Votes: 63 6.2%
  • No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, it's just i saw you tell someone to just choose virgin Wii, even though his wasn't..
I also want to update from 3.2 to latest.. or is there a better system menu than latest?

peterp13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
XFlak said:
@peter, make sure u r using an SD card, not SDHC. Also make sure u don't have any other stages saved

@sledge, thats what the wizard is for. Run the wizard to update the HBC and bootmii, priiloader, cIOSs and anything else u may want.

Hello, XFlak.

FYI, I did use a SDHX at the beginning then got that error, then I realized and changed to use a SD card, but still the same error. I think I shouldn't have any safed stages cause I haven't created any, plus even if I created it will be in the old SD card not the wii memory, right?

So I wonder is it possible that my first attemp with SDHC card screwed sth up, even though I doubt it cause it tells me "no save file" then freeze right after selecting the "stage builder".

Thanks

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@peter, why don't u double check, by going to the wii settings and make sure it is a USA (U) Wii. But if USA brawl is even showing up in the disc channel, then it must be USA.

Start brawl without an SD in the wii, make sure to delete any custom stages (yes they can be saved to the wii's internal memory)

QUOTE said:
SMASH STACK EXPLOIT

REQUIREMENTS: * US version of Super Smash Brothers Brawl (RSBE)
* A non-SDHC card since game doesn't support SDHC cards

Insert the Super Smash Brothers Brawl Game.

You have to delete all the custom stages you have created before running this hack (if applicable),
otherwise be prepared for annoying harmless crashes

Then insert your SD Card, start the game and go to the stage builder,
it should launch the boot.elf/dol file saved on the root of your SD card.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
NUS Auto Downloader for Windows
Version 4.2.2 RELEASED

NUSAD 4.2.2 Changelog
  • Cheat Code Downloader now gets cheats for ALL consoles (not only Wii console games).
    In NUSAD's options you can select which consoles to download cheats for.
    You can also choose where to save cheats:
    1) to txtcodes folder, 2) to location expected by Accio Hacks, or 3) to both.
  • Improved download verification for Auto-Updating Downloads. These downloads will
    now be verified by checking versions numbers (found in meta.xml) are up to date.
    Version information is also reported in the download logs.
  • Added\Updated the following files to the Download Database:
    • Locked apps Folder for HBC (Categorii). Just move apps you want to lock to
      the 'apps_locked' foler, then access 'Locked Apps' folder in your HBC.
      Default password is "UDLRAB" on wiimote, change it by editing its meta.xml)
    • Accio Hacks (replaced Cheat Manager v0.3)
    • WiiXplorer (Auto-Updating Download)
    • SaveGame Manager GX (Auto-Updating Download)
    • Removed Ocarina App (NeoGamma is better)
  • Minor changes to guide.
Here's a snapshot of the new Cheat Code Options Page
11adhmh.jpg

edit: btw, I ended up finishing this Friday, but I ended up doing some AHBPROT beta testing that ended up overwriting all my data on my HDD... oh well, I only now managed to recover 85% of my files, so I finally got around to putting out this update

@TJ, I'll add your feature request in the next update

ccc123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I have a question.

I am on Wii 3.2U and WiikeyV1 with 1.99 update.

As you can probably tell, I'm trying to run NSMB and I get the dreaded error screen. I have blocked all updates so I'm assuming that I am missing IOS53.

In another place, I was recommended to use HBC and then Bootmii (to backup my system) and then to use Wad Manager (which I can install as a channel on my Wii) to install all the necessary IOS's.

I have been directed to this program and noticed that IOS53 is v5446. I was recommended to use v5406. Will there be any differences or is there a key difference between the two versions that will adversely affect my Wii?

Thanks.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
xflak40 said:
Download NUS Auto Downloader for Windows v4.2.1 Here

DO NOT MIRROR MY DOWNLOAD LINKS. INSTEAD PLEASE LINK TO EITHER THIS PAGE OR MY DOWNLOAD LINK DIRECTLY (http://ecc7d258.seriousfiles.com)

If you are having problem's downloading using the above link, try using this Direct Download Link

Try reading the whole thread buddy!
biggrin.gif

edit: ps, the direct download link I provide here, will not change and will ALWAYS download the most recent release

ccc123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
only difference is that if u update ALL your IOSs to their latest versions (not just the one IOS u are talking about), the OLDER HBC cannot be installed, but who cares, the latest HBC intalls fine.

so for all intents and purposes, there is no difference

just to clear up my understand as its probably the last question.

If I ONLY update IOS's for games (not system related stuff), I should be okay with any version?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
correct, there is no real functional difference between the IOSs from the 4.3 update and the 4.2 update.

Just to reiterate the ONLY difference... if u have ALL active IOSs installed at their most recent post-4.3 versions, the hackmii installer v0.6 and below will NOT be able to run. However, the hackmii installer v0.7 and above will run regardless if u have the most recent versions of IOSs installed... since this is what every1 should be using by now... it really makes no difference at all

AGENT209T

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question
The other day I finally took the "Plunge" and Modded my Wii and Decided this program was best for me I was on 4.3u, Followed the instructions like asked no problems along the way. Now I used the v4.2.1 when i did it and just came here and noticed the update v4.2.2 since this is a constant evolving process should I go ahead and do the process over in favor of the new update or don't fix what isn't broken Thoughts? and Thanks again for the Wonderful Program.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AGENT209T said:
Question
The other day I finally took the "Plunge" and Modded my Wii and Decided this program was best for me I was on 4.3u, Followed the instructions like asked no problems along the way. Now I used the v4.2.1 when i did it and just came here and noticed the update v4.2.2 since this is a constant evolving process should I go ahead and do the process over in favor of the new update or don't fix what isn't broken Thoughts? and Thanks again for the Wonderful Program.
No need to do that, you should be good to go.

leemufc

Trophies
XP
Country
i just wanna say this is the best wii app out there
i had so many problems modding a wii with 4.3 fw until i got this
many many thanks
bow.gif

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hi everyone. I'm new at these forums but not so much to the Wii modding scene. I was wondering if someone could help me with some questions I have regarding USB loaders and some particular games. For instance. I've been trying to play 007: Quantum of solace for a while now and since level 1 I encountered some glitches and bugs which didn't really affected gameplay so much so I just didn't care (like sound loops, missing textures etc).
Now, all of the sudden (and after a complete crash/freeze of the game during a cutscene) I can't keep playing the game, as soon as I load it the cutscene begins and after 5 seconds goes to a black screen and all I have left to do is to manually power off the wii.
Now, I've been reading that 007: QoS is one of "those games" that give a hard time to some people. What is causing these problems? Is it the loader? (I'm currently using USB Loader GX through a forwarder channel). Is it the cIOS? IOS? The hacking method?)
Should I try to re-rip the game (from my ow personal collection) and see if that helps? Should I try a different USB loader? Are devs working on compatibility issues or it is what it is, no more no less...
Any help would be greatly appreciated and if this isn't the right topic to post this question (I think it may be since I modded my Wii with xFlacs NUSAD, and probably the compatibility issues are reported and documented making him the best choice to solve my doubts) please mod(s) feel free to move it to its correspondent thread.
Thanks again to everyone and ESPECIALLY xFlac for creating such a f#$%ing GREAT tool!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PiiXM51oBo