Hardware Best place to buy a battery for the gamepad?

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by huma_dawii,
Reactions: enderer

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
well we dont have a much of a choice. end of the day it was a failed console so not even Nintendo cared too much about the Wii U.

i too wish we had more of the Nintendo bigger batteries, i would have brought one too but we just dont. :(

Hello, i can recommend you one i bought from AliExpress that has been working like charm! :D Will edit the post with the link

EDIT:

100% Original HSABAT 4100mAh ARR 002 Battery For Wii U GamePad|Batteries| - AliExpress

I hope it helps! :)

EDIT 2:
Bought it back in September 2020 and so far so good, that brand also makes batteries for phones and that's how I trust them.

maybe OP you should look in to this.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to be ordering a LiPo for my gamepad soon, and going the DIY route with it. Opening the gamepad battery, cutting out and re-using the protection circuit, etc. Should be fun!

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well we dont have a much of a choice. end of the day it was a failed console so not even Nintendo cared too much about the Wii U.

i too wish we had more of the Nintendo bigger batteries, i would have brought one too but we just dont. :(

maybe OP you should look in to this.

Isn't Aliexpress kinda sketchy? I heard most of these batteries produced in China aren't very good. But I guess I could try it. It's only about $20 for me.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want the larger battery you might get lucky if you find someone selling it on ebay, that where I got mine from, note though be prepare to pay a premium price if you want it.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, i can recommend you one i bought from AliExpress that has been working like charm! :D Will edit the post with the link

EDIT:

100% Original HSABAT 4100mAh ARR 002 Battery For Wii U GamePad|Batteries| - AliExpress

I hope it helps! :)

EDIT 2:
Bought it back in September 2020 and so far so good, that brand also makes batteries for phones and that's how I trust them.

How long does a typical charge last you? the OEM battery I have lasts me maybe 3 hours if I'm lucky :(

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How long does a typical charge last you? the OEM battery I have lasts me maybe 3 hours if I'm lucky :(

This last me a long time, around 4-5 or 6 lol but i never actually measured the battery time. If i tell you i bought from that link, and got it back in september 2020 and that it works fine you should belive me, why would i recommend you something i bought and didnt work? Lol

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Flame since when was it against temp rules to do a dump?? Lol I think you meant please don't bump.

Screenshot_20210612-023509_Samsung Internet.jpg

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got pretty fortunate in finding one of the bigger form factor ones on ebay. It's kind of obscene how much better the bigger form factor battery is for battery life for the tablet compared to stock. It feels almost criminal that Nintendo purposely shipped the thing with a gimped battery; even worse, that nobody in the states could buy the official larger model, while Europe and Japan could.

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hi, i recently bought a 3rd party battery pack for the gamepad (3600mah) from amazon de.
still waiting for it to arrive from china (takes a month or so to arrive).
it should be better than the stock official 1500mah one,
it's not the official wup-013 pack, tthat one is impossible to find and super expensive,
but this one should work just as great as the official wup-103 pack. at least with this one i won't have to plug in the charger when the battery is red, it's double the battery life.

for 20 euroes, it is better than nothing, i guess :)

Jacobh

Trophies
XP
Country
Isn't Aliexpress kinda sketchy? I heard most of these batteries produced in China aren't very good. But I guess I could try it. It's only about $20 for me.

The two you linked are also made in China (likely in the same factory). The reason to buy from Amazon is easier returns and faster delivery. However your almost certainly getting what is essentially the same battery with any generic replacement you buy. Quality control isn’t the greatest, so there is some luck in how the underlying cells will work in any of them. You might get a good one, you might get one that doesn’t hold a charge well.

Ventilo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi, i recently bought a 3rd party battery pack for the gamepad (3600mah) from amazon de.
still waiting for it to arrive from china (takes a month or so to arrive).
it should be better than the stock official 1500mah one,
it's not the official wup-013 pack, tthat one is impossible to find and super expensive,
but this one should work just as great as the official wup-103 pack. at least with this one i won't have to plug in the charger when the battery is red, it's double the battery life.

for 20 euroes, it is better than nothing, i guess :)
Could you please share the link? I'm interested and I think I'm not the only one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o