OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
lol, that's funny

but yea, I spoke to my cuz Violator about this, and he couldn't even play the fail.mp3 on his PC using Windows Media Player (works with VLC though)! Pretty funny since he was the one who made it for me :P Anyways, he's told me that the encoding for success and fail mp3's are the same, so he thinks the issue might be the mp3 is too short. I told him not to rush fixing this, to concentrate on his exams and stuff and fix it when he finds the time.

In the meantime, the fail mp3 should work fine for you if you install a decent codec pack like Shark007 (for windows 7) or klite. Even if you don't have this issue, those codec packs are sweet, it will allow you to load just about any kind of media file using windows media player when normally WMP would just fail.

Besides... even when this gets fixed I doubt you'll hear the fail sound all that often anyways :P

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, that's funny

but yea, I spoke to my cuz Violator about this, and he couldn't even play the fail.mp3 on his PC using Windows Media Player (works with VLC though)! Pretty funny since he was the one who made it for me :P Anyways, he's told me that the encoding for success and fail mp3's are the same, so he thinks the issue might be the mp3 is too short. I told him not to rush fixing this, to concentrate on his exams and stuff and fix it when he finds the time.

In the meantime, the fail mp3 should work fine for you if you install a decent codec pack like Shark007 (for windows 7) or klite. Even if you don't have this issue, those codec packs are sweet, it will allow you to load just about any kind of media file using windows media player when normally WMP would just fail.

Besides... even when this gets fixed I doubt you'll hear the fail sound all that often anyways :P
Sometimes the download does fail when saving files to a location with spaces in its name.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='XFlak']: OK XFlak, here goes:

I stored ModMii in H:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Modmii.exe

I use ModMii Classic.

I'm downloading the 51 files in the list to mod a 4.1U Wii with no theme or USB Loader.

I wanted to create a "Hack Pack" for myself, so I stored the files in a folder in my Desktop called "4.1U Starter Hack Pack".

The error happened first time only, to reproduce, you delete and recreate the folder.

The error says something about the asterik symbol (I can't remember what it was).

Is this enough info or do you need more (not asking rudely)?

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I replaced the success and fail sounds. I was going to have Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Game Over as the Fail sfx and then changed it to something more sinister Mortal Kombat 3 - Fatality Fanfare (when it goes "Finish Him/Her"), I might change it back (if it isn't too long). As for the success sfx I used Super Mario Bros. 2 (Super Mario All-Stars) - Victory Fanfare.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
it's all good, I even posted that the sounds could be customized so I expected that there would be a couple ppl interested in customizing them

just an FYI, be sure to backup any custom mp3's or bmp's, they will be overwritten by the official versions during ModMii updates

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It isn't a problem, especailly for me as I have automatic updates off and I only update (manually), when there is one available.

Edit: So... what's going on regarding ModMii at the moment then, XFlak?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@[member='Anon10W1z']

it works fine for me, u running XP right? I'll have to fire up vmware to see if it fails for me in XP, but working fine in Win7

@LWares87,
mainly rewriting how ModMii builds d2x cIOSs so it's compatible with versions 9, I'm currently collaborating with davebaol and person66 about it (thx guys!). I also wrote another very very little script I'm gonna bundle with the next modmii update to help ppl set up their sd card for something new (new to ModMii at least). Other than that, I'm concentrating on studying for the next couple months, but I wanted to make sure d2x v9+ beta's will be supported while I'm busy studying. After my exam, I want to... first party my ass off, then learn some real programming and, oh I dunno, make ModMii4Skin or some other hello world app. But mainly I just want to grow beyond batch files. But when\if new shit gets released in the Wii scene, I'll always be around to put out an update to support it. So basically as long as the wii scene lives, ModMii will continue to be updated.

Reactions: 1 person

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
oh I dunno, make ModMii4Skin or some other hello world app.
HA!!! Finally. Etched into history, XFlak publicly announces the name of the next project.

Are we going back to this?
2ywg406.jpg

ir3yvp.jpg

this Gui version is still not functional (doesn't download anything yet) but has much of the logic worked out for the download wizard (which is the hardest part).
:D

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok quick question if my friend is on 4.3 is there any way to use letterbomb with out online? cause i'm not sure if his wii has been online for a mac adress so let me know. i guess...

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The mac address is hard coded. You don't need to have your wii online to get it. Just follow the videos that you see when you run modmii.

shoot... i'll have to go to my other friends house to get it... oh well i looked at the video and in order to get letter bomb you need a internet connecting... (i think...) *leaves the net to find out*

yep i was right i need to have my pc online so i do have to go to my friends house... ah well i'll see what version he's on...

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Oh yes, YOUR pc needs to have online. You didn't make that clear and it sounded like you were asking about the wii needing online access. But if you haven't downloaded everything with modmii before and have it all in the temp folder then how is modmii going to download everything it needs to make it so you can hack a wii.

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah well some times i don't say things good enough when there's things on my mind. so i'll have to find out Friday thanks for the info through.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Just used this incredibly easy to use app to do my cousins Wii. Thanks very much for the effort you've put it into it. The app was straightforward and worked like a charm. Much appreciated. :)

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6v3cT3b59A&t=12s