• No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

mayu29

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Well, what do you you think XFlak, there will be a new bannerbomb and a new hackmii for 4.3? I ask because the time passes and we have no word about them.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
AFAIK, the hackmii installer is done, but Team Twiizers is working to obfuscate their exploits so it will be harder for nintendo to patch/prevent. Bannerbomb may be fully patched (RIP BB
frown.gif
), so unless something else comes along to replace it, users may need to rely on IndianaPwns and SmashStack. I think IndianaPwns is an easy fix for ninty to block, so in the end SmashStack may be the only one they can't EVER patch... and unfortunately, SmashStack only works on USA wii's ATM... hopefully someone ports it to Euro and Jap versions of the game soon. I wish I could tell u more, but really, I'm not 'in the loop' on these matters.
Team Twiizers said:
We’re currently working on new exploits and a new release of the HackMii installer but we’ll spend some more time to obfuscate our exploits this time to make it harder for ninty to find and fix them. It might therefore take some more time until our next release.

SOURCE

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
@ XFlak: Many thanks for all you've done -
It DOES seem a bit weird after you explaining about WiiMC - why it didn't work with DVD's until I reinstalled the ios202. Still I got it working in the end
wink.gif

The only problem I think MIGHT'VE contributed to it was when I tried to reinstall the HBC,DVDx and BootMii on the existing pre-softmod Wii
Originally I could'nt get bootMii to (re)installl as either Boot2 or IOS (kept coming up with 'Failed [-1]') - even after reformatting the SD card. It eventually installed after I swapped the SD card I was using (which was a SDHC incidentally - my mistake) for a 'standard' SD card
The info about 'random crashes' is something useful to known for a Newbie like me - I HATE to see that cropping up & think somehow I've bricked the system, but now I know it's expected - I won't have to worry as much

Thanks also for clearing up the BCA info - glad it's not something I need to worry about

-------
Had a quick look at some of those WAD/Channel loaders some of which seem interesting
but seems like none been made to allow me access to my USB HD backups - so it looks as though I'm gonna have to have a look at that 'customize Mii' program & make my own (eventually), but I'm gonna start that when I get myself a bigger USB HDD (only got a small 80Gb for 'tryout' ATM - good enough for most of my game collection - but not enough for Music/Movies etc)

Once again a big THANK YOU for all your help
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just used NUSAD to mod yet another wii. It was easier the 3rd time! Awesome work xflak! To all u noobs that get to use this instead of how it was done back a few years, u guys are so lucky to have xflaks tools!

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
CannonFoddr said:
Had a quick look at some of those WAD/Channel loaders some of which seem interesting
but seems like none been made to allow me access to my USB HD backups
It sounds like u want to make forwarder channels that will start a specific wii game saved your hard drive (ie. New Super Mario Bros Wii), if this is the case, u want to use CRAP to make the channels. It is VERY easy, just point it at the game on your drive, pick a loader to use, and click start (or w/e). Then it will build the wad for u. Note that this files cannot be shared, as it contains copyright code from the game itself. This is why u have to make them yourself using a program like CRAP.

@bugaveli, thx for the kind words! Honestly, I want everyone to be able to mod their Wii's this easily! When there are people charging $100 for a bootmii install, something isn't right. In my view, the best way to put those assholes out of business, is making modding a Wii easy enough for ANYBODY to do!

Zeer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your guide says to use MMM; what's the difference between it and DOP-Mii? MMM seems to be a lot more noob friendly... almost TOO noob friendly! Thanks.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
XFlak said:
CannonFoddr said:
but seems like none been made to allow me access to my USB HD backups
It sounds like u want to make forwarder channels that will start a specific wii game saved your hard drive (ie. New Super Mario Bros Wii), if this is the case, u want to use CRAP to make the channels.
Once again many thanks for the info - yep that's exactly what I wanted
I've now got most of my Game collection all on the first Wii Channel screen (which isn't many
laugh.gif
) - with the Official Nintendo channels all moved to the 'far-right'

All I need to do now is get a bigger USB HDD drive - so that I can stick Photos,music & Movies on now

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, as my Wii is coming in five days... I'm not too thrilled to read like 30 pages. Does this install teh HBC or is that only Hackmii? I'm so confused trying to get my mind around some of these terms
unsure.gif

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
this installs the HBC channel by using the hackmii installer

when u get your wii, check out the SM version # on it, and run the download wizard and answer the questions, then follow the custom generated guide (really, that's all u need to know)

Thank you sir, just checking!
biggrin.gif
And nice work! Don't worry, I'll thank you again if it works!
biggrin.gif

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh oops, typo!
biggrin.gif
I'll come back to this page in what, five days when it arrives? DAMMIT FIVE DAYS IS TOO LONG!

Messiahlad

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XFlak said:
[I'm assuming u mean cIOS38 (ie. slot 249) not the actual IOS38, as IOS38 isn't used in any usb-loaders

the NUSAD Download wizard will install cIOS249rev19 with base 57 (for faster usb loading), configurable usb loader works fine with it, but usb loader gx can be a little buggy, and u may be using an older version that doesn't support base 57 (base 38 was the historical 'norm')

yeah base 38 and its definately an older GX loader. it was one that always worked well for me, where newer one were a bit "glitchy"

any way this would have to be one of the fastest mods I've done.

L05t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok XFlak,
Heres what happened over the weekend. With the new SD card made I went and reinstalled all the WADS again. That went perfect. I then opened up Priiloader and bam, the hacks work now so I only changed the no update one. I then stuck in the New Super Mario Galaxy 2 DVD and it started. I played for a while and the turned off my wii. All seemed good right. Wrong. This morning my kids called me and said "Daddy what did you do? Now none of your backups work anymore. Only Super mario Galaxy 2." I said what, you gotta be kidding.

So when I get home I am going to check it. If this is the case I am going to reinstall the backup I made with bootMii. (I made that just incase something went wrong like the instructions said)

I dont get this at all. How can the newest game I DL'ed work now? (Not before the upgrade)
And all the games that worked fine before the update,upgrade, Not work now?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
L05t said:
Ok XFlak,
Heres what happened over the weekend. With the new SD card made I went and reinstalled all the WADS again. That went perfect. I then opened up Priiloader and bam, the hacks work now so I only changed the no update one. I then stuck in the New Super Mario Galaxy 2 DVD and it started. I played for a while and the turned off my wii. All seemed good right. Wrong. This morning my kids called me and said "Daddy what did you do? Now none of your backups work anymore. Only Super mario Galaxy 2." I said what, you gotta be kidding.

So when I get home I am going to check it. If this is the case I am going to reinstall the backup I made with bootMii. (I made that just incase something went wrong like the instructions said)

I dont get this at all. How can the newest game I DL'ed work now? (Not before the upgrade)
And all the games that worked fine before the update,upgrade, Not work now?
First off, I don't condone piracy, u can do whatever you want and I'm not going to judge you, but I don't want to hear things like "the newest game I downloaded" okay? (it makes me feel guilty for helping you) That goes to everyone asking for help, so don't take it personally

How are you playing your backup discs? Are you using NeoGamma? Or are u trying to use DarkCorp/cIOSCorp to play your backup discs from the disc channel? Since Neogamma should be working fine if u did everything properly, I have to assume u are trying to play from the disc channel (as updating your IOSs using NUSAD overwrites DarkCorp, however this can be disabled in the options). If you want to play backup discs from the disc channel, download and install darkcorp (light or full version should work). Or, what would be even easier, is check out my "top channels" thread (advertised at the bottom of your NUSAD custom generated guide), and install the Neogamma Autoboot channel (which will autoboot backup discs using cIOS249).

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Some more quick questions from this newbie.

I did a NAND backup using BootMii when I set used this to softmod the Wii (as per the instruction the auto guide gave me)

I then added channels of my backup games (on the USB HDD) using 'Crap' as you suggested but...

Should I make another NAND backup using BootMii ??
What exactly is a NAND backup ??
Does the NAND backup only include the Wii softmodded firmware & not the Channels - or does it save everything including the channels ??

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
The NAND backup includes EVERYTHING on your Wii (excluding boot2)... including channels, game saves, stats, etc. Think of it as something like a system restore for Windows. Making a nand backup is like making a restore point, then restoring that nand backup is like restoring your wii to exactly how it was when you made that specific backup/restore point.

There is no such thing as having too many nand backups. Feel free to make another one. And if anything ever goes wrong, u can restore the latest nand backup you have (so you won't have to reinstall all those "crappy" channels, lol). But still hold onto the first nand backup u made, because it is the backup you have that is the closest to being a virgin (so your most valuable backup).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LZ_NvaV5HGE?si=p4H94YGObqOeX23X this brought me joy +2