OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@Wever,
there is virtually no risk to updating your boot2 version. The only risk is losing power during the operation, but it's a quick installation IIRC. What can make updating boot2 dangerous is when people don't realize that it's overwritten\uninstalled bootmii@boot2 and they do no reinstall it before attempting some risky business. So basically, if your wii has bootmii@boot2, and then u update your boot2 version, you should immediately reinstall bootmii@boot2.

Anyways, to go about this just download the version of dop-mii available on ModMii's download page 2. Launch it on your Wii, and I can't remember exactly what the menu item is called but there will be something listed there to update your boot2 version to boot2v4 (you might need to select an advanced menu or something before u are able to see it). But basically just use dop-mii to update your boot2 to v4, it will get you to confirm by pressing an odd button combination. And that's it, you should now be running on boot2v4. Make sure to reinstall bootmii@boot2 (if applicable) and now if you ever accidentally do an official nintendo update, your bootmii@boot2 will survive the update.

TamasNehr

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi XFlak!

First of all thank for your great tool.
I have a problem with the result.
I choose the following config:

Abstinence Wizard

* Current System Menu is 4.3E

* Build neek2o: SNEEK+DI Rev75
* neek2o Enabled (can be changed in options)
* SD Access Disabled (can be changed in options)

* Build a 4.3E Emulated NAND
* setting.txt created using serial #: LEH133789940
* Install Post Loader Channel
* Install cIOS249 rev14
* Install Priiloader

* Install the Photo Channel
* Install the Internet Channel
* Install the Weather Channel
* Install the News Channel
* Install the Mii Channel
* Install the Shopping Channel
* Install the Wii Speak Channel
When I do the letterbomb, it seems to work fine, everithyng happens then on the video, but after the Wii stuck at Casper with the following screen:

casper v0.2
by giantpume
Jan 18 2012 04:28:16

If you paid money for this program, you were scammed

Path: "sd:/bootmii_ios.bin"
IOS flags 254 v65281
What should I do to make it work?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
i'm pretty sure neek2o's version of sneek+di is currently broken.

disable the build neek2o option (so it will build the traditional neek) and try again

cheers

edit:
either that or use neek2o with uneek+di instead of sneek+di

edit2:
it's nice to see someone is using the abstinence wizard btw, you're the first person I've had ask any questions about or even indicate that they've tried it (other than myself and beta testers that is)

TamasNehr

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
i'm pretty sure neek2o's version of sneek+di is currently broken.

disable the build neek2o option (so it will build the traditional neek) and try again

cheers

edit:
either that or use neek2o with uneek+di instead of sneek+di

edit2:
it's nice to see someone is using the abstinence wizard btw, you're the first person I've had ask any questions about or even indicate that they've tried it (other than myself and beta testers that is)
neek doesn't work.
uneek+DI also doesn't work.

Always stuck at casper.

TamasNehr

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
It's a virgin Wii. My friend buy it for Christmas and I don't want to loose warranty. That is why I use Abstinence wizard.

Last time I used uneek+DI.

The folder structure is the following on the sd card:
83726301.png

The folder structure on the USB:
usbn.png

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@[member='TamasNehr'],
I'm not sure what the issue is exactly. I suspect maybe neek doesn't like your sd card... but it's weird that it is able to launch casper but not be redirected to neek. When it hangs, does it hang on a blackscreen or on the casper screen? If it hangs on the casper screen, perhaps you should report your issue in the casper thread. If it hangs on a blackscreen, have u waited 10 minutes on the blackscreen? The first boot of a clean emulated nand could take up to 10 minutes and up to 2 boot attempts before actually loading the emulated system menu.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
@Anyone who knows ;)

I want to make a new "clean" NAND to use for my WiiWare games but I still want my old savegames and settings from my old nand for this. What files do I need to copy from my old nand to my new to keep that. (Settings like Controller sync,wifi,video mode etc)

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
not sure if u can just copy and paste your settings from one nand to another, but you can use krafter's nand gamesave restorer to transfer saves between emulated NANDs. There's another app that can do the same thing and I think it's got a few extra features but I can't remember the name of the app right now. Also, savegamemanager gx is able to backup games to\from real\emu nand.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
not sure if u can just copy and paste your settings from one nand to another, but you can use krafter's nand gamesave restorer to transfer saves between emulated NANDs. There's another app that can do the same thing and I think it's got a few extra features but I can't remember the name of the app right now. Also, savegamemanager gx is able to backup games to\from real\emu nand.
Thanks for the quick info on the savegames issue. But in other words I have to atleast run the "new" nand though sneek once and setup everythink again.
One more quick, do you know if for example PostLoader/Mighty Channels use the settings from my real nand when running a WiiWare or if it uses the emulated nands settings? (The savegames in on the emulated nand, that I know).

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
postloader can be run from the real nand and the emunand. If run from real nand, game saves are stored on the real nand and vice versa for emunand.

I'm not sure about mightychannels
hmm.. okay, I always tought that the savegames were on the emu nand aswell, I've never seen them on the system menu savegame settings and I have been running wiiware games with PostLoader, are you 100% sure?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I'm not 100% sure cuz I don't think I've even launched postloader personally yet, lol. I need to make time to play with all these new toys :P

I think postloader is able to launch titles saved to the real nand and also saved from the emunand. I think that the game save will be stored wherever the game itself is stored. ie, if the title is saved to real nand, the savegame should be too.

You'll probably get a more confident answer from stfour if you ask in the postloader thread.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TamasNehr
try using casper and the original bootmii files. this way you can try to narrow down which program is hanging. if it works with these files, then we can pass the blame on to either sneek or the way you have yours set up.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@[member='TamasNehr']

are you sure your harddisk and sd card are fat32 formatted with a 32KB (or smaller) cluster size?

The file structure on usb and sd looks fine, but it looks like neek2o never got launched. Some of the first things it does is creating a sneekcache folder
in nands/pl_eu and creating a nandcfg.bin file in the sneek folder. If it deploys the nand, it will create some additional folders in the nands/pl_eu folder.

It could be a compatibility issue with your harddisk as well. You could try a sneek2o only setup (without di). That one works without harddisk. You can use the same nands folder and subfolders, but you will need it on the sd card. In the sd card sneek folder, you should only leave a kernel.bin. It's not the same as with your current setup. So, make sure you don't have a di.bin in there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY