• No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak and Deadlyfoez, man big +1 on your new site. Finally checked it out, I'm loving the style and the credits page with dev of the week and links to the relevant pages associated with programs they created, freaking loving it guys. Awesome job!

Reactions: 1 person

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I suppose, I'd have to delete HBC 1.0.8 then.

Would using the HackMii installer be the best way or should I use Any Title Deleter MOD?
Just uninstall it with hackmii v0.7 and re-install it. You might not need to uninstall it to begin with, but it will only take a few extra seconds.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's a good alternative. It supports homebrew on sd and on usb under neek.
HBC will only show homebrew on the sd card under uneek and uneek2o.

uneek is the original project from crediar. It can only handle a nand on the root of your drive.
uneek2o is the version Overjoy and I created when Crediar abandonned his neek project.
It can handle multiple nands in a subfolder of the root.
It's di can launch game backup's in wbfs format,while crediar's di needs to have them fst extracted.
So, it uses the same format usb loaders are using.
uneek2o also has buildin options to ease usb acces for homebrew programs.

Crediar revived his neek afterwards. He added the option to extract disks directly in the fst format he uses in his di.
Basically, neek2o was based upon neek rev. 168. Some improvements from neek, added since rev. 168, like the CODMW3 download are implemented in neek2o as well.

An emulated nand can be used for neek and neek2o.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just uninstall it with hackmii v0.7 and re-install it. You might not need to uninstall it to begin with, but it will only take a few extra seconds.
HBC 1.0.7 can't be extracted as it doesn't have a Title ID which can be recognised by ShowMiiWads or Wad Creator.

I'm going to try HBC 1.0.6 instead, as that was the last one before the revamp and it had "JODI" as it's Title ID.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
HBC 1.0.7 can't be extracted as it doesn't have a Title ID which can be recognised by ShowMiiWads or Wad Creator.

I'm going to try HBC 1.0.6 instead, as that was the last one before the revamp and it had "JODI" as it's Title ID.
I used Wii Mod to do it. The title ID is AF1BF516

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've already installed HBC 1.0.6, I might as well reinstall HBC 1.0.8 or 1.0.7 (whatever works best).

I've been trying to get this right since yesterday and hopefully, I should get it working tonight (if possible).

Edit: XFlak, have you got a mirror link for that tool? As I'm getting a timed out error on both download links from that opening post.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I managed to find the links for all of the tools.

To be honest, I could of done with these tools quite a while back. when I was trying to fix someone's wii console. At least, I've got what I'm after at last. Thanks. :)

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installation problem:
I'm having problems installing 6.0.1. I downloaded 'ModMii Installer.exe' and after telling it where to install (does this matter) I quickly get an error message that says "Windows cannot find 'ModMii.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

I don't understand this, since I'm opening ModMii.exe to begin with. Can anybody provide some insight?

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi XFlak, I know this is a stupid question but I know many of us here know the answer and I need confirmation. I'm using ohneswanzenegger, and I'm going to format a nand copy of my girlfriends brother's wii, but I want to reinstall all the save files on the original nand, what would be the best way to do a batch install of all the save files?

And which is the folder in the nand that holds all the save files?

fenerliyim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

Back in 2009 i got my sister a Wii and had it hardmodded with a WiiKey2, but she hasnt used it pretty much since then because all the new games always want me to update my wii, and I was told not to have my wii updated or it will become unusable. And I really never got around to looking for a way around.

Long story short I bought her Dance Dance Revolution for her birthday and it says we need to update. What should I do?

Right now my Wii is at firmware 4.1U. Any help would be much appreciated.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@[member='MassiveRican'],
I'd use savegamemanager gx, u can do a batch extract of all the game saves. But in order to install them again later the game needs to have been played at least once.

@[member='fenerliyim'],
softmod your wii using modmii as if it was never modified before, ie. when it asks if this is the first time your modding your wii, say yes. Part of the softmod process will be to enable system menu hacks (via priiloader) like block updates. This will allow u to play your original discs without being prompted to update.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
@[member='MassiveRican'],
I'd use savegamemanager gx, u can do a batch extract of all the game saves. But in order to install them again later the game needs to have been played at least once.
Hmm, so it seems there's no way to batch re-install all the save-games since on a formatted Wii NAND, you would need to have at least played the game once to re-install the game. Thanks for the suggestion as I've used savegame-manager-gx for batch extracting before.

So on a dumped NAND which is the folder that holds the savegames again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Why does Psi have PMS?