ltlukelt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have finally brought an Acekard 2i but I am unsure as to which SD card I should use? I gather Sandisk and Kingston are the recommended but does anyone have any suggestions about the class and type, as well as where to buy it?

I will need 4gb at least
wink.gif

Thanks.

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I prefer Transcend Class 6. I don't much care for Kingston and have had a lot of problems getting their cards to work with flashcarts. Sandisk is fine but slower - I think they only have class 2 and maybe 4.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SanDisk, Kingston and Transcend CAN all have problems with counterfeits -- I am NOT saying they are the only ones to have it, or that you are going to get a counterfeit, but they are big names so they are more likely targets -- so watch where you buy from.

I recommend ADATA, I bought mine from NewEgg.com I'm sure you can find a reputable low-cost computer dealer in your country.
From what I've seen:
- In terms of price, ADATA is typically one of the cheapest.
- In terms of speed, from what I've seen they tend to have fast Read Speeds and low Random Access times (both what you want to look for).
- In terms of Class, their Class 6s are usually as cheap as others Class 4s (Class is ONLY write speed, but faster write usually relates to faster read speeds).

Hotness1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
SanDisk, Kingston and Transcend CAN all have problems with counterfeits -- I am NOT saying they are the only ones to have it, or that you are going to get a counterfeit, but they are big names so they are more likely targets -- so watch where you buy from.

I recommend ADATA, I bought mine from NewEgg.com I'm sure you can find a reputable low-cost computer dealer in your country.
From what I've seen:
- In terms of price, ADATA is typically one of the cheapest.
- In terms of speed, from what I've seen they tend to have fast Read Speeds and low Random Access times (both what you want to look for).
- In terms of Class, their Class 6s are usually as cheap as others Class 4s (Class is ONLY write speed, but faster write usually relates to faster read speeds).

Couple questions
First link to the product please? I would like to buy one for my Acekard based on your recommendations.
Second is it Acekard friendly?(this should be first but whatever)

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Right now you can get a 16GB Class 10 card for $23 on newegg... I'd totally get this if I had more time to spend on my DS. Brand doesn't matter so much in this field, I've tried Sandisk, Kingston, Transcend, Sony, they all get the job done. Just don't buy from ebay.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
synce said:
Right now you can get a 16GB Class 10 card for $23 on newegg... I'd totally get this if I had more time to spend on my DS. Brand doesn't matter so much in this field, I've tried Sandisk, Kingston, Transcend, Sony, they all get the job done. Just don't buy from ebay.
Too bad that's (full)SDHC not MicroSDHC,

Starts at $30 for 16GB: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....1&name=16GB

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: