiihomebrew.me blog to softmod. I will start there and I'm sure I'll be back with more questions. Thanks again!!

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW, What ever happened to KneeWii's super hot profile pic?
Foez, man, it's WiiKnee, you weenie! :)
I think the mods must've turfed it...XFlak kept getting all hot and bothered by it.

I'm going to have to dredge it up or take new onez. I think I should put out a call for some fresh beta-models.

Reactions: 1 person

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm more than happy to be the judge, let me just kick the wife out of the house for an evening and I can judge all the Wii babes you can up :D

I'll even put on my finest stormtrooper armour, lol, jks

There. I think that new avatar will do, in the mean time.
I think the'll be a line up for beta testes (sp)
You can lead the way, X, with a brand new 'BodMii' app. jks

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

ModMii for Windows
Version 6.0.5 Released!
by XFlak

Download ModMii Installer Here

Download Spanish ModMii Installer Here
Spanish version not updated yet, still at v5.1.1

Download Italian ModMii Installer Here
Italian version not updated yet, still at v4.8.2

Download French ModMii Installer Here
French version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

Download Dutch ModMii Installer Here
Dutch version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

See first post for more info.
6.0.5 Changelog

• d2x v8-final is now bundled with ModMii instead of v7-final.
  • Updated ModMii Skin Launcher (by person66). It now includes a 10ms sleep in order to maintain 0 CPU usage even on older computers. This issue was not present for most users, but person66 personally experienced the old ModMiiSkin.exe process using 20%-40% of his CPU.
  • Updated ModMii's Syscheck Updater to consider homebrew channel installations of v1.0.0 (in addition to v1.1.0) as up to date when running off of IOS58. This change is to compensate for the latest version of syscheck which incorrectly labels HBC v1.1.0 and v1.0.0.
  • Now when updating ModMii using ModMii Skin the ModMiiSkin process is killed in order to permit updates to ModMiiSkin.exe itself (if applicable).
  • Fixed bug where ModMii Skin would not operate properly if the drive settings ended with a forward slash or back slash.
  • Fixed bug where the back button on the SD Card Drive selection page sometimes crashed ModMii Skin.
  • Other Minor Changes.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
About a final version of ModMii... maybe one day, lol, but not today. I've got to add support for the new d2x v9 build process for the next update to support davebaol in his v9 beta development

@[member='Luigi2011SM64'], I'm sure syscheck will eventually get updated, that's why ModMii considers v1.0.0 and v1.1.0 as up to date, so that when the next syscheck update is released ModMii should already handle it's output properly

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
About a final version of ModMii... maybe one day, lol, but not today. I've got to add support for the new d2x v9 build process for the next update to support davebaol in his v9 beta development

@[member='Luigi2011SM64'], I'm sure syscheck will eventually get updated, that's why ModMii considers v1.0.0 and v1.1.0 as up to date, so that when the next syscheck update is released ModMii should already handle it's output properly
The latest version of SysCheck reports my Wii as having v1.0.0 Is it just a problem with some Wii's?

Since the latest HBC introduced a few bugs, I imagine that there will be a new version soon enough. Let's hope it's not v1.1.0, lol.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The latest version of SysCheck reports my Wii as having v1.0.0 Is it just a problem with some Wii's?

Since the latest HBC introduced a few bugs, I imagine that there will be a new version soon enough. Let's hope it's not v1.1.0, lol.
Same here. It would be unusual if it applies to some Wii's, not all, but who knows? Maybe I could set up a poll and see the results.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
BTW, What ever happened to KneeWii's super hot profile pic?
Foez, man, it's WiiKnee, you weenie! :)
I think the mods must've turfed it...XFlak kept getting all hot and bothered by it.

I'm going to have to dredge it up or take new onez. I think I should put out a call for some fresh beta-models.
Wait, is that actually a pic of you??? It can't be. It looks nothing like your older avatar. Still fucking hot though.

They did the update to the site a few months back and everyone had to re-upload their avatar.

harls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow That might be why i can't reinstall the homebrew channel everytime i do i get dsi exception occurred all the time

zigriz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Quick question. I SoftModded my Wii some time back using letter bomb, I think I need to update to the latest IOS's due to a few hang issues in some games. Should I:

1) Just use ModMii to re install letter bomd, HBC etc.

2) Just install all of updated IOS WAD's Mod Mii creates using MMM?

Thanks......

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u can either resoftmod your wii as if it's the first time your doing it using ModMii's Wizard (or if u know what specifically needs updating you can say you're wii is already modded then choose what specifically u want to install\update)

or u can use ModMii's syscheck updater feature, it will analyse a syscheck log from your wii and download the files required to update just what is outdated (and build u a custom guide to follow)

zigriz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks. I've done a syscheck and ModMii has created a new set of IOS WAD'S and an update of MMM and Priloader. So I assume if I follow the guide and use MMM to update the WAD's I will be up to date?

I assume it's OK to install the system IOS's like IOS40,50,52,60,70,80 that ModWii had downloaded for me over what I already have?

If my random game crash's still occur (though I do wonder if it is because I'm using a non powered USB drive as it seems to be at the end of levels when video is loaded) I'll do a complete ModMii install. I just wanted to avoid the 'virgin' ModMii approach as I would then need to re add all my other channels and customisations.

Is my thinking sound or should I just bite the bullet and start with a fresh ModMii install?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
a full modmii re-softmod won't remove any of your other channels, and it's okay to install anything a modmii guide is telling you to install.

the only update ModMii will have you do that might have an impact on your usb-loading problem is installing a new cIOS. This will be a part of either the syscheck updater guide or the wizard guide, so what method you choose to update your softmod is up to you, both will work fine.

btw, you should make sure that if you have a sleep timer on your HDD that you turn it off. Western Digital and Seagate hard drives typically come with software on the harddrive that you can install and use to do that... if not, you can sometimes use "Ashampoo HDD Control" (it's free, google for it) to disable sleep timers on many other HDDs. I suspect this is the true cause of your problem.

zigriz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for that, first reference I've read. Found a 3 mins power setting on the drive - now disabled.

May not even have to make any updates though I think I'l update all of the IOS's and cIOS's that ModMii provided.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PiiXM51oBo