• Total voters

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Modded my Wii using this
smile.gif

its quite helpful with all the ios and stuff being worked on every minute.. cant keep up to date lol.

Worked like a charm, but I would suggest making the USB loaders guide a little more detailed.
Something went wrong, and the channel wasnt starting.. and was a bit frustrated in general when it came down to the USB loader set up at last step lol..
but at the end, it worked out
smile.gif

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
TheRealVisitor said:
Sorry Xflak, I don't agree with that. OK, 1$ is not a big deal (Paypal gets some % of it anyway) but being forced to watch the credits (one time would be OK) for using your tool is a bad idea. It wasn't part of ModMii until now, so it seems to be like a punch right into the face of all Gbatemp users who like to use your tool. ModMii grew with the help of Gbatemp community. Many people helped you, I did tests for you too one year ago, remember? So whats the point to add nagging infos about people who made this [anything in the wii scene] all possible. We know who made it possible (you, they, us[gbatemp]), no need to be reminded of that every time a file was downloaded. BTW: I saw that yellow text. And another question: what would people stop from publishing that "easter egg" after donation? I believe it is an entry in a bat file or something similar.
Are you serious????? Really?????

The whole thought behind this idea was to give credit where credit is DUE. Most noobs will think of modmii as being all xflak. The man is trying his best to take the focus off himself and on to the better people of this community.
Joostin holds his head high.
cool.gif

Lol, j/k.

grpagan

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello, I just downloaded and ran Modmii, but it seems that some files are not found online, so they are not downloaded (for instance, the red and green themes, some IOSes like 61 etc). Can it be a temporary problem? Or are these files removed from their servers?

T

TheRealVisitor

DeadlyFoez said:
TheRealVisitor said:
Sorry Xflak, I don't agree with that. OK, 1$ is not a big deal (Paypal gets some % of it anyway) but being forced to watch the credits (one time would be OK) for using your tool is a bad idea. It wasn't part of ModMii until now, so it seems to be like a punch right into the face of all Gbatemp users who like to use your tool. ModMii grew with the help of Gbatemp community. Many people helped you, I did tests for you too one year ago, remember? So whats the point to add nagging infos about people who made this [anything in the wii scene] all possible. We know who made it possible (you, they, us[gbatemp]), no need to be reminded of that every time a file was downloaded. BTW: I saw that yellow text. And another question: what would people stop from publishing that "easter egg" after donation? I believe it is an entry in a bat file or something similar.
Are you serious????? Really?????

The whole thought behind this idea was to give credit where credit is DUE. Most noobs will think of modmii as being all xflak. The man is trying his best to take the focus off himself and on to the better people of this community. How many other free software product do you have to wait or sit through an ad before it's use? Theres many of them. Xflak should not change it. It is great the way it is.

Although Xflak has already given enough hints about the easter egg and donating and what happens with it, but seriously, there should not be any complaints from ANYONE. I've done my share of beta testing and suggestions. But in reality, this is only a fucking god damn batch file. If you can't even try to read code from a simple (but large) batch file to find the way around this stuff yourself, then you don't understand code enough to even bother being a beta tester. Seriously, it is shocking that this has not all been leaked yet.

Everyone is getting something for free from MANY peoples hard work. %99.996 percent of users could not do this on their own. So what is the real complaint? The only issues is taking the time to view who were the people the helped make ALL of this happen FOR YOU!! If you are running it enough to get annoyed with it then you are running it more than just for your own wii, but also other peoples wii, and most likely making a dime off of what you don't know and what someone else created to make it easy for you.

I could be wrong, but why complain if you only need to see it once to hack your own wii??? Get over it man. He's giving credit to the other great minds. There is nothing wrong with that unless you are a selfish leach.

Hey, if you want, just stay with an older version that does not show the credits, then you can't complain.

And seriously, if you want to bitch to someone then bitch to me. After seeing how pune got shafted on the homebrew bounty competition, I came up with the idea of trying to give others the focus that they really really deserve, especially that pune has been such a HUGE contributor but rarely given the credit he deserves.. Xflak loved the idea and he just shot off with it to make it even better than what I could of thought of. But the whole idea is not to inconvience users, but to make users aware of who else helped in this whole thing and to provide them the paypal address to their favorite programmer.

I know without anyone else ever in this scene writing apps and creating anything, you would not have researched and hacked the wii to this greatness all on your own. Deal with the credits while you hack all of your friends/customers wii's, otherwise donate to the cause.

This is just here to bring awareness. This is not here to make money. I'm sure all of the CONTRIBUTORS will agree with what xflak has done and appreciate what he has done.

Dude, if your name was not listed as a beta tester then I am SURE xflak will be more than happy to mention you in his credits.

Please calm down man. You take this to personal, (maybe) because this credits thing was your idea.

1. Yes, I modded many Wiis for friends and no, I didn't take money for it.
2. Seeing credits only once is enough and thats my opinion (this is a free world, I can share my opinion, agree?)
3. I know, and most other ModMii users [from here] know too, who did the hard work on ModMii, inside Wii scene, with testing etc.. No need to be reminded of that every time a file is downloaded (again, my opinion). Not everybody uses ModMii once and never again. There are a lot [me too] who try some different builds of files [for personal testing]. ModMii has a lot of really great features besides the standard modding.
4. I do not want to be on credits page, my part in this wasn't big enough.
5. Why would you think everybody should spent time to look through batch code? Only because I didn't doesn't mean I couldn't. No need to make noobs of people without knowing anything about them.

Xflak, thanks for all your hard work and your great ModMii andy sorry for starting such a trolling discussion.
rolleyes.gif

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
TheRealVisitor said:
Please calm down man. You take this to personal, (maybe) because this credits thing was your idea.
(don't you mean 'too' instead of 'to'?)

1. Yes, I modded many Wiis for friends and no, I didn't take money for it. (I don't believe that with you amount of complaining, but thats my opinion)
2. Seeing credits only once is enough and thats my opinion (this is a free world, I can share my opinion, agree?). (Go ahead and share your opinion, but that does not mean it is any bit correct. a lot of thought was put into this for a good reason, and if you were one to benefit from it then you would not complain.... Ohhh, you DO benefit but still complain. You are getting great things for free. Accept it and be happy. You could be trying to live without Modmii and then what would you do????)
3. I know, and most other ModMii users [from here] know too, who did the hard work on ModMii, inside Wii scene, with testing etc.. No need to be reminded of that every time a file is downloaded (again, my opinion). Not everybody uses ModMii once and never again. There are a lot [me too] who try some different builds of files [for personal testing]. ModMii has a lot of really great features besides the standard modding.( You are wrong. Most noob idiot users just have heard about modmii through their friends or the web. Most general noob users have not freaking clue. Take a poll if you don't believe it.)
4. I do not want to be on credits page, my part in this wasn't big enough. (You are damn right with that statement, so why ask for special treatment beyond what other people get?)
5. Why would you think everybody should spent time to look through batch code? Only because I didn't doesn't mean I couldn't. No need to make noobs of people without knowing anything about them. (Because anyone who cares enough to bitch about shit can adjust the code to their, happiness and not have complaints. This is open source. If you are unable to make it the way you want with the simple as shit BATCH file that it is but yet still complain then you are beyond unreasonable.) Also, everyone should take the under one minute to view the credits. This is Xflaks choice.... not yours. When you write your own app then you can do it the way you want, until then you can learn to understand xflaks point of view. This was never meant to harm the end user, but only to give recognition to those who truly deserve it for their behind the scenes apps that modmii uses.

Xflak, thanks for all your hard work and your great ModMii andy sorry for starting such a trolling discussion.
rolleyes.gif
I'm sure your thanks and full understanding is truely appreciated. :facepalm:

In all honesty, what have YOU really done for the scene. I can understand ppl like tueidj, omega191, and megazig complaining about what is truely owed to them, but someone that doesn;t even understand any length of code at all just complaining that thing are no longer on the fastest possible silver platter is rather freakin rude.

If you want to complain then just either learn to not have to rely on things like Modmii, or develop it yourself and make it th way you want and then understand about how other developers deserve much credit also.

Trust me, a lot of thought was put into this, and this is not to make the leaches happy, but to give recognition to those who have made this all possible. Quit complaining. Really.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
grpagan said:
Hello, I just downloaded and ran Modmii, but it seems that some files are not found online, so they are not downloaded (for instance, the red and green themes, some IOSes like 61 etc). Can it be a temporary problem? Or are these files removed from their servers?
Someone just pm'd me telling me they'd heard the servers are down and will be back up tomorrow

@TheRealVisitor,
no worries man, ur entitled to your opinion... I think I want to keep the credits as is though, others deserve recognition too, whats

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DeadlyFoez said:
EDIT: oops, wrong quote, but the point was still given.
Seriously, just take 2 minutes to smoke a fat joint while you wait and then we will all be happy.

LOL!
I could'nt agree more!
(Sadly I don't smoke...)

T

TheRealVisitor

DeadlyFoez said:

In all honesty, what have YOU really done for the scene. I can understand ppl like tueidj, omega191, and megazig complaining about what is truely owed to them, but someone that doesn;t even understand any length of code at all just complaining that thing are no longer on the fastest possible silver platter is rather freakin rude.

If you want to complain then just either learn to not have to rely on things like Modmii, or develop it yourself and make it th way you want and then understand about how other developers deserve much credit also.

Trust me, a lot of thought was put into this, and this is not to make the leaches happy, but to give recognition to those who have made this all possible. Quit complaining. Really.

[irony] You got me, I became a billionaire by modding consoles. [/irony]

Stop attacking me, I didn't harmed you in any way. You don't know me, don't know my coding skills, but you attack me for sharing my opinion.
My opinion is not wrong only because it does not conform with yours or am I wrong and you dictate now what is a right though and a right opinion?
I modded Wiis before I knew about ModMiis existance, so what? And actually I don't care if you believe me or not! Maybe drugs are something for you, but I don't take any.

Well, if you really want to know what I personally did for the scene? Nothing special in my opinion, but you wanted to know! Are you using the latest d2x? Well, check the d2x thread. The main name idea was from me started with the suggestion to use "dx" [for the new cIOS mod] that was altered to "d2x" later. So everytime you look at a new cIOS with d2x your will remenber me.
rolleyes.gif

@Xflak:
QUOTEI've spent prolly around 2000 hrs on ModMii... kinda puts 45 seconds in perspective don't it?"
I would agree with that if there wouldn't be any difference between normal users and donated users. Putting an extra inconvenience [reading credits every time] for people who are not donating is not the right handling [in my opinion] with your users and fans.

We all spent more time in reading/writing about credits than we ever would by jumping through them. Can we please close this case now?

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
TheRealVisitor said:
Well, if you really want to know what I personally did for the scene? Nothing special in my opinion, but you wanted to know! Are you using the latest d2x? Well, check the d2x thread. The main name idea was from me started with the suggestion to use "dx" [for the new cIOS mod] that was altered to "d2x" later. So everytime you look at a new cIOS with d2x your will remenber me.
rolleyes.gif
That explains why it is so fucking wrong. You do know (and it was already explained in the first post of the thread) that to do the naming like it was a molecule, it should have been DX2. Now I understand. Someone who will complain about getting something for free also can't name things properly. Seriously man, you complained first, so I put you in your place. Get over it.

But all hail you because you thought of a name.... and did it wrong. Give me a break and get a more meaningful life.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
And by the way, noobs are to dumb to use such a great tool,
WTF.. dude i'm a noob, an i understand full well what modmii does an can do. i can read !
you must be edulge or how every this name is spelled from the "other site, an are complaining cause you can't leach off of this great tool. why do i say your edulge. because of you arrogance.
an you think deadly is a troll? these two people have much respect from me, an the whole community here on gba. you look like the one trolling. yes every one is entitled to his/ her own opinon. an wow you came up with a name ,very impressive. now go pull the stick out your ass. an roll a fat one.

T

TheRealVisitor

DeadlyFoez said:
TheRealVisitor said:
rolleyes.gif

That explains why it is so fucking wrong. You do know (and it was already explained in the first post of the thread) that to do the naming like it was a molecule, it should have been DX2. Now I understand. Someone who will complain about getting something for free also can't name things properly. Seriously man, you complained first, so I put you in your place. Get over it.

But all hail you because you thought of a name.... and did it wrong. Give me a break and get a more meaningful life.

OK, now you get my angry, you must be some kind of stupid, are you? Get over it and stop spamming and attacking people! "dx" stands for [what I suggested] Davebaol and xabby666. Others decided later to mention Xflak aswell, what is good [I forgot because there was already a "x" in the name.]. The "2" is not from me and its position between d and x isn't my idea either, I voted for dx2. Learn reading! Stop blaming me for something you understood wrong!

QUOTE(shortz1994 @ Aug 26 2011, 02:39 PM)
*snip offensive post*

WOW, deadly is god here and nobody is allowed to have another opinion. Is it what you are saying? What is this "medieval times"?

"WTF.. dude i'm a noob, an i understand full well what modmii does an can do. i can read ! " That doesn't make you a noob anymore, does it?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
TheRealVisitor said:
@Xflak:
QUOTE said:
I've spent prolly around 2000 hrs on ModMii... kinda puts 45 seconds in perspective don't it?"
I would agree with that if there wouldn't be any difference between normal users and donated users. Putting an extra inconvenience [reading credits every time] for people who are not donating is not the right handling [in my opinion] with your users and fans.

We all spent more time in reading/writing about credits than we ever would by jumping through them. Can we please close this case now?
That's the thing, I'm not trying to inconvenience users. If there weren't any Easter Eggs in ModMii then everyone would have to view the credits all the time (yea, I would've done that to everyone). But as a way of saying thank you to those that donate, I give them the easter egg. People should know that they are not buying an easter egg, they are contributing to a project. It's kind of like getting a pink ribbon when donating to the cure. The cure isn't selling the ribbons, but they give them out as a thank you (and to show support). Anyways, this is no different than a website offering perks to those that donate... but do you consider them perks? Or do you consider those perks to be the standard, and non-donators just have restricted access? In my opinion, what's free is the standard, anything beyond that is a bonus. My point is, there is no "extra inconvenience" to non-donators, but there is an extra convenience to donators. You might call it semantics, but in my opinion there is a big difference between the two.

I totally agree with you that we should close this case.

@everyone (especially Foez), let it go. I know you're trying to defend me, but there's a difference between putting someone in their place and kicking them when they're down. I've very pleased that only a couple people have complained about the credits and even more people said they don't mind. But people are entitled to their opinions.

Btw, what do people think of the actual content of the credits? I tried to write it with a personal touch and threw in a few jokes here and there. I don't like the standard professional way of writing credits... most of the people I mention are my friends, so I figured it'd be more enjoyable to read something written from the heart.

edit:
@TheRealVisitor, calm down. I was defending you, but don't expect to come into my thread and call one of my best friends a troll. I'd appreciate it if you edit your post, and ignore any further comments directed at you. If someone else says something impolite directed at you, let me (or a mod) handle it. Seriously, I personally don't find anything wrong with you sharing your opinion, but this whole thing has escalated to the point where it's not a friendly discussion anymore. If you want to discuss this further, send me a PM.

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
@XFlak:
But don't forget the people which donate you in software and also the power testers/helpers!!

I have also spent much much time to develop my iso tools. I don't ask for a donation, but I will also not give money away in this scene. My donation is definitely time and support and so I'm co developer of ModMii.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@Wiimm, no argument here! Anyone listed in my credits is entitled to an easter egg upon request. I'm pretty sure I gave it to you before, but just in case I'll PM you with it again. Btw, if you ever set up a paypal account, I'll be happy to add it to ModMii's credits.

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used Modmii to generate CIOS wads for 4.3U. There were 14 of them. I installed wads with numbers 249, 250, 202,222,223,224. I did not use the others, used gx2 tried a few games, they worked. What do other IOS (CIOS?) wads do?
Second question. I think 222v5.R1 means Hermes 5.1 modified by Rodris?

Also Modmii gave the multimod manager (?). In it there is an option to get wii's password/pins. Anybody knows a stand alone app for that?

PS: I did not find the long credits page to be an annoyance. It was nice to see who are the gods/goddess.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
you should install ModMii's recommended cIOSs. Go to download page 4 and type "REC", those are the wads the community generally recommends.

Other cIOSs might be more compatible with certain hard drives or apps. But for the most part the other cIOSs on the page are simply outdated (they do the same thing as the recommended cIOSs but not quite as well). And yes, v5.1R means Hermes v5.1 mod by Rodries.

You can get your Wii's keys by using bootmii to make a nand backup. This is all part of ModMii's Wizard, if u haven't done this, there might be more that you're missing out on and I recommend you remod your Wii using the ModMii Wizard.

I'm glad you liked reading the credits and I really appreciate your feedback!

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
nunavat2010 said:
I used Modmii to generate CIOS wads for 4.3U. There were 14 of them. I installed wads with numbers 249, 250, 202,222,223,224. I did not use the others, used gx2 tried a few games, they worked. What do other IOS (CIOS?) wads do?
Except for 202 are other options for backup loading. 202 is for the few apps that still use 202 instead of 58 for USB2.0 support. 202>58
Second question. I think 222v5.R1 means Hermes 5.1 modified by Rodris?
Yes
Also Modmii gave the multimod manager (?). In it there is an option to get wii's password/pins. Anybody knows a stand alone app for that?
No, but why would you even bother with a stand alone app when it is already included in MMM?

PS: I did not find the long credits page to be an annoyance. It was nice to see who are the gods/goddess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    +1
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    Damn that's bonkers mate, it's almost like we've never met!
    Probably just my imagination
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: