Tutorial Beginner's Guide – How to setup your 3DS for gbatemp

What do you want to be added the most?

• Give us more CFWs to choose from when booting

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • Improve the readme.txt and turn it into an awesome readme.html

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Add a working ninjhax 1.1b exploit that will launch old HBL & will be launched by using Cubic Ninja

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Make a guide for 9.3.0+ users (HBL only)

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Make a video of this

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • Something else... (Please post suggestions and ideas)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

savanger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I'm getting a black screen at step 1.3.5 "Let PastaCFW patch out the signature checks again (select Pasta CFW loader and press (A))." I tried formatting the micro sd and the 3ds but nothing works. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Nvm got it to work, just had to wait about 20 seconds before loading PastaCFW.

Last edited by savanger,

jonnytron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@AidanLumina
I've been trying to download the files from your twitter link for a while but for some reason ntr.bin and the 3ds archives nand2O.bin and POST5_J_14336_8203.bin just don't want to download (error at around 99%). Is there another way you can get these files out to me?

Edits:
I managed to source nand2O.bin from the Pasta 1.3 beta7 release.
I managed to source POST5_J_14336_8203.bin from themehax offline.

Last edited by jonnytron,

AileenLumina

Python main, software engineer and API designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you @AidanLumina

Your package and tutorial (readme) work like a charm to my US n3ds 9.0.0-20U.

Thank you very much.
Nice to read that!

To all those who had problems downloading specific files, I just tried to download all files and it worked:

YxW8pIl.jpg

However, I will zip and upload them now.

Edit: Done!
Where is the link?
You should check out my twitter [...]

Last edited by AileenLumina,

jonnytron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just for your reference I attempted this new download and got the files I was missing. Thanks for your help, I imagine it was somehow MEGA's problem

Reactions: AileenLumina

jonesbalada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I always play my games with wifi disabled, but to re-enable HBL, I had to connect and now my retail card of Pokemon X is saying that it has Update for this title and recommends me to connect to internet. Is it safe to update this in emunand using freeMultiPatcher?

Edit: changed secure to safe. my english is evolving (caterpie level), sorry.

Last edited by jonesbalada,

AileenLumina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, I always play my games with wifi disabled, but to re-enable HBL, I had to connect and now my retail card of Pokemon X is saying that it has Update for this title and recommends me to connect to internet. Is it safe to update this in emunand using freeMultiPatcher?

Edit: changed secure to safe. my english is evolving (caterpie level), sorry.
Sorry for the late answer. It is likely that you won't be able to do so. Better use HANS to access the eShop, then grab the update you need using the search function. It will say that an error occured or sth like that on the first try, just try again. It is safe to update your games using this method.

jonesbalada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry for the late answer. It is likely that you won't be able to do so. Better use HANS to access the eShop, then grab the update you need using the search function. It will say that an error occured or sth like that on the first try, just try again. It is safe to update your games using this method.

Hum... I will study about HANS and try it, thank you very much.

jonesbalada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, thanks to your advice, now I can access eshop, but... It is embarassing... when I try to download sth (like MH3U Data Transfer), that ask to link a Nintendo Network ID. I quit eshop and open System Settings or Nintendo Network ID Settings (via HANS, with FW spoof enabled and disabled) and everytime I tried to create new account or link an existing one, I got "Error Code: 022-2511" telling me to update my system.

Man I am really grateful to your help.

AileenLumina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, thanks to your advice, now I can access eshop, but... It is embarassing... when I try to download sth (like MH3U Data Transfer), that ask to link a Nintendo Network ID. I quit eshop and open System Settings or Nintendo Network ID Settings (via HANS, with FW spoof enabled and disabled) and everytime I tried to create new account or link an existing one, I got "Error Code: 022-2511" telling me to update my system.

Man I am really grateful to your help.
You shouldn't need to link or create a new account... :/

jonesbalada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hum... I never accessed eshop while in sysNAND in my new 3ds too. Is it because my nands (emu [rx-e 9.0.0-20U] and sys [9.0.0-20U]) are unlinked (or maybe not, please read the edit part, hehehe)?

Or maybe because my emuNAND still in 9.0?

Edit: I am not sure if my nands aren't linked after reading the thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/

"What you want to do now is unlink NANDs and that's easy. Go to System Settings, other settings, scroll to the last page and choose Format System Memory. If there's a prompt asking you to connect to the internet, do it, don't worry, there'll be no update. When the warnings show up asking you if you really want to format the device, take out your microSD card. Don't forget to do that or you can repeat everything up to now. Then format the device and reboot. During reboot, put your microSD back in again and follow the instructions to set up your N3DS. Now your NANDs are unlinked and inside the \Nintendo 3DS folder on your microSD should now be two folders with letters and numbers. This is the proof that your NANDs are unlinked. "

But I have two folders with letters and numbers and another more called "Private"

AileenLumina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hum... I never accessed eshop while in sysNAND in my new 3ds too. Is it because my nands (emu [rx-e 9.0.0-20U] and sys [9.0.0-20U]) are unlinked (or maybe not, please read the edit part, hehehe)?

Or maybe because my emuNAND still in 9.0?

Edit: I am not sure if my nands aren't linked after reading the thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/

"What you want to do now is unlink NANDs and that's easy. Go to System Settings, other settings, scroll to the last page and choose Format System Memory. If there's a prompt asking you to connect to the internet, do it, don't worry, there'll be no update. When the warnings show up asking you if you really want to format the device, take out your microSD card. Don't forget to do that or you can repeat everything up to now. Then format the device and reboot. During reboot, put your microSD back in again and follow the instructions to set up your N3DS. Now your NANDs are unlinked and inside the \Nintendo 3DS folder on your microSD should now be two folders with letters and numbers. This is the proof that your NANDs are unlinked. "

But I have two folders with letters and numbers and another more called "Private"
That means your nands are unlinked.

jonesbalada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That means your nands are unlinked.
Hum, thanks but can I update (or change) the version of my emuNAND to 9.5 using the steps below?

1. Create a firm folder inside the rxTools folder, copy the firmware9.5.bin in it
2. Rename the firmware 9.5.bin 0004013820000002.bin. Then copy the rxTools folder on your micro-sd card root

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

why i can't extract the cubicninja files? i've tried it 3 times and it keeps saying error
Did you mean scan QR code? If was it, connect to internet without any block of nintendo like tubehax or router settings and try again.

AileenLumina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
why i can't extract the cubicninja files? i've tried it 3 times and it keeps saying error
Did you try re-downloading? What OS and browser are you using?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hum, thanks but can I update (or change) the version of my emuNAND to 9.5 using the steps below?
Sure :)

Raphael1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I need some help please.
I followed the steps as it said in the readme although I deleted the dbs that was already on my 3ds folder ( I just transferred everything onto a new sd-card, the dbs was already in the random symbol folders ),
and I had a problem after step 1.
I scanned the QR, opened the browser and pressed the home-button when my 3ds told me I had no conection, and then I tried to do the next part,
but when i pressed the volumebar my 3ds just told me that an error occured and that i should save my game data before turning off the system.
I dont know what to do now since I am really bad with tech, and I would really appreciate a reply :D
(I am using a o3DS with 9.0.0-20E and german language, and i backed up the dbs folder.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning