• Total voters

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
which version of system menu were you on and which version were you going to ?
and did you check to see if it downloaded all the files?

i know it gives you an md5 checksum ,but i have no idea how to use checksum to verify a bunch of files together like that , i have used checksum before but only for single individual files not one md5 checksum number for a whole bunch of files,
im not even sure how you would go about doing that or what kind of program you would use, i have used a program called fastsum before to verify or check 1 file against 1 md5 number but how do you check all the files together against that 1 md5 number? not sure the fastsum program can even do that,or which one/s can

also any idea about why the installer worked the first time i downloaded it and saved it to my desktop,but then failed the next time i downloaded and saved it to my desktop ,and gave me the check internet and firewall settings massage and still wouldnt work after firewall was dissabled,but then worked fine when i downloaded it and chose to run it instead of to save it?
how are you all doing it/ are you saving the installer? or runing it from its location?i guess there is no need to save it anyeays, i only did it the first time cause i thought it was the actual program exe ,not an installer

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
totalnoob617 said:
which version of system menu were you on and which version were you going to ?
and did you check to see if it downloaded all the files?
Wasn't clear you were addressing me or not. It was 4.3U and I would have had no trouble....
oh wait, I could have gotten the network pin from or whatever from it so that I could do IOS236 online..

Nm, I just visited Dr Clipper The page has been updated on Aug 21, 2011. May be he took out the joke this time. I can handle it from here.

Thanks for reading.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
QUOTE said:
I think off-line installation of IOS236 did not work, even tough it said OK. Why? Wad manager refused to install all the necessary wads. This is my first attempt using MODMII from scratch to hack a wii. (I used Modmii to get load of custom IOS's wads earlier, was really happy with it).Are you using the ModMii Wizard or are you making up your own steps? What wad manager are u using? MMM? Are u sure u reloaded to IOS236? The fact that only IOS58 installed sounds to me like u loaded a stock ninty IOS instead of IOS236. Is IOS236 an option? If so, it likely installed just fine. If its missing, u should repeat the IOS236 Installer step.
QUOTE said:
My question: Does MODMII use Dr Clipper's IOS236 installer without the joke (asking whether you are going to use pirated games or not or some such thing)?Because this time it did not ask.correct, it uses v5 mod
QUOTE said:
also any idea about why the installer worked the first time i downloaded it and saved it to my desktop,but then failed the next time i downloaded and saved it to my desktop ,and gave me the check internet and firewall settings massage and still wouldnt work after firewall was dissabled,but then worked fine when i downloaded it and chose to run it instead of to save it? i guess there is no need to save it anyeays, i only did it the first time cause i thought it was the actual program exe ,not an installer 
It's possible some junk got left behind from the first time u used the installer (ie. a temp.bat file). I'm pretty sure I address that potential problem with v2.6 of the installer. Try creating a new empty folder, then moving the installer to the empty folder and try again. If it works, there might be some hidden temp files left on your desktop or wherever it was failing.
i know it gives you an md5 checksum ,but i have no idea how to use checksum to verify a bunch of files together like that , i have used checksum before but only for single individual files not one md5 checksum number for a whole bunch of files,
im not even sure how you would go about doing that or what kind of program you would use, i have used a program called fastsum before to verify or check 1 file against 1 md5 number but how do you check all the files together against that 1 md5 number? not sure the fastsum program can even do that,or which one/s can
go to ModMii's options page and type "C", it will calculate the hashes of all the specified files in the "Copy_to_SD" folder and save it to a custom.md5 file where ModMii.exe is saved. You can then share this custom.md5 with others and they can save it to the same place, then go to the options page and type "C2", then it will attempt to verify all files in the custom.md5.

T

TheRealVisitor

Just downloaded ModMii 4.7.0 an wow, a lot of changes, good work, BUT
why I always have to watch all credits after a download? Whats the point? How can this be disabled?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
TheRealVisitor said:
why I always have to watch all credits after a download? Whats the point? How can this be disabled?
The main reason is to force people to read the credits so I can give credit where credit is due.

In yellow text, it will tell u "Non-Donators must view the Credits before seeing their Download Log"

If you donate at least $1 to ModMii (ie. [email protected]), I'll give u an Easter Egg, one of its many features will be to avoid being forced to view the credits before seeing the Download Log

I haven't announced this until now, but if u donate to someone else in ModMii's credits (ie. not [email protected]) and the person you donated to confirms for me that a donation was sent I will still provide you with ModMii's Easter Egg.

Note, this is not a retroactive deal... so if you donated to giantpune (for example) before ModMii v4.7.0 was released, u will not be entitled to ModMii's Easter Egg.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheRealVisitor said:
an besides it's not that big of a deal to see the others who have done all the hard work to make it possiable to mod wii's.. i think it is a great idea.
though being a starwars fan my self, i would have it scrolling, like in the opening credits.lol..( on a computer far far away......)

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
shortz1994 said:
TheRealVisitor said:
an besides it's not that big of a deal to see the others who have done all the hard work to make it possiable to mod wii's.. i think it is a great idea.
though being a starwars fan my self, i would have it scrolling, like in the opening credits.lol..( on a computer far far away......)
LOL. Thats awesome.

The idea about the providing paypal addresses and such came from when xflak and I were having a drunken brainstorming night on the phone (I think he was hammered too... I forget).
biggrin.gif
We actually talked quite a bit about modmii that night. Usually, the best ideas for changes is when the liquor kicks in.

Who says alcohol provides nothing good for society?

T

TheRealVisitor

XFlak said:
TheRealVisitor said:
The main reason is to force people to read the credits so I can give credit where credit is due.

In yellow text, it will tell u "Non-Donators must view the Credits before seeing their Download Log"

If you donate at least $1 to ModMii (ie. [email protected]), I'll give u an Easter Egg, one of its many features will be to avoid being forced to view the credits before seeing the Download Log

I haven't announced this until now, but if u donate to someone else in ModMii's credits (ie. not [email protected]) and the person you donated to confirms for me that a donation was sent I will still provide you with ModMii's Easter Egg.

Note, this is not a retroactive deal... so if you donated to giantpune (for example) before ModMii v4.7.0 was released, u will not be entitled to ModMii's Easter Egg.

Sorry Xflak, I don't agree with that. OK, 1$ is not a big deal (Paypal gets some % of it anyway) but being forced to watch the credits (one time would be OK) for using your tool is a bad idea. It wasn't part of ModMii until now, so it seems to be like a punch right into the face of all Gbatemp users who like to use your tool. ModMii grew with the help of Gbatemp community. Many people helped you, I did tests for you too one year ago, remember? So whats the point to add nagging infos about people who made this [anything in the wii scene] all possible. We know who made it possible (you, they, us[gbatemp]), no need to be reminded of that every time a file was downloaded. BTW: I saw that yellow text. And another question: what would people stop from publishing that "easter egg" after donation? I believe it is an entry in a bat file or something similar.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
TheRealVisitor said:
Sorry Xflak, I don't agree with that. OK, 1$ is not a big deal (Paypal gets some % of it anyway) but being forced to watch the credits (one time would be OK) for using your tool is a bad idea. It wasn't part of ModMii until now, so it seems to be like a punch right into the face of all Gbatemp users who like to use your tool. ModMii grew with the help of Gbatemp community. Many people helped you, I did tests for you too one year ago, remember? So whats the point to add nagging infos about people who made this [anything in the wii scene] all possible. We know who made it possible (you, they, us[gbatemp]), no need to be reminded of that every time a file was downloaded. BTW: I saw that yellow text. And another question: what would people stop from publishing that "easter egg" after donation? I believe it is an entry in a bat file or something similar.
Seriously, it takes 45 seconds of your time. If it bothers u so much, hit enter a bunch of times (9 to be exact) on the first page of the credits and u don't need to watch anything.

If there's a lot of people upset about this, for the next update I'll consider making people only watch it once per ModMii update (similar to the scam warning). I appreciate your feedback, but if you're the only person who complains about it, don't expect any changes.

And if the easter egg leaks... the next update might not have any easter eggs, so I'd recommend against leaking it especially after having donated to get it. Yea... can you believe I'm already working on the next update? I got something up my sleeve that should put an end to all the problems ModMii has been having with AV scanners, including malwarebytes
biggrin.gif

And to those insiders, like yourself, who've contributed their time and energy into helping me develop ModMii... just PM me about it. I'm a nice guy, I'll share the Easter Egg with those who deserve it even if they didn't donate.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheRealVisitor said:
...I just want to mod my Wii. I don't care who made it possible or what they've done to allow me to do so...

Is someone seriously complaining about seeing the names of the people who made this all possible? why not just get up and go take a leak or grab a soda after the downloads finish? I can't think of a situation where a Wii will self-destruct if it isn't modded within 90 seconds...

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
FireGrey said:
I don't really like the credits either.
Can't you have a credits page instead please?
I dont know why people got problems with credits... If you played through a game are you turning off your TV that you dont need to see the credits?
laugh.gif
I havent got a problem with it.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
FireGrey said:
I don't really like the credits either.
Can't you have a credits page instead please?
lol, there's been an option to view the credits on the main menu for AGES. Goes to show you that if I didn't force people to watch it, no one would even know it existed.

The most I am willing to concede is to force people to watch it only once per update and now there are 2 voices asking me to consider it. Thanks for sharing your opinion
biggrin.gif

In all honesty I don't see the big deal... I've designed ModMii to be able to download everything in batch... you could queue up 1000 downloads and you still only have to watch the credits for 45 seconds. Besides, try using an earlier version of ModMii to build themed system menu wads, or cIOSs, and time how much faster it is now. I'm sure that even counting the extra time to view the credits, its faster than what it was before.

MrAimenify

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
XFlak said:
TheRealVisitor said:
Seriously, it takes 45 seconds of your time. If it bothers u so much, hit enter a bunch of times (9 to be exact) on the first page of the credits and u don't need to watch anything.

If there's a lot of people upset about this, for the next update I'll consider making people only watch it once per ModMii update (similar to the scam warning). I appreciate your feedback, but if you're the only person who complains about it, don't expect any changes.

And if the easter egg leaks... the next update might not have any easter eggs, so I'd recommend against leaking it especially after having donated to get it. Yea... can you believe I'm already working on the next update? I got something up my sleeve that should put an end to all the problems ModMii has been having with AV scanners, including malwarebytes
biggrin.gif

And to those insiders, like yourself, who've contributed their time and energy into helping me develop ModMii... just PM me about it. I'm a nice guy, I'll share the Easter Egg with those who deserve it even if they didn't donate.
Hello XFlak. My real name is Aimen, called MrAimenify. I just want to say I really appreciate your work on ModMii.
We all here at GBAtemp appreciate your work on ModMii.
You have done something that everyone has wished for before. Thanks to you, there is this amazing piece of software.
But we must not forget all the others people who have been involved and helped to make ModMii a better program.

Unfortunately, I am also a bit critical of this change you made. When I build SNEEK with DML, the credits came up, without any kind of warning.
I thought I was doing wrong. But apparently, after I had seen through the whole credits, the download of SNEEK with DML was done. Lucky, I did not shut down ModMii.
I did not feel comfortable with this. Because of this, I did not use ModMii again because I was afraid it would happen again.
I tested ModMii again and the credits did not come up this time.

I try not to say that you should NOT show us the credits with your will. I'm trying to say you could do this in a better way.
Adding the credits before or after the "I Agree" part would have been good. Not in the middle when you are using ModMii.
Even better to show it when you installed it for the first time or have updated ModMii.

I try not to say that you're an idiot who has done this. I do not think so either.
I'm trying to say this to you with all the kindness I have, to show my respect for your work.
I hope you understand me.

/MrAimenify.

HatchA

Trophies
XP
Country
Well... it seems that after two months since my original post here, I finally managed to get around to perform the softmod/hack... As promised, I voted in the poll
wink.gif

Thanks to all that threw in their two cents worth - Every little helps!! ('specially to this techno-n00b). And THANKS to XFlak for putting the whole thing together. I didn't mind reading the credits at all
wink.gif

I'm currently trying to figure out how to work the Wii backup manager thingy but it's only serving to aggravate the headache I've had all day
frown.gif

Can anyone recommend any particular external HD's that work best for compatibility..?

Ta

elgpostei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi!
Thanks for the software. It seems amazing, but I've been having some trouble getting it to work.

When downloading a lot of files get skipped as they fail to download. Most of them are the "Channel" items and a lot of them are IOS files. Still it continues, but stops at step 42. The last line of text says: "Successfully downloaded the title 0000000100000037 version 5663" and the steps name is IOS55.

I've tried numerous times with and without Channels and different firmwares, but it always stops like this. I think the IOS-numbers are different though.

ModMii 4.7.0 Custom Guide
Generated on 25.08.2011 - 23:32:58,02
Check for updates at tinyurl.com/ModMiiNow

This Guide was generated using the following parameters:

* Install and\or update all recommended softmods
* Current firmware is 4.1E
* Desired firmware is 4.1E

* Install Extra Brick Protection
* Update active IOSs (can be disabled in options)
* Do not Install a cMIOS (can be enabled in Options)

* External Hard Drive to be Formatted as FAT32
* Download Configurable USB-Loader
* USB-Loader Settings and config files saved to USB Hard Drive

This software is not for sale. If you paid for this software or a "bundle" you have been scammed.

THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, NEITHER STATED NOR IMPLIED.
NO ONE BUT YOURSELF IS TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THIS MAY CAUSE TO YOUR NINTENDO WII CONSOLE!
USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

IMPORTANT NOTES:

*This guide does NOT require a Wifi connection on your Wii.
*An SD card formatted to FAT(32) required (Best results are with non-SDHC cards, SDHC will only work on 4.0 or above).
*If you get errors during any of the steps reformat your SD card as FAT or FAT32
*Turn off WiiConnect24 and take out all gamecube memory cards/controllers when modding the Wii (unless instructed otherwise).
*If your Wii ever freezes, hold the power button on the Wii for 5 seconds to power it off then try again.
*Don’t ever accept a new Nintendo update without first googling to see if it’s safe. The last update (to 4.3) was released in late June 2010 and is NOT safe to accept. If you accept an official Nintendo update after modding the Wii, you may lose some or all of your modifications.
*Never uninstall a system menu or IOS
*Do not install untested wads/themes without Bootmii or Priiloader installed.
*Not all external hard drive's are compatible with the Wii, for a list of which USB Hard Drive's are compatible, see this webpage: <a href="http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List" target="_blank">http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List</a>
*If you have questions, a more detailed guide can be found here: www.sites.google.com/site/completesg/
*This custom guide is great start, but Wii modding is always evolving. Check for updates online, and remember, google is your friend.
*If you have questions, a more detailed guide can be found here: www.sites.google.com/site/completesg/

1) INSTALLING THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL (HBC) AND BOOTMII
=================================================

Run BannerBomb v1 by going to Settings, Data Management, Channels, SD Card and choosing yes to load boot.dol/elf
Note: If it doesn't work for you, visit <a href="http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/" target="_blank">http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/</a> for more variations of either version of bannerbomb.

This runs the Hackmii Installer (and silently/automatically installs BootMii as IOS). Use the installer to install the Homebrew Channel (HBC) and Bootmii as Boot2 if possible.

Note: If you get a 'no vulnerable IOS' error message, run ModMii again and this time select the 'Hackmii Solutions' option instead of 'ModMii Wizard' and follow the new instructions before continuing this guide.

After you exit the hackmii installer, you will be taken to the HBC.
Hit the home button. In the top right corner you will see the IOS used by the HBC.

If the HBC is using an IOS other than IOS58 or your homebrew channel is upside-down, make a note of it as it applies later in the guide (you will have to reinstall the HBC).

If it is using IOS58 and your HBC is not upside-down, you can skip the Reinstall The Homebrew Channel step when you get to it.

2) MAKING A NAND BACKUP
====================

While inside the Homebrew Channel, load BootMii by pressing home and clicking Launch Bootmii.
Press the power button on the wii 3 times to get to the last option, then press the reset button. [You can also navigate with a Gamecube controller]

Press reset to choose the first option, then follow the directions on the screen to make your NAND backup. [Bad blocks are no problem.]

Backup the Bootmii folder, NAND.bin, and keys.bin elsewhere and erase from the sd card (or rename it). You'll need these in case of emergencies, so don't lose them.
Go back to The Homebrew Channel.

Note: if Bootmii was installed as boot2, then it will show up as soon as the Wii is turned on AS LONG AS it finds the bootmii folder (mentioned above) on the root of the SD card.

3) INSTALL A PATCHED IOS236
========================

Start the Homebrew Channel.

VERY IMPORTANT!
In the Homebrew channel, if you do not have a working internet connection already set up, you will see an icon flashing in the bottom right corner of the screen indicating its inability to initialize the network. You MUST wait for the icon to stop flashing OR let it flash for 30-60 seconds before proceeding otherwise these apps will error shortly after being launched. If you encounter this harmless error, power off the Wii and repeat this step from the beginning. To increase your chances of success, add a working internet connection to your Wii via the official Wii Settings Menu, but be sure to say "No" when asked to perform an update.

You only need to perform ONE of the below methods.

Method A: Using IOS236 Installer
--------------------------------

After waiting 30-60 seconds for the HBC to attempt to initialize the network, launch "IOS236 Installer v5 MOD".
Note: This app must be launched using HBC v1.0.7 or higher in order to work properly.

It should say "IOS236 installation is complete!" and return to The Homebrew Channel.

If you experience errors, keep trying and it should eventually work.
If you continue to experience errors you can try using Simple IOS Patcher instead.
Once either method successfully installs IOS236, you can move onto the next step.

Method B: Using Simple IOS Patcher
----------------------------------

After waiting 30-60 seconds for the HBC to attempt to initialize the network, launch "IOS236 Installer".
Note: This app must be launched using HBC v1.0.7 or higher in order to work properly.

Choose "IOS36" (already selected by default) and push A,
Select "Install IOS to slot" and choose 236,
Select "Install patched IOS36" leaving the 4 patches set to "yes" and press A,
Choose "Load IOS from SD card".

Confirm your choice with the A button,
When prompted, push A to continue the installation.
When the installation is over you'll be back at the Main Menu,
Then push B button to exit.

If you experience errors, keep trying and it should eventually work.
If you continue to experience errors you can try using IOS236 Installer instead.
Once either method successfully installs IOS236, you can move onto the next step.

4) INSTALL PRIILOADER
==================

Launch "Priiloader 236 Mod" via the Homebrew Channel

After the Priiloader Installer loads, press + to install it.

You may get an error for "loader.ini" and/or "password.txt" simply ignore these.

After successfully installing Priiloader, access it by powering off the Wii,
then powering it back on while holding reset until you see the Priiloader menu.

You should install some system menu hacks now (by going to System Menu hacks option).

RECOMMENDED HACKS: Block Disc Updates, Block Online Updates, Replace Health Screen, Auto-Press A at Health Screen, Region-Free Everything, remove no copy save file protection, and Move Disc Channel.

The priiloader menu is white by default, you can change it to black in the Priiloader settings if you prefer.

One of the special functions of Priiloader is that it can autoboot any app/file instead of the system menu. Some apps (like crazyIntro) can't be used without it.
For details on how to do so, visit www.sites.google.com/site/completesg/system-hacks/priiloader

5) INSTALL WADS
============

Load Multi-Mod Manager (MMM) via the HomeBrew Channel.
If IOS236 is not already loaded, select "Load another IOS", then select IOS236

Note: If this step fails with error -ret 2011 or other, you may need to retry patching IOS236. If the Wii was previously softmodded, you can try loading cIOS250 (or others like 202,222,223,224,236,249)

In Multi-Mod Manager's main menu, go down to select "WAD Manager".

Install the following WADs from the WAD folder (this list of WADs is unique to how you answered the Wizard's questions).

Be careful not to install any additional wads that may have been previously saved in this folder (they may be safe, but I cannot say for sure).

Hold + for 2 seconds to select all the WADs in the folder. Then Press A twice to install them all.
If any files fail to install properly, they will remain marked for installation, so just retry installing those files.

Your unique list of wads to install are as follows:

* IOS11v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS20v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS30v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS50v14889(IOS50v4889[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS60v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS70v16687(IOS70v6687[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* cIOS202[60]-v5.1R
* cIOS223[37-38]-v4
* cIOS224[57]-v5.1R
* cIOS249[56]-d2x-v6
* cIOS250[57]-d2x-v6
* RVL-mios-v10
* IOS9-64-v1034
* IOS12-64-v526
* IOS13-64-v1032
* IOS14-64-v1032
* IOS15-64-v1032
* IOS17-64-v1032
* IOS21-64-v1039
* IOS22-64-v1294
* IOS28-64-v1807
* IOS31-64-v3608
* IOS33-64-v3608
* IOS34-64-v3608
* IOS35-64-v3608
* IOS36-64-v3608
* IOS37-64-v5663
* IOS38-64-v4124
* IOS41-64-v3607
* IOS43-64-v3607
* IOS45-64-v3607
* IOS46-64-v3607
* IOS48-64-v4124
* IOS53-64-v5663
* IOS55-64-v5663
* IOS56-64-v5662
* IOS57-64-v5919
* IOS58-64-v6176
* IOS61-64-v5662
* USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v9-IDCL
This is a forwarder channel that will load the first file it finds from the following list:
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\usb-loader\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usb-loader\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\WiiFlow\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\WiiFlow\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.elf
Notes: IOS58 is required to launch apps from an SD Card and hard drives formatted as
FAT32, NTFS, ext2, ext3 and ext4. It also supports meta.xml arguments
and is able to launch apps with direct hardware access.
You should always have at least one forwarder channel installed on your Wii,
that way, in the event of accidental update, you will be able to rehack your Wii without relying on a disc based exploit

6) REINSTALL THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL (if applicable)
==============================================

Earlier you should have checked what IOS is used by the Homebrew Channel (HBC). If the IOS used by your HBC is IOS58 and your HBC is not upside-down, you can skip this step.

If the HBC is using an IOS other than IOS58 or your HBC is upside-down, you should reinstall the HBC.

Launch the HackMii_Installer via the HBC.
Use the Hackmii Installer to fix/re-install the HBC. Once you've successfully reinstalled the HBC, you can move onto the next step of the guide.

If the HBC is failing to load the HackMii_Installer (just blackscreens), instead launch the Hackmii Installer using the method described in the First Step

================================================================================
======
THE REST OF THE GUIDE IS PERFORMED ON YOUR COMPUTER IN ORDER TO SET UP YOUR USB-LOADER
================================================================================
======

7) FORMAT THE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE (if applicable)
==============================================

First check if your drive needs to be formatted by checking the current Format\File-System of the drive.
Open 'My Computer', right-click the external hard drive you want to use, then select 'properties'.
Make note of the Drive Letter of the external hard drive as this will be important later.
If the 'File-System' is already FAT32, you can skip this step.

If you have anything saved on the hard drive, you should back it up now as all the data will be lost once you format it.

Launch FAT32 GUI Formatter from shortcuts on your Start Menu or Desktop

Make sure you select the drive letter corresponding to your external hard drive.
You may optionally uncheck the 'Quick Format' box, then click start.

8) COPY FILES TO HARD DRIVE
========================

Copy everything inside the COPY_TO_USB folder to the root of your FAT32 hard-drive\partition.

9) MANAGE WII BACKUPS USING WII BACKUP MANAGER (OPTIONAL)
======================================================

Launch WiiBackupManager from shortcuts on your Start Menu or Desktop

You can use this program to manage/transfer your electronic backups of Wii Games.
It is very simple to use, but a detailed tutorial on using Wii Backup Manager can be found here:
www.sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/iso/wbfs-managers/wii-backup-manager

Note: Original Wii Disc's cannot be read/copied by using a computer (unless you have one of the rare LG Drives that is capable of doing so)

To copy ORIGINAL Wii Disc's, insert the disc into your Wii and...
- Launch Configurable USB-Loader, and hit the plus sign '+'.

10) CONFIGURE/CUSTOMIZE CONFIGURABLE USB-LOADER (OPTIONAL)
======================================================

To Configure/Customize your USB-Loader, use the Configurator for Configurable USB-Loader found here:
COPY_TO_USB\usb-loader\CfgLoaderConfigurator.exe

Optional: additional themes can be found here:
<a href="http://wii.spiffy360.com/themes.php" target="_blank">http://wii.spiffy360.com/themes.php</a>

* IMPORTANT NOTES ON DEFAULT SETTINGS:
------------------------------------

Two potentially dangerous features have been locked:
1) The ability to remove/delete games
2) the ability to format a hard drive.

To unlock these features, while in the configurable USB-Loader menu, hold '1' for 5 seconds, then enter the password to unlock these features. The password is 'AAAA', you can change the password/settings by using the Configurator for Configurable USB-Loader. Hold '1' again for 5 seconds to lock the USB-Loader again (or it will lock automatically again once you exit the USB-Loader).

11) AFTER MODDING
=============

After you are done modding your Wii, you can optionally delete any unnecesarry files
by using ModMii's "File Cleanup" Feature.

If you choose not to use the File Cleanup feature, in order to avoid having your Wii freeze when accessing the SD Card Menu, you should delete the 'aktn' folder where bannerbomb is saved (SD:\private\wii\title\aktn), or rename the entire 'private' folder.

At this point you're practically done.
Now you should be downloading the latest homebrew applications and setting them up on
your SD Card (or FAT32 USB Hard Drive) so they can be launched via the HBC.

For downloading applications, you should:
* Check out ModMii's batch download pages as it has many popular apps available for download.
* Download Homebrew Browser via ModMii to get many popular apps, but this is an online only Wii application (www.sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/hbb)
* For those without internet on their Wii, check out this list of Homebrew applications (wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_all_homebrew).
Another great resource is webrewwii.blogspot.com

After getting whatever apps you want, you should get a boot.dol file and possibly a icon.png and meta.xml.
For HBC to read your SD/USB correctly, your card must be structured SD:/apps/application name/boot.dol
If you have a *.dol not named boot.dol, rename it boot.dol, otherwise it will not be recognized by the HBC.
(optional: the icon.png and meta.xml should be saved in the same place as the boot.dol)

12) SUPPORT XFLAK
=============

IF MODMII WORKED FOR YOU, PLEASE VOTE IN FAVOUR OF THE PROGRAM HERE (tinyurl.com/ModMiiNow)

DONATIONS CAN OPTIONALLY BE MADE VIA PAYPAL TO [email protected]

CHECK OUT MY TOP CHANNELS HERE (tinyurl.com/topchannels)

CHECK OUT MY CRAZY INTRO VIDEOS HERE (tinyurl.com/crazyintro)

I would be very grateful if someone could help me. This is my first time modding a Wii (I feel like its wrong to say this as its this wonderful program that does all the work).

Thanks!

- Elg

Edit: I'm using Win7 64-bit and I've tried running the program as an administrator. I've also tried on an XP computer and the UnfreezeMii.bat file.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
TheRealVisitor said:
Are you serious????? Really?????

The whole thought behind this idea was to give credit where credit is DUE. Most noobs will think of modmii as being all xflak. The man is trying his best to take the focus off himself and on to the better people of this community. How many other free software product do you have to wait or sit through an ad before it's use? Theres many of them. Xflak should not change it. It is great the way it is.

Although Xflak has already given enough hints about the easter egg and donating and what happens with it, but seriously, there should not be any complaints from ANYONE. I've done my share of beta testing and suggestions. But in reality, this is only a fucking god damn batch file. If you can't even try to read code from a simple (but large) batch file to find the way around this stuff yourself, then you don't understand code enough to even bother being a beta tester. Seriously, it is shocking that this has not all been leaked yet.

Everyone is getting something for free from MANY peoples hard work. %99.996 percent of users could not do this on their own. So what is the real complaint? The only issues is taking the time to view who were the people the helped make ALL of this happen FOR YOU!! If you are running it enough to get annoyed with it then you are running it more than just for your own wii, but also other peoples wii, and most likely making a dime off of what you don't know and what someone else created to make it easy for you.

I could be wrong, but why complain if you only need to see it once to hack your own wii??? Get over it man. He's giving credit to the other great minds. There is nothing wrong with that unless you are a selfish leach.

Hey, if you want, just stay with an older version that does not show the credits, then you can't complain.

And seriously, if you want to bitch to someone then bitch to me. After seeing how pune got shafted on the homebrew bounty competition, I came up with the idea of trying to give others the focus that they really really deserve, especially that pune has been such a HUGE contributor but rarely given the credit he deserves.. Xflak loved the idea and he just shot off with it to make it even better than what I could of thought of. But the whole idea is not to inconvience users, but to make users aware of who else helped in this whole thing and to provide them the paypal address to their favorite programmer.

I know without anyone else ever in this scene writing apps and creating anything, you would not have researched and hacked the wii to this greatness all on your own. Deal with the credits while you hack all of your friends/customers wii's, otherwise donate to the cause.

This is just here to bring awareness. This is not here to make money. I'm sure all of the CONTRIBUTORS will agree with what xflak has done and appreciate what he has done.

Dude, if your name was not listed as a beta tester then I am SURE xflak will be more than happy to mention you in his credits.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: