Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
Also Modmii gave the multimod manager (?). In it there is an option to get wii's password/pins. Anybody knows a stand alone app for that?
No, but why would you even bother with a stand alone app when it is already included in MMM?

Thank you JoostinOnline. Since you asked, I do not like MMM look; I have a cheat sheet for modding wiis and having one like that would help. Low priority. Thanks again.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
nunavat2010 said:
JoostinOnline said:
Also Modmii gave the multimod manager (?). In it there is an option to get wii's password/pins. Anybody knows a stand alone app for that?
No, but why would you even bother with a stand alone app when it is already included in MMM?

Thank you JoostinOnline. Since you asked, I do not like MMM look; I have a cheat sheet for modding wiis and having one like that would help. Low priority. Thanks again.
Lol, it's no good because it doesn't have eye candy? Talk about picky.

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
Lol, it's no good because it doesn't have eye candy? Talk about picky.
I like wadmanager1.7 it has nice music. I have "Yet another wad manager"; I don't like that either it over scans. Like I said before ModMii is excellent but I am hacking friends wii's for fun (free of charge of course), I do not need detail instructions every time. I have everything in a SD card. My approach first upgrade to 4.3U(which you don't endorse). Anyway, I am writing too much for a sentence that may have been sarcastic.

I would like to find a stand alone app that would give info about wii (passwords/pins/mac or whatever) only not everything in one app. Maybe this thread is not the right place.

Thanks for reading my nonsense.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
FYI, I found a couple bugs in ModMii v4.7.0, I'll list them below so that everyone knows which bugs I am aware of:
1) URL forwarders: the first four characters of the URL are not used. For example, if you enter "www.hotmail.com" it will launch "hotmail.com" (in this scenario the forwarder would work anyways). However, if you enter "hotmail.com" it will launch "ail.com". A temporary fix is to include 4 spaces before the URL you enter.
2) Emulated nands are not being built with system menu themes (ie. dark wii red). This isn't a huge bug because the built nand will still work, it just won't have a custom theme.
3) When building an uneek + an emulated nand w/ switch2uneek, the bootmii folder on the sd card should be renamed from "bootmii" to "bootmiiuneek".

All of these bugs are not dangerous and already fixed in the latest ModMii beta; but I want to add a few more things before releasing another update.

PS. some ppl have advised me not to be the first one to report bugs I find with my own app... but I decided to do it anyways cuz I think if I were in your shoes I'd want to hear about it too.

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
XFlak said:
@Wiimm, no argument here! Anyone listed in my credits is entitled to an easter egg upon request. I'm pretty sure I gave it to you before, but just in case I'll PM you with it again. Btw, if you ever set up a paypal account, I'll be happy to add it to ModMii's credits.
All cleared, my mistake to test it with the wrong version ... I'm so old ....

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hi Xflak.

If people are so unhappy with the forced credits you could consider to change it to only show the credits of the programs / tools that people have downloaded (or that have been used to download/build the files they have chosen). Then every time they use Modmii they would see different credits and it wouldn't take so long. They would still see the credits for all the tools they have used so I think that's a fair compromise.

However I have no clue how much work that would be for you so maybe it is not a possible solution. Just an idea I would like to share.

kamiro04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Maybe I'm not the norm, but I enjoyed reading the credits...
I've found a lot of web pages with wii scene glossaries and references and not even one where I could learn a little more about the history of it and how it has grown.
The next time I'll just wait in honor of all the people that wasted so much time (a lot more than those 9 screens) doing this wonderfull job.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
@TheRealVisitor

Hey man. it's over and done with. You stated your opinion, but it is not going to change anything. You are entitled to your opinion, but that does mean that it really matters to the person who does the programming.

I don't want a pissing match over something so simple and free. You and everyone else will get used to it.

@xflak, BTW, I don't think you can call it an easter egg anymore since everyone knows what it does. The cat is out of the bag.
petspeed said:
Hi Xflak.

If people are so unhappy with the forced credits you could consider to change it to only show the credits of the programs / tools that people have downloaded (or that have been used to download/build the files they have chosen). Then every time they use Modmii they would see different credits and it wouldn't take so long. They would still see the credits for all the tools they have used so I think that's a fair compromise.

However I have no clue how much work that would be for you so maybe it is not a possible solution. Just an idea I would like to share.
That is a good idea, but then there are also the people who did not write any of the supporting apps that do also deserve credit. Maybe a reasonable thing would be the very first time you run modmii or after an update you have to view the full credits only once at the start of the app, and then just the credits for those supporting apps what were used in whatever task you had modmii do. I'm sure xflak will come up with a reasonable way to make it work so those who do deserve credit can still get it and also not annoy users that tend to complain about the things that are free.

We all have to admit, the fact that xflak is doing things this way is really rather selfless. He cares about those who have contributed and he does not want all the glory on himself. It truly is honorable.

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I found a bug in 4.7.0. I tried downloading Dop-Mii and it failed so I tried redownloading it. And again, and again. I noticed after attempting to redownload it three times, it shows "error: cannot find archive" and does not show a dialog. I'm forced to close Modmii with the X button in the top right corner. I reproduced it four times. On a side note, why Dop-Mii v13? Is there something wrong with v14-16?

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Kiekoes said:
I'm pretty sure that this is asked before but: Can I load back ups if I installed this on my Wii?
Modmii does not get installed on a wii. Modmii gets run off of you PC and it downloads everything you need and then you put the files on you SD card and follow the generated guide that modmii creates.

Kiekoes

Former DS-Scene Staff
Trophies
Website
ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know, I already got it on my Wii and Backup Loader running. Thanks anyway!
smile.gif

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
DeadlyFoez said:
We all have to admit, the fact that xflak is doing things this way is really rather selfless. He cares about those who have contributed and he does not want all the glory on himself. It truly is honorable.
+1

elgpostei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
XFlak said:
@elgpostei,

check your firewall and antivirus to make sure its not interfering. Also, try performing windows updates and make sure u have .net framework 3.5 installed

I did what you said and tried again on saturday. Everything went well!

I don't know if it was the firewall, frameworks or the servers that were down but it worked! Thank you so much for taking the time to help me! I also donated.
smile.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Old8oy said:
Such a hot issue...

I think you should open your poll XFlak
tongue.gif
Yea, but the poll idea was when I was still willing to make changes. I like how ModMii operates now. It might be interesting to open a poll to see if people are generally for or against how the credits are set up, but in the end it probably won't influence me to make any changes.

petspeed said:
DeadlyFoez said:
+1
Thanks a lot guys!

QUOTE(DGenerateKane @ Aug 27 2011, 12:40 AM)
I think I found a bug in 4.7.0. I tried downloading Dop-Mii and it failed so I tried redownloading it. And again, and again. I noticed after attempting to redownload it three times, it shows "error: cannot find archive" and does not show a dialog. I'm forced to close Modmii with the X button in the top right corner. I reproduced it four times. On a side note, why Dop-Mii v13? Is there something wrong with v14-16?
Fixed it in the latest beta.

Does anyone know if dop-mii v16 (non wiibrew edition) is stable and should be the version ModMii downloads?

TheLostSabre

Naberius the Nauseous
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where do you think is the best place to install Dop-Mii xflak? Right now, I'm not sure that installing it on boot2 is the best idea since I already installed Bootmii there. Btw, I'm on 4.3 and just finishing resoftmodding my Wii last week thanks to you and everyone else on this board. Cheers!
biggrin.gif

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty surprised that people don't like the credits screen. I actually read it because I was curious.

But anyway, I hacked my wii a little while before this, but I use modmii to update stuff like IOSs and such.

It's a really nice program.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
dop mii isn't installed anywhere. To use it, it must be saved to your sd card or hard drive in the apps folder. dop mii is capable of installing other things, but it shouldn't be used without knowing what ur doing otherwise u can easily brick yourself.
I strongly suggest you don't include Dop-Mii in ModMii. I hadn't even realized it was there to begin with. The app is nice, but it responsible for a lot of bricks because the creators thought it would be a good idea to allow you to install stubs. The majority of people who use ModMii don't understand stubs, or IOS's in general.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY