Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

sparhawk110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to propose something and get your opinion. I'd like anyone to chime in, but I'm most concerned with what XFlak thinks about this.

This is simple. I am wondering if the name you are using for your program NUS Auto Downloader for Windows is possibly doing your software a disservice. What I'm getting at is that I know now that you have been working on this for quite some time, but until I actually tried this, and/or saw the screenshots of the big update you did recently, I always thought this program was nothing more than a "very useful" way to download IOS updates for whatever use someone might need. Several guides on the net reference your stuff in a way that suggests it is only that. As in, "Use my Mod guide, my way is best,......Step 3a - use NUSAD to get IOS*** and then continue to Step 3b of my guide". When in fact NUSAD is SO MUCH MORE! NUSAD is its own guide, its own method, its own (dont get a big head XFlak) brilliant way of fully modding a Wii in what I think is the most intuitive, safe, and brick risk free method of any guide on the web. Using it as it's name implies, as only a downloader is cheating yourself out of best modding experience out there. This thing is yours of course, and you can name it whatever you like, but my opinion is you rename it to something more fitting what it is actually capable of. I dont think its my place to suggest a name at this point, but if you agree and want some suggestions I'm sure some of us could come up with something.

What do you think.

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
sparhawk110 said:
I'd like to propose something and get your opinion. I'd like anyone to chime in, but I'm most concerned with what XFlak thinks about this.

This is simple. I am wondering if the name you are using for your program NUS Auto Downloader for Windows is possibly doing your software a disservice. What I'm getting at is that I know now that you have been working on this for quite some time, but until I actually tried this, and/or saw the screenshots of the big update you did recently, I always thought this program was nothing more than a "very useful" way to download IOS updates for whatever use someone might need. Several guides on the net reference your stuff in a way that suggests it is only that. As in, "Use my Mod guide, my way is best,......Step 3a - use NUSAD to get IOS*** and then continue to Step 3b of my guide". When in fact NUSAD is SO MUCH MORE! NUSAD is its own guide, its own method, its own (dont get a big head XFlak) brilliant way of fully modding a Wii in what I think is the most intuitive, safe, and brick risk free method of any guide on the web. Using it as it's name implies, as only a downloader is cheating yourself out of best modding experience out there. This thing is yours of course, and you can name it whatever you like, but my opinion is you rename it to something more fitting what it is actually capable of. I dont think its my place to suggest a name at this point, but if you agree and want some suggestions I'm sure some of us could come up with something.

What do you think.

I agree. I've been following the progress of NUSAD for a long time, and used it a couple of nights ago when I eventually decided to update to 4.1 just for the hell of it (been quite happy on 3.2 for the last couple of years). Everything went smoothly, except for a slight glitch with Priiloader, but that's not XFlak's fault.

johnnyboy147

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks works great went from v4.2 to v4.1 no problems as yet thanks again
yaywii.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
sparhawk110 said:
NUSAD is its own guide, its own method, its own (dont get a big head XFlak) brilliant way of fully modding a Wii in what I think is the most intuitive, safe, and brick risk free method of any guide on the web.
My head is swelling! lol
Seriously, I couldn't agree with u more, and I love that I wasn't the first person to say it
biggrin.gif

Re the name change... I think maybe in v4.2.3 I may change the name (I don't want to change it for v4.2.2 because its already finished), there was actually a lot of talk about a new name for NUSAD like 20 pages back in this thread. I think the best one I've heard so far (I believe it was suggested by DeadlyFoez) was "ModMii".

If anyone else has any other suggestions for a new name for NUS Auto Downloader, I would love to hear them.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
What a f&)kin awesome app mate compiled a new nand and sneek + di in under 5 minutes and the best part was it worked wam bam thank you mam all setup in under 15 minutes and i was playin again
keep up the good work

sparhawk110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
sparhawk110 said:
NUSAD is its own guide, its own method, its own (dont get a big head XFlak) brilliant way of fully modding a Wii in what I think is the most intuitive, safe, and brick risk free method of any guide on the web.
My head is swelling! lol

Re the name change... I think maybe in v4.2.3 I may change the name (I don't want to change it for v4.2.2 because its already finished), there was actually a lot of talk about a new name for NUSAD like 20 pages back in this thread. I think the best one I've heard so far (I believe it was suggested by DeadlyFoez) was "ModMii".

Needs something that implies its ability to Mod any Version any SysMenu, etc. Going with the ModMii theme, im thinking more on the lines of

ModMii4All

lekko

Trophies
XP
Country
My Wii is the 4.2J and Japanese.

1. I want to change from Japanese to Engligh. NUS Auto Downloader can make?????

2. I want to play game from HDD. NUS auto Downloader can make????

If my language is wrong, I'm so sorry.

Thank you very much.

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country
1) No (at least not yet)
2) Yes

I don't think there's much reason to change the Wii's region these days.
You can run games/Wiiware from all regions using the right software.

lekko

Trophies
XP
Country
ssjkakaroto said:
1) No (at least not yet)
2) Yes

Thank you very much for your suggestion.
I don't want to change Wii's region but I want to have English language in my Wii.
Can work it??????

sparhawk110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just remodded my own 4.1u to update all my IOS's and homebrew programs using NUSAD. Was very easy, no problems no worries. Just pulled what I needed from the files the wizard downloaded for me, and reinstalled HackMii, ran some wands, and Im all set. Couldnt be easier. Thanks again for the great app.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
lekko said:
ssjkakaroto said:
1) No (at least not yet)
2) Yes

Thank you very much for your suggestion.
I don't want to change Wii's region but I want to have English language in my Wii.
Can work it??????
to region change, u need to use THIS

if u don't know what u are doing, it is very possible to brick when doing a region change. Which is why, until an app like MMM makes it even easier to do, I don't plan on having NUSAD capable of region changing wii's

However, after u successfully region changing your wii, NUSAD can be used on that Wii (NUSAD supports all wii's, region changed or not, it just doesn't help people perform region changes)

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country
I think he just wants english text on the System Menu? Is that correct lekko? IIRC there's a option for that in the settings.

But if you want to run US games, use a loader (like Neogamma or Configurable USB loader) to load them.
Or if you want to run US Wiiware, make the wad's region-free using wwpacker, then you'll be able to install them on your Japanese System menu.

peterp13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Help.

I was trying to softmod my black wii 4.3U using the smash stack of this guide. But when I select "vault" then "stage builder", it pops up the error "There is no save file. Unable to load or save data". So I can't continue.

I am using a 2G SD card with the extracted 43mod and the card was not locked.

Please help.

Thanks,
Peter

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just want to say a big THANK YOU to XFlak for his program. Just softmodded my nephews 4.1U Wii and everything worked perfectly with absolutely no errors, problems, or confusion. You are a great asset to this community.

peterp13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
XFlak said:
peterp13 said:
I am using a 2G SD card with the extracted 43mod and the card was not locked.
are u referring to the files from the other stickied guide?

Hi, XFlak.

I just tried using your guide here, and the same thing happen, the error "no save file" shows, then freeze.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey XFlak.
I have a Wii with WiiKey, with BootMii installed to Boot2? And with a few other mods to menu, HBC etc.
What's the best way to use this to update to latest Menu etc?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Honestly a great Eminem song.