elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Disgaea DS

Why? because this game is just so much different from the tradition Strategy games! lots of interesting elements that makes the game special

you could also try fire emblem for the difficulty
tongue.gif

get prepared for characters that die will never return

Dagatahas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I second Disgaea DS as I've played it on the PS2 and I still want to play it on the DS. Tons of fun absurd story. Only a few games have had me get a belly ache from lauging so hard and this is one of them.

Red: Blue! Yellow!
rofl2.gif

Your in the Philippines?

What flash cart are you using and why aren't you able to fit more than one Strategy RPG? A 2GB MicroSD at CDR-King is what? P280? I'm using their 8GB with almost 2GB games and 650MB worth of MP3s. I've even tried the Castlevania: Portrait Of Ruin test.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My suggestion is the damn SEARCH BAR. We don't need a new "list every RPG you can" thread every morning, yet it keeps happening. The answers aren't gonna change.

D

Deleted-167431

Disgaea DS.
I like it more (and the gameplay) then the other STRPG.

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disgaea DS
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon

These are the best ones on your list, not to say the others are bad, these are just the greatest.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XWolf said:
Soma Bringer...

But as above - use the SEARCH button!

...Soma Bringer?

Maybe you should use the SEARCH button to find what a "Strategy RPG" is before posting.

Anyway, I've gotten completely sick of SRPG games, but I did like Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon a bit before hand. It was the last DS game I purchased.

swornsecrets

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either Disgaea or Valkyrie Profile.
Disgaea: Funny, Good Story, Multiple Endings, As long as you want it to be, plus you can play as Etna!
Valkyrie Profile: Good Story, Multiple Endings, Tons of characters an Items, and kinda difficult.
I like all of the ones you have listed though, Fire Emblem or Shin Megami would also be good choices if you want a challange.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
XWolf said:
Soma Bringer...

But as above - use the SEARCH button!

...Soma Bringer?

Maybe you should use the SEARCH button to find what a "Strategy RPG" is before posting.

Anyway, I've gotten completely sick of SRPG games, but I did like Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon a bit before hand. It was the last DS game I purchased.
Doh! Sorry, not with it.

wohoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Huh.. Missed Fire Emblem, so I went for Final Fantasy Tactics. But anyway, Advance Wars would be a class on its own in my opinion.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
OP
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
injected11 said:
My suggestion is the damn SEARCH BAR. We don't need a new "list every RPG you can" thread every morning, yet it keeps happening. The answers aren't gonna change.

This is for a specific kind I'm looking for which is strategy RPG. Not RPG's in general. Also, I'm not asking people to list, but I'm asking them which ones out of the ones already listed are best. Because I want one game on my DS that falls into the given genre and I want to find out which they think are the best. I do not think there are many threads like this yet, that ask people to say which is best for a specific genre , and not all of the games from the genre they know of. That's why I started a friggin poll.

dirty_harry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There is no 'best' game. There are better games based on individual opinions. I went with SMT, because it has a deep and entertaining battle system, and is quite difficult (I find many DS games to be horribly easy). The story isn't the most interesting, but it's a great SRPG.

Advance wars series is also great, different but great, but basically all the games you listed there are different in their own right. Try them all and see which one YOU like and play that. As for statistical research, I think because of the generally 9/10 reviews that Devil Survivor got, it will affect your poll positively and stay at the top.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.