• No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DOP-Mii was a fantastic tool, still is. The network option can come in handy. I think it should be kept but only in the advanced section (if it's not already there). Maybe add a "Type 'I understand what this application does and its risks' if you understand what this application does and its risks" option.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
There are much safer alternatives to Dop-Mii such as Multi-Mod Manager and Wii Mod, which do a lot of checks. They won't even let you install a stub of your System Menu IOS in a wad. Letting you stub the System Menu IOS (or any IOS for that matter) is just stupid.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
There are much safer alternatives to Dop-Mii such as Multi-Mod Manager and Wii Mod, which do a lot of checks. They won't even let you install a stub of your System Menu IOS in a wad. Letting you stub the System Menu IOS (or any IOS for that matter) is just stupid.

correction. a user stubbing the System Menu IOS (or any other IOS) is stupid. letting Dop-Mii remain in the advance section is merely providing the user with more options to do whatever it is they want to do.

edit for clarification: stubbing is a stupid user error. the correlation between giving the user access to stubs and the user actually installing them, is stupidity. it is not the fault of Dop-Mii or it's creators.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Old8oy said:
JoostinOnline said:

correction. a user stubbing the System Menu IOS (or any other IOS) is stupid. letting Dop-Mii remain in the advance section is merely providing the user with more options to do whatever it is they want to do.

edit for clarification: stubbing is a stupid user error. the correlation between giving the user access to stubs and the user actually installing them, is stupidity. it is not the fault of Dop-Mii or it's creators.
But newbies are stupid. There is no reason to allow users to install a stubbed version of their System Menu IOS. The creators aren't the reason for bricks, but I still think it's irresponsible to make bricking so easy.

If Dop-Mii is left in ModMii (I see no reason for it to be though), I agree that it should be moved to the Advanced section.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
JoostinOnline said:
Old8oy said:
JoostinOnline said:

But newbies are stupid. There is no reason to allow users to install a stubbed version of their System Menu IOS. The creators aren't the reason for bricks, but I still think it's irresponsible to make bricking so easy.

If Dop-Mii is left in ModMii (I see no reason for it to be though), I agree that it should be moved to the Advanced section.

Seein the goal of use that modmii is intended for ( everybody ) I also agree moving it to advanced options, or removing it from modmii.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use DOP MII. I don't like MMM. Dope Mii, has let me do more then MMM. When i first started modding i tried MMM (might have been cause older version?) but it had problem "removing" my stubs. or would say "removed stubs". i would run sys check, an read the dump. always showed the "stubs" as "stubs". Then i tried Dop Mii. I will not use MMM. I do agree, it should be move to advance, or if possible, make it's own page, along with MMM. an mybe wad mannagers. (yawmm
smile.gif
).
bow.gif

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the difference between the cBc NMM and cBc DML in modmii download? I haven't updated since 4.5 and have not been keeping up much (busy).

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
NMM is no more memory cards, it can be install to emulated nands running s\uneek. It can also be installed to real nand. It allows gamecube games to save\load game saves from an sd card instead of a gamecube memory card. Note that when it's installed it bypasses the cMIOS... meaning backup discs will not work when NMM is installed (not sure if this applies to modchips also)

DML, is Dios Mios Lite. It only works when installed to an emulated nand running sneek+di. It allows you to play gamecube games off sd card (gamecube sd card loader). Compatability isn't perfect, but if u got a fast sdhc card, u should get pretty decent results (from what I hear).

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
shortz1994 said:
I use DOP MII. I don't like MMM. Dope Mii, has let me do more then MMM. When i first started modding i tried MMM (might have been cause older version?) but it had problem "removing" my stubs. or would say "removed stubs". i would run sys check, an read the dump. always showed the "stubs" as "stubs". Then i tried Dop Mii. I will not use MMM. I do agree, it should be move to advance, or if possible, make it's own page, along with MMM. an mybe wad mannagers. (yawmm
smile.gif
).
bow.gif
Dop-Mii doesn't have more features that MMM, it's just the opposite.
MMM is so much safer than Dop-Mii. With Dop-Mii, a full brick just takes pressing a few buttons, but you can't full brick with MMM unless you were to have a power problem sometime during a System Menu install (which also applies to Dop-Mii).

As Multi-Mod Manager is so much safer, I don't think it needs to be moved to advanced downloads.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Thing is I want the advanced downloads page to only be custom downloads. Like modifying a cIOS or IOS or building a forwarder of some sort. dop-mii doesn't really belong on that page. I wonder if I should remove it all together, and maybe replace it with "wii mod" or something. Does anyone know if wii mod has a boot2 updater like dop-mii does? Just curious, cuz like I said that's the only reason I would personally use dop-mii

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for clearing that up about "NMM" and "DML"; I can check that ModChip later since I have one.

QUOTE said:
Does anyone know if wii mod has a boot2 updater like dop-mii does?

No, there is no way to update the boot2 by this app; it does however allow you to update all your IOS at once (to the latest non-stub version).

You can still use it to install a Custom System Menu and do an Official Update to update your Boot2 and any IOS. I did this and my Wii still runs fine. Bootmii@boot2 with Boot2v4. Just an extra step but I see it being very convenient for some people.

Everyone's Wii I soft-mod gets a taste of ModMii and then a Custom System Menu by WiiMod. Options, options, options, options. Everyone gets options LoL

+1 to Kiekoes post
tongue.gif

jskyboo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
Does anyone know if wii mod has a boot2 updater like dop-mii does? Just curious, cuz like I said that's the only reason I would personally use dop-mii
No, it does not support that and I have said in the past I have not interest in it, but if people do I could add it. But it is a very dangerous bit of code, and will require a lot of testing and unfortunately I don't have a Infectus chip sooo if things go bad I'm screwed and no more wii dev. If someone has access to one and really wants this feature I will work to add it in, but without that kind of backup I don't really feel comfortable messing with the boot2. Adding in the feature should be as simple as copy and paste from Dop Mii, but if there were even the slightest error I wouldn't be able to test it and find out without risking losing my wii.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
jskyboo said:
XFlak said:
Does anyone know if wii mod has a boot2 updater like dop-mii does? Just curious, cuz like I said that's the only reason I would personally use dop-mii
No, it does not support that and I have said in the past I have not interest in it, but if people do I could add it. But it is a very dangerous bit of code, and will require a lot of testing and unfortunately I don't have a Infectus chip sooo if things go bad I'm screwed and no more wii dev. If someone has access to one and really wants this feature I will work to add it in, but without that kind of backup I don't really feel comfortable messing with the boot2. Adding in the feature should be as simple as copy and paste from Dop Mii, but if there were even the slightest error I wouldn't be able to test it and find out without risking losing my wii.
Slap a "Super new ultra beta feature" label on it and see what happens to newbies, lol.
wink.gif

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
jskyboo said:
XFlak said:
I'll ask Foez if he has time to test it for u. He's the infectus wizard on these forums
biggrin.gif

@Kiekoes, thx man!

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The "boot2 update code" that dop-mii uses makes the exact same calls to IOS that the system menu does when it performs an update. It's absolutely no safer (not that it's particularly dangerous to begin with, despite what Joostin says) since all the work is done by IOS so why bother reproducing it in an app?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
that's cool to know the updates are performed similarly, I didn't know that. I concede the point, there might be not be much reason or demand for an app like this.

But on the other hand don't forget u can't necessarily do an offline ninty boot2 update, so what about those rare ppl who want to update the boot2 without without wifi or one of the odd games that have the boot2v4 updated on it, currently the only other option is dop-mii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +2
    Ffft
    On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on Twitter
  • RetroNerdGamer @ RetroNerdGamer:
    Beer isnt my thing but a root beer once in a while is good
    it gotta be MUG brand tho
    man i shoulda gotten one to open a cold one with TTYD Remake
    RetroNerdGamer @ RetroNerdGamer: man i shoulda gotten one to open a cold one with TTYD Remake