Hardware Question about memory card adaptors for PSP

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was told I could get one of these: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0146RR60O...olid=2UGD82EX02K1C&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it to use two microSD's at once on my PSP. I got a few questions:

1. Do I need to format my cards to fat32 to make them work? i'm thinking of picking up two 64GB or maybe two 32GB's

2. Can I just copy everything off of my current offical PSP mem sticks onto one of the SD cards and all my CFW/emulators/games etc will still work fine or will I have to do something extra/special?

3. Do I need to mod anything or install anything to get this memory card adapter to work with my PSP in the first place? or will it just work because I already have CFW?

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure about question 2 and 3

1. The adapter only supports two sd cards upto 32gb it even says so in the description in the link you posted

From the description in your link.

Description maximum support for 32 GB *

Oh crap. Is that 32GB for each side for 64GB total or 32GB in total?

Or should I just get something like this instead? https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07F68FCHD/?coliid=I3O4P6H96P4TYD&colid=2UGD82EX02K1C&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Also kinda off topic but I also wanna get a micro SD card but i'm a bit concerned because I see a lot of reviews saying they are fake or they die quickly after a few months. https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B073JYVKNX...olid=2UGD82EX02K1C&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it was thinking of getting the adapter and the sd card I just linked maybe, unless someone has better suggestions for brands or something I don't know.

Man is it hard to find official accessories for this thing anymore...batteries, memcards etc, I know it's an old console but damn.

Last edited by kbf,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
1) Yes, needs to be FAT32. And you can ignore their "size limits", the PSP supports a theoretical max size of 2TB, which any adapter that works properly would support just fine. I bought some cheapo one years and years ago that also claimed the same limitation, but I was able to put two 64GB cards into them just fine. I imagine this would be the same, as well. Just have to format the SDXC cards to FAT32.
2) Yep.
3) Don't need any mods, Pro Duo adapters work out of the box.

pumpkinpies

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey OP - did you end up ordering one of those card adapters from amazon ?

I am also in Canada and just hacked my psp and am looking to get a card adapter and just want to make sure i get one that works.

i know you can order from ebay for a little cheaper but i like the protection you get from amazon as far as easy returns.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hey OP - did you end up ordering one of those card adapters from amazon ?

I am also in Canada and just hacked my psp and am looking to get a card adapter and just want to make sure i get one that works.

i know you can order from ebay for a little cheaper but i like the protection you get from amazon as far as easy returns.
Ehh, they're $1 Chinese products with no quality control regardless of how much the seller charges, they will almost certainly work (the more interesting question is for how long, considering they have the pitfalls of all microSD adapters and some more due to their thinness), if you value your time highly just buy a couple of them

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Leen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
while the white dual ones are nice the single chip one I found work better since if you one of the SD cards in the duel go bad you lose everything but with the singles you have at least potential to get the data back

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: +1