Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

jskyboo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
What if you just added the ability to boot into Priiloader? AFAIK, magic word has never changed for Priiloader. It might not be as nice as editing the hacks from Wii Mod, but it would be the next best thing.
Yeah I could add that back in pretty easily. It's only two lines of code. I took it out when I took the rest of the priiloader code out but if there is interest I could add it back. AFAIK you're right and the magic word hasn't changed.

claudekennilol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm impressed, this is ridiculously easy to use. Almost takes all the fun out of hacking (not that I call me using everything available hacking, but it's close). I haven't updated my Wii in a while, and this made it super easy.

a couple questions after messing around with my wii more
Is there a way I can leave bootmii on my memory card, but not have it launch? Like renaming a file extension so it doesn't launch or something? (so I don't have to download it again, but I don't want to have it boot into bootmii)

Also, is there any reason to keep more than one nand backup? Assuming my most recent backup works, is it safe to delete prior ones?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
claudekennilol said:
I'm impressed, this is ridiculously easy to use. Almost takes all the fun out of hacking (not that I call me using everything available hacking, but it's close). I haven't updated my Wii in a while, and this made it super easy.

a couple questions after messing around with my wii more
Is there a way I can leave bootmii on my memory card, but not have it launch? Like renaming a file extension so it doesn't launch or something? (so I don't have to download it again, but I don't want to have it boot into bootmii)

Also, is there any reason to keep more than one nand backup? Assuming my most recent backup works, is it safe to delete prior ones?
Rename the bootmii folder to "~bootmii". You could choose any other name, but with that name you can easily enable and disable it with BootMii Configuration Editor.

I have a few NAND backups, but as long as you are positive your new one works, you can delete your old one. If it's your saves that you are worried about, use Savegame Manager GX to backup/restore everything.

claudekennilol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's pretty much what I just tried with bootmii, thanks.

Also, the generic usb launcher forwarder that comes with this is giving me problems. When I load it, it says something like "please plug in a usb drive" and has a noise that sounds like an error message sound. However, when I hit load it takes me to config usb and config usb obviously found my hdd.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
that's how its supposed to work

the words are always there, whether or not there's a HDD plugged in makes no difference

the sound is the sound injected into the channel, which is the sound windows makes when u insert a HDD (except echo'd 3 times)

it will load the first of many different usb-loaders found on ur HDD or SD. For example, if cfg usb loader isn't on the sd card it will load wiiflow

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
XFlak said:

the words are always there, whether or not there's a HDD plugged in makes no difference

the sound is the sound injected into the channel, which is the sound windows makes when u insert a HDD (except echo'd 3 times)

it will load the first of many different usb-loaders found on ur HDD or SD. For example, if cfg usb loader isn't on the sd card it will load wiiflow

Am I allowed to edit?

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i have downloaded modmii and used it to generate the files and a guide but the directions really suck atleasst the begining does , it dont make any sense it keeps on contradicting itself and reads like dog $hit

here this is what i am talking about here

"This runs the Hackmii Installer (and silently/automatically installs BootMii as IOS). Use the installer to install the Homebrew Channel (HBC) and Bootmii as Boot2 if possible. If you cannot install BootMii as Boot2, you also need to 'prepare an SD Card' for BootMii (as the 'BootMii' folder is required to launch BootMii as IOS or Boot2)."

ok first of all it says that the hackmii installer will

QUOTE "SILENTLY AND AUTOMATICALLY INSTALL BOOTMII AS AN IOS"

but then directly under that it says to "USE THE INSTALLER TO INSTALL BOOTMII AS BOOT2"

so how do i use the "INSTALLER"(i assume they mean the hackmii installer) to install bootmii as boot2 when this thing has just told me in the previous sentence that it will "SILENTLY AND AUTOMATICALLY INSTALL BOOTMII AS AN ISO" ? cause uhh that suggests to me that the installer is just going to AUTOMATICALLY install bootmii as an ios without me knowing about it or ever even asking me if i want to install as boot2 or an ios ,so is this thing going to give me an option or not? if it does then you need to rewrite this cause it makes no sense

just like the bottom half makes no sense either ,cause it is suggesting to me in the first part here

"If you cannot install BootMii as Boot2, you also need to 'prepare an SD Card' for BootMii"

that you only need to do this if you cant install bootmii as boot2 , so that would suggest that if you can install it as boot 2 then you wont need to have the sd card to be prepared(not sure what your supposed to do to it,or what prepare it means)

but then right under that it says this

"the 'BootMii' folder is required to launch BootMii as IOS or Boot2)."

it totally contradicts itself yet again ,because now its suggesting that it dont matter if it installs as an ios or as boot2 , becauset no matter which one of those you install it as you will need this "prepared sd card"

so which is it? do you only need this specially prepared sd card if you install it as an ios? or do you still need it if you install it as boot 2 too?

and is it going to give me an option to install bootmii as boot 2 or as an ios , or is it going to

"SILENTLY AND AUTOMATICALLY INSTALL IT AS AN IOS"

i have a 1st production run wii and i want to install bootmii as boot 2 ,so i dont want this thing to phuk it up and install bootmii as an ios without even prompting me on how i want to install it, as it is suggesting, and not suggesting it will

also i am on system menu 3.2 and it suggests going to menu 4.1 , but would i be better of going to menu 4.2 ?
at this point i am thinking of just using a youtube video to do this and updating it to 4,3 and using letter bomb
these one by the wiickedness seem easy and complete and up to date , what do you think?
but id rather not go to 4.3 ,id rather go to 4.2 and then do the rest of the steps, but not sure thats a good idea , to mix and match different tutorials

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Calm down... I you knew just a little bit about a Wii it makes perfect sense.

The installer will install Bootmii as IOS (afaik it does that because the installer relies on the IOS to work). Then in the installer you can choose to install Bootmii as boot2 if your Wii is old enough. That is prefered because it gives much better brick protection.

The bootmii folder is required on the SD card for both IOS and boot2 installations. The difference is, that when you install as boot2 it also prepares the SD card (copying the files needed to the bootmii folder on the sd card). The automatic installation of bootmii as IOS does not do that. Therefor you need only to prepare SD card if you cannot install bootmii as boot2.

As for system menu, I prefer 4.1, you get all the new features like SDHC support, ability to move Wiiware to SD card. 4.2 and 4.3 just adds anti piracy and no new features.

Got it?

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes. thank you. i think so , so your saying that if my wii wasnt old enough to install bootmii as boot 2 then i would have to prepare the card for it, not sure how, but i am assuming that i would just have to make a new empty folder on the root of my sd and name it bootmii ,is that right?

or do i still have to do that even if i install bootmii as boot2 ?

and if i instal it as an ios i would have to make a folder called bootmii on the root of my sd and then do something else,put other files in it or something?

or do you just make an empty bootmii folder on the root of your sd card if you can only install bootmii as an ios, and do nothing if you can install it as boot 2 ?,

also the guide makes it sound as if you have to use another sd card,
so do i just use the one the files generated by modmii are on ?, or does it have to be a blank card, or a blank card with only an empty modmii folder on the root?

also isnt the trucha bug removed after menu 4.1 ,so if you want to use a menu over 4.1 then you have to do the trucha bug restorer?

and is there any difference between having it there or having it restored? or can you do the same stuff either way?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
If you can't install bootmii in boot2 then select the option 'Prepare SD card' from the Hackmii installer. That will make the folder on the SD card for you and copy the needed files.

If you can install bootmii in boot2 skip that step

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@totalnoob617,
when u load the hackmii installer, bootmii has already been installed as an IOS. You will be presented with a menu to install bootmii @ IOS, uninstall bootmii @ IOS, install bootmii @ boot2 (if not possible it will tell u not possible), and prepare an sd card. Anytime bootmii is installed from this menu a "bootmii" folder is prepared. So if you are able to install bootmii @ boot2, afterwards u'll find a bootmii folder on the sd card. However, if u cannot install bootmii @ boot2, u need to select "prepare an sd card". You could also reinstall bootmii @ IOS, but there's no point in doing that to just get some files on your sd card.

While it's a good thing ur reading the guide before doing anything to your wii, if u were to be following the guide while doing it, it would make a little more sense to u since u would see an option to "prepare an sd card" on the screen. Also, what part of the guide made you think you needed a 2nd SD card?

Hielkenator said:
XFlak said:

Am I allowed to edit?
Sure, just be sure to give credit to everyone who had a hand in it. If you go to my "XFlak's Top Wii Channels" thread, v8 of the forwarder will be in there and it will have credits info of everyone involved.

claudekennilol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:

Oh ok. I didn't think you could have dynamic messages on that screen, but I knew I had my hdd plugged in.

Ah! That's where that sound is from.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii for Windows
Version 4.7.0 Released!

by XFlak[/color]]XFlak

Download ModMii Installer Here

Download French ModMii Installer Here

French version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

Download Italian ModMii Installer Here

Italian version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

Download Dutch ModMii Installer Here

Dutch version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

See first post for more info.

4.7.0 Changelog
  • Added Letterbomb support.
  • Changed how System Menu themes are constructed. It now uses scooby74029's cmd
    line version of Leathl's Theme Mii. This allows themes to be created more
    quickly and without having to download as much. Also added an option to change
    the "Channel Effect" of themes; you can choose from No-Spin, Spin and Fast-Spin.
  • Updated MyMenuify to MyMenuifyMod v1.3 (by IceFire and scooby74029) and
    System Menu themes are now saved to "ModThemes" instead of "MyMenuify_Themes".
  • DarkWii Green Korean themes updated with a cosmetic fix to the disc channel.
  • Added Dios Mios Lite (DML) and No More Memory (NMM) support when building an
    emulated nand for SNEEK+DI. cBC WADs for both can be found on Download Page 1.
  • Updated Wiimm's Wit.exe to support gamecube game bulk extraction in addition
    to Wii games.
  • hy.exe and unrar.exe are no longer bundled with ModMii due to a licensing
    conflict.
  • Updated to libwiisharp and patchios by scooby74029 to address false-positive
    virus detection. He also added Version Patch support to patchios.
  • All patched IOSs now include the Version Patch (including IOS236).
    The Version patch has been added as an option to the Advanced Downloads
    section for applicable IOSs.
  • Added Forwarder DOL\ISO builder to the Advanced Downloads Page. ModMii is
    able to created SD\USB Forwarders, URL Forwarders and Channel Forwarders.
  • Added WADs for Hermes cIOS v5.1 Mod by Rodries to Download Page 4 and
    Advanced Downloads.
  • Removed cIOS202[57]-v5, cIOS223[57]-v5 and cIOS224[37]-v5 from Download Page 4.
    These cIOSs can still be constructed using ModMii's Advanced Downloads feature.
  • Changed recommended cIOS 202/222/224 from 202[57]-v5, 222[38]-v5 and 224[57]-v5
    to 202[60]-v5.1R, 222[38]-v4 and 224[57]-v5.1R.
  • Rewrote how cIOSs are signed and patched with the Korean Common Key.
    The output is the same as before but the new method is a lot faster.
  • Removed the "Hexedit" option since the new method of signing\patching cIOSs
    should not be problematic for anyone.
  • Updated ModMii's Download Log; it now displays a download summary and any
    problematic downloads can easily be identified by red text.
  • Updated the usbloader, switch2uneek and Joyflow forwarders from v9 to v11.
  • Added WiiGSC (aka. Crap), ShowMiiWads, Customize Mii, syscheck and syscheckgx
    to Download Page 2.
  • Removed cIOS and cMIOS Installers from Download Page 2.
  • When downloading both BannerBombv1 and BannerBombv2, BannerBombv2 will now be
    saved to a "private2" folder instead of overwriting BannerBombv1.
  • Common-Key.bin is now created automatically if missing when building an
    emulated nand instead of requiring the user to manually enter "45e".
  • Updated the wording in the ModMii Wizard to be more clear.
  • The ModMii Wizard will now also download the "BootMii" folder so users do not
    need to use the Hackmii Installer to "prepare an SD Card".
  • Updated Credits section.
  • Other minor changes and code clean-up.
  • Now pleasing your Wii more than you ever could.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been waiting for your new update so I can upgrade to 4.1U, so finally I can do it now, thanks for the GREAT WORK
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Took a quick look at the new version, so I may have missed it, but I didn't see letterbomb listed with the rest of the exploits. Is it hiding somewhere else?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: yassssss i love emerald