• Total voters

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks xflak , no i just wasnt sure if it had to go on another card and it didnt specify or say "the card" it said "a card " so i wasnt really sure cause i was remembering something i read before about installing something where it had to be on the root and there had to be nothing else on the card,so i wasnt sure, if it could go on with the other stuff, yea i dont know if you have seen the tutorial on youtube for the new letterbomb by user the wiickedness , but i though it was really good and it seems to match up with what the modmii guide it made me,i mean besides the obvious first part of getiing the hackmii installer to run but the ios versions and everything else seems similar, i was wondering if i could sort of use that to guide me a bit, i know i will use it for the priiloader settings, but not sure if any of the rest would be usefull too

also i was wondering what is the difference between priiloader and preloader? is preloader just the old version and not used anymore? i remember reading all about this stuff awhile ago,but it was right before the ps3 got hacked,so i changed focus so i have forgotten alot of what i read, but i was researching all this for months before ,but when ps3 hack came out i went out and bought one and put this off ,cause i was afraid of being stuck without a console with exploitable fw

ALSO I WOULD JUST LIKE TO WARN PEOPLE ABOUT USING THE LINK HERE TO DOWNLOAD MODMII, IM NOT SURE IF THATS WHERE IT CAME FROM, BUT AFTER I DOWNLOADED IT FROM THE LINK IN THIS THREAD AND I OPENED IT AND THEN USED IT TO GENERATE MY FILES AND GUIDE, MY COMPUTER WAS ACTING STRANGE AND BECAME UNRESPONSIVE SO I HAD TO REBOOT IT,(IM USING A VAIO intel I3 WITH WIN 7 64BIT 4 GIGS OF RAM BTW), AND AFTER I REBOOTED ALL MY ANTIVIRUS,NORTONS SECURITY SUITE THAT COMES WITH COMCAST/XFINITY ,WAS DISABLED AND I WAS ALSO GETTING A MESSAGE THAT WINDOWS DEFENDER WAS DISABLED ALTHOUGH IM NOT SURE I EVER HAD IT ENABLED OR IF IT EVEN WORKS WITH MY NORTON OR NOT, ANYWAYS ALL MY AV WAS DISABLED AND NOT ONLY THAT BUT I COULD NOT EVEN OPEN UP MY NORTONS, IT DIDNT OPEN AT STARTUP or when i tried to open it AND ALSO SOME OTHER PROGRAMS WERE REMOVED FROM MY STARTUP ,I TRIED TO GET IT TO OPEN BUT IT WOULDNT AND WAS NOT SHOWING IN TASK MANAGER, ALSO WINDOWS DEFENDER WOULD NOT OPEN EITHER,NORTON 1 CLIK SUPPORT TRIED TO OPEN BUT KEPT CRASHING ,SO I THEN OPENED MY MALWAREBYTES UPDATED IT ,AND THEN DID A FULL SCAN ,ALSO HALFWAY THROUGH THE MALWAREBYTES SCAN, WINDOWS DEFENDER OPENED AND I DID A FULL SCAN, SO WHEN THE MALWARE SCAN COMPLETED IT SAID THAT THERE WAS 1 INFECTED OBJECT , GUESS WHAT IT WAS?THATS RIGHT, MODMII ,IT SAID THAT IT HAD A TROJAN HORSE SO I REMOVED IT AND REBOOTED AND NOW MY NORTONS IS WORKING AGAIN,I THINK,SO JUST WANTED TO LET YOU GUYS KNOW, IM NOT SURE WHY OR IF ANYONE ELSE HAS HAD THIS HAPPEN ,oh also i had just done an update for nortons and had not yet rebooted for it to finish installing so maybe that helped it get a foothold

EDIT: it may not be the link ,it may be either the installer itself or the file that the installer downloads ,the actual modmii.exe , i think thats where the trojan was, or in a file it downloaded ,but my malwarebytes said modmii.exe i think, i restored the modmii.exe installer and scanned it with malware bytes and it checked out clean too

ok just looked in the quarantine of malwarebytes and it says , trojan.downloader,and the file path was c:\users\(my username)\desktop\modmii\modmii.exe
when i ran the installer i installed it to my desktop ,after i downloaded and saved the installer to my downloads folder

i already generated my files and a guide but i guess i will start over and use the latest version now

btw the trojan was from the link before this new version came out

EDIT: OK NM WHAT I WROTE BELOW, I HAVE FIXED THE ISSUE BELOW ,I HAD TO RUN IT FROM ITS LOCATION INSTEAD OF SAVING IT ,BUT ITS FUNNY THAT I DID SAVE THE INSTALLER BEFORE AND IT WORKED FINE, I DONT KNOW MAYBE XFLAK WAS MAKING SOME MORE CHANGES AND THATS WHY IT WASNT WORKING ,I DIDNT TRY TO DOWNLOAD IT AGAIN AND SAVE IT,AFTER I GOT IT TO WORK RUNNING FROM ITS LOCATOIN, BUT THE LAST VERSION I SAVED THE INSTALLER AND IT RAN FINE ,BUT LIKE I SAID THIS TIME IT DIDNT WORK WHEN I SAVED IT AND RAN IT,ONLY WHEN I RAN IT FROM ITS LOCATION,AND I SAVED IT TO THE SAME PLACE BOTH TIMES

i have a problem i deleted the old installer and downloaded it again from the link on this page ,i scanned it with malware bytes its clean, then i run it ,it opens,and asks where i want to put it ,i said desktop ,like before, then when i go to say yes to install it keeps on saying installation has failed,check internet and firewall setting, so what do i do now i cant even get the installer to even run now

it just keeps on saying modmii download has failed check internet connection and firewall settings, but i havent changed anything since last time and it worked fine before ,besides downloading that nasty trojan horse virus
how do i get this thing to work?

EDIT" i have reluctantly turned off my nortons smart firewall and it still doesnt work!!! ,still getting the same damn message , that says modmii failed to download check internet connecton and firewall settings

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you xflak, sweet up date, the dml, should help people out, since you have it added to this update.
great work as always. as far as virus goes for the ones who still have this problem..? oh well, need to figure out whats going on with you computer, i never had any problems with my virus scanner.
i think alot of the problems people are having, are user error.

drvipej

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am just not getting something.
The bulk extracting bit in ModMii that does the Gamecube games.
In short, how is that useful in terms that you can't play off usb?

drvipej

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
If you install Dios Mios Lite to a sneek+di emulated nand, u can play gamecube games if they're in sneek format and saved to the SD Card. Note, this is really new stuff, results may vary.

Thanks for your insight and also this GREAT thing called ModMii

drvipej

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lastly, I have modded my wii over a year ago and it is still working fine on cIOS v17.
Wanting to got cIOS 249 with a base 56.
I have used ModMii to download cIOS249[56]-d2x-v6.wad

Is it just as simple as installing this?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Old8oy said:
Huge update! You sure this isn't 5.0 XFlak?Well, I said once before that once ModMii reaches v5.0 it will probably be the last ModMii update... and I can say for sure that v4.7.0 isn't the last ModMii update. I plan on supporting giantpune's mailbomb exploit when its released so that ModMii can build the exploit even without internet (unlike letterbomb). I also plan on adding support for a few more system menu themes (orange, pink {for the ladies}, etc.). And there are 2 other things I plan on doing that I'm not gonna mention, but 1 is sneek related and the other will shorten the # of steps in the ModMii Wizard guide. On top of that, if there are any other new scene developments I'll consider supporting them. I might also spend some time cleaning up the code some more... I think a lot of batch coders might want to study and learn from ModMii, so if I can clean up the code it would make their lives easier. On a side note, I've recruited another translator for ModMii, so give it awhile and ModMii should be supported in yet another language!

QUOTE(drvipej @ Aug 23 2011, 03:47 PM) Lastly, I have modded my wii over a year ago and it is still working fine on cIOS v17.
Wanting to got cIOS 249 with a base 56.
I have used ModMii to download cIOS249[56]-d2x-v6.wad

Is it just as simple as installing this?
if that's all u want to do, yes. However, if u have problems installing it, install IOS236 (download page 1), restart your wad manager, load IOS236, and try installing the d2x cIOS again.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@shortz1994 yea thats because antivirus does not find it, my norton security suite did not find it, malwarebytes did BUT I AM TELLING YOU THIS THING IS INFESTED WITH A VERY SERIOUS AND EXTREMELY AGGRESSIVE TROJAN HORSE DOWNLOADER VIRUS THAT IS NOT DETECTED BY NORTONS ALL MY ANTIVIRUS IS UP TO DATE MY DEFINITIONS WERE UPDATE MINUTES BEFORE AND BESIDES THAT I DONT HAVE TO "SEE WHATS UP WITH MY COMPUTER ,ALL I HAD TO DO IS RUN MALWARE BYTES AND HAVE IT DO A FULL SCAN,THEN GO TO THE QUARANTINE TAB AND ITS THERE ,PLAIN AS DAY IT SAYS "TROJAN HORSE DOWNLOADER VIRUS IN C:\USERS\(MY USER NAME)\DESKTOP\MODMII\MODMII.EXE

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT CAUSED IT AND WHERE IT IS ,IM TELLING YOU I KNOW FOR A FACT ITS FROM HERE ,NOT ONLY DOES MALWAREBYTES SAY SO, BUT MY COMPUTER WAS SERIOUSLY F-DUP AND AFTER I REMOVED IT AND REBOOTED AND THEN RE-DOWNLOADED FROM THE NEW LINK IN THE NEW VERSION POST ON PAGE 283 OF THIS THREAD IT DID THE EXACT SAME THING,I RAN MALWAREBYTES AGAIN AND GUESS WHAT THERE IT WAS THE EXACT SAME THING ,IN THE EXACT SAME PLACE,PLUS THIS TIME ,AFTER I UPDATED THE MALWAREBYTES DEFINITIONS IT FOUND THAT AND SOME OTHER THING TOO ,SO WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE IT HAS THAT MY NORTONS AND MY MALWAREBYTES DIDNT FIND,
AND ALSO THE FIRST TIME I USED MODDMII I DOWNLOADED THE MODMII INSTALLER AND I SAVED IT TO MY DOWNLOAD FOLDER, BUT THE SECOND TIME AFTER REMOVING THE TROJAN ,IT WOULD NOT WORK WHEN I DOWNLOADED IT ,I TRIED IT LIKE 10 TIMES AND IT KEEPT SAYING MODMII INSTALL/DOWNLOAD HAS FAILED ,PLEASE CHECK YOUR INTERNET AND FIREWALL SETTINGS, SO I TEMPORARILY DISABLED MY NORTON SMART FIREWALL AND TRIED IT AGAIN ,BUT IT STILL DIDNT WORK , SAME ERROR MESSAGE ,RIGHT AFTER I SAID "D" AND "D" AND "Y" TO INSTALL ,SO THEN I TRIED TO RUN IT(the modmii installer) ,INSTEAD OF SAVE IT WHEN I DOWNLOADED IT, EVEN THOUGH THE 1ST TIME I USED IT, LIKE A DAY AGO, I SAVED IT , AND IT WORKED, AND THEN AFTER I SELECTED RUN INSTEAD OF SAVE ,IT WORKED, THEN RIGHT AFTER I RAN MALWAREBYTES ,AND THEN IT CAME BACK WITH THE SAME THING ,TROJAN HORESE DOWNLOADER VIRUS IN MODMII\MODMII.EXE ,THEN AS I WAS ABOUT TO REMOVE IT MALWARE BYTES STARTED TO CRASH AND THE COMPUTER RESTARTED ITSELF AND THEN IT REBOOTED AND AS FAR AS I CAN TELL ITS GONE NOW, BUT I AM DOING ANOTHER SCAN NOW
SO IT HAS HAPPENED TWICE TO ME ,I AM NOW POZITIVE THIS THING HAS A VERY DANGEROUS TROJAN,AND GOD KNOWS WHAT ELSE, SO IT WOULD BE NICE IF XFLAK COULD TRY AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS, MAYBE TRY SCANNING THE PROGRAM WITH MALWAREBYTES AND WHATEVER ELSE YOU AN THINK OF AND THEN REUPLOAD IT , BECAUSE IF SOMEONE DOESNT USE MALWAREBYTES THIS THING WILL GO UNDETECTED ,AND COULD CAUSE SOMEONE SOME SERIOUS DAMAGE , I HAVE NEVER SEEN A VIRUS THIS AGGRESSIVE BEFORE,IT TOTALLY DISABLED MY ANTIVIRUS AND REMOVED IT FROM MY START UP AND THEN WOULD NOT LET ME OPEN NORTONS OR WINDOWS DEFENDER MANUALLY EVEN,AND IT FROZE MY COMPUTER COMPLETELY

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I think you are mistaken...

Virustotal report of ModMii v4.7.0
http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report...a804-1314112980

Virustotal report of ModMii Installer
http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report...461e-1314112988

Perhaps something else is causing your problems, but just to be safe I will install malwarebytes on my laptop and see if it finds anything. But just so you are aware, you are the first person to ever claim there is a real virus in ModMii... and the last version of ModMii was downloaded close to 30,000 times. So from my perspective, it's more likely you're mistaken or lying. That being said, I'm still going to look into it.

Also, please don't use caps like that, it's pretty annoying.

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
totalnoob617 said:
BUT I AM TELLING YOU * snip* *yawn* AND IT FROZE MY COMPUTER COMPLETELY

I have had ModMii installed on 2 computers for absolutely ages, and never had a problem. Both machines work sweet as a nut. Not sure what your problem is, apart from a jammed caps-lock key.

Only problem I've ever had (and still do) is that I get prompted to install .net3.5 every time, but instalation fails, and as far as I can tell, I already have it anyway. Not too worried though, as all seems to work fine anyway.

Keep up the good work XFlak. Your Homebrew Bounty win was well deserved (still think giantpune should have won something though).

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
He's obviously telling the truth, it gave him a virus that forces his caps lock on.

Not to mention: bold type, grammatical errors, nonsensical sentence structure, and a terminal case of "wall-of-text-itis". This sounds very serious.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What a huge update, great work XFlak
smile.gif

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@guinness,
ModMii checks if .net framework 3.5 is installed in a very crude way by seeing if you have the following folder on your PC:
Code:
%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ where: %windir% is usually C:\Windows
On my windows 7 and windows XP machines, this folder is always present after installing .NET Framework 3.5. Can you check if u have a similar folder in a different location so I can add a check for that folder also (or if anyone knows of a better way to check if .NET Framework 3.5 is installed using a batch script I'm all ears)

If you want to trick ModMii into thinking u already have it installed, just create the above folder. At least that way u won't have to watch ModMii try and fail to install .NET Framework 3.5 all the time. Btw, what operating system are u running?

@FIX94, thanks man!!!
biggrin.gif

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow thats great that dios mios has atleast some working titles, so i know that the developer has dropped it but has anyone else picked it up and tried to make improvements on it? and does it have to be used from an emulated nand? or does it work better from sneek? i would think it would work better without an emulated nand

also what are the limitations of the emulated nand? cause when i was reading through the credits i saw something about joy someone , or a dev with joy in his name and something about joyflow and it said something like its the 1st usb loader working on sneek , so can you only use certain usbloader with s/uneek/di? and are there other things you cant do with with an emulated nand that you can on the actual one?

also does modmii have anything for mighty channels?or triforce channel? on wiibrew it says mighty channels 11.1 might have bugs since its still in beta, so what is the best full version to use for triforce/MC ?

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would i lie, ? i am just going by what malwarebytes is telling me, i just gave a full detailed report of what happened, but if you like i could take a picture of my malwarebytes quarantine tab screen where it shows the trojan and where it says that its in modmii/ modmii.exe ,maybe it got infected after you uploaded it to the file hosting site, maybe there is something that is affecting the files on the site where it is being hosted, i have no idea i really dont know much about that stuff, im sure you know alot more about it than me, thats why i tried to explain exactly what happened, so maybe you can figure it out

fine sorry bout the caps i am just trying to warn people so they can remove the trojan
so snicker and laugh at my "bad grammar" all you like

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
totalnoob617 said:
@shortz1994 yea thats because antivirus does not find it, my norton security suite did not find it, malwarebytes did BUT I AM TELLING YOU THIS THING IS INFESTED WITH A VERY SERIOUS AND EXTREMELY AGGRESSIVE TROJAN HORSE DOWNLOADER VIRUS THAT IS NOT DETECTED BY NORTONS ALL MY ANTIVIRUS IS UP TO DATE MY DEFINITIONS WERE UPDATE MINUTES BEFORE AND BESIDES THAT I DONT HAVE TO "SEE WHATS UP WITH MY COMPUTER ,ALL I HAD TO DO IS RUN MALWARE BYTES AND HAVE IT DO A FULL SCAN,THEN GO TO THE QUARANTINE TAB AND ITS THERE ,PLAIN AS DAY IT SAYS "TROJAN HORSE DOWNLOADER VIRUS IN C:\USERS\(MY USER NAME)\DESKTOP\MODMII\MODMII.EXE

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT CAUSED IT AND WHERE IT IS ,IM TELLING YOU I KNOW FOR A FACT ITS FROM HERE ,NOT ONLY DOES MALWAREBYTES SAY SO, BUT MY COMPUTER WAS SERIOUSLY F-DUP AND AFTER I REMOVED IT AND REBOOTED AND THEN RE-DOWNLOADED FROM THE NEW LINK IN THE NEW VERSION POST ON PAGE 283 OF THIS THREAD IT DID THE EXACT SAME THING,I RAN MALWAREBYTES AGAIN AND GUESS WHAT THERE IT WAS THE EXACT SAME THING ,IN THE EXACT SAME PLACE,PLUS THIS TIME ,AFTER I UPDATED THE MALWAREBYTES DEFINITIONS IT FOUND THAT AND SOME OTHER THING TOO ,SO WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE IT HAS THAT MY NORTONS AND MY MALWAREBYTES DIDNT FIND,
AND ALSO THE FIRST TIME I USED MODDMII I DOWNLOADED THE MODMII INSTALLER AND I SAVED IT TO MY DOWNLOAD FOLDER, BUT THE SECOND TIME AFTER REMOVING THE TROJAN ,IT WOULD NOT WORK WHEN I DOWNLOADED IT ,I TRIED IT LIKE 10 TIMES AND IT KEEPT SAYING MODMII INSTALL/DOWNLOAD HAS FAILED ,PLEASE CHECK YOUR INTERNET AND FIREWALL SETTINGS, SO I TEMPORARILY DISABLED MY NORTON SMART FIREWALL AND TRIED IT AGAIN ,BUT IT STILL DIDNT WORK , SAME ERROR MESSAGE ,RIGHT AFTER I SAID "D" AND "D" AND "Y" TO INSTALL ,SO THEN I TRIED TO RUN IT(the modmii installer) ,INSTEAD OF SAVE IT WHEN I DOWNLOADED IT, EVEN THOUGH THE 1ST TIME I USED IT, LIKE A DAY AGO, I SAVED IT , AND IT WORKED, AND THEN AFTER I SELECTED RUN INSTEAD OF SAVE ,IT WORKED, THEN RIGHT AFTER I RAN MALWAREBYTES ,AND THEN IT CAME BACK WITH THE SAME THING ,TROJAN HORESE DOWNLOADER VIRUS IN MODMII\MODMII.EXE ,THEN AS I WAS ABOUT TO REMOVE IT MALWARE BYTES STARTED TO CRASH AND THE COMPUTER RESTARTED ITSELF AND THEN IT REBOOTED AND AS FAR AS I CAN TELL ITS GONE NOW, BUT I AM DOING ANOTHER SCAN NOW
SO IT HAS HAPPENED TWICE TO ME ,I AM NOW POZITIVE THIS THING HAS A VERY DANGEROUS TROJAN,AND GOD KNOWS WHAT ELSE, SO IT WOULD BE NICE IF XFLAK COULD TRY AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS, MAYBE TRY SCANNING THE PROGRAM WITH MALWAREBYTES AND WHATEVER ELSE YOU AN THINK OF AND THEN REUPLOAD IT , BECAUSE IF SOMEONE DOESNT USE MALWAREBYTES THIS THING WILL GO UNDETECTED ,AND COULD CAUSE SOMEONE SOME SERIOUS DAMAGE , I HAVE NEVER SEEN A VIRUS THIS AGGRESSIVE BEFORE,IT TOTALLY DISABLED MY ANTIVIRUS AND REMOVED IT FROM MY START UP AND THEN WOULD NOT LET ME OPEN NORTONS OR WINDOWS DEFENDER MANUALLY EVEN,AND IT FROZE MY COMPUTER COMPLETELY
well then if your sooo sure this great app is the cause then don't use it.. go to one of those off the wall sites an use their app. just hope you don't brick. cause the other sites don't have the support you have here, an your on your own.. an it sounds like you don't even know what the hell your doing anyway. can't see a virus removing any thing from a system, mybe infecting it, but not removing it. like i said . don't use it if your sooo scared. an next time REMOVE THE CAPS DUDE we can all read. the trojan horse issue is dead like a horse, xflak an others worked their asses off, to make sure this app didn't or doesn't have any thing it's not supposed to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram